I STAND WITH PJ ...NEW SHIRT AT SHOP..fow women international day..EPIC!!

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited March 2017 in The Porch
https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-stands-with-women

PEARL JAM STANDS WITH WOMEN
CELEBRATING INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD INSPIRED T-SHIRT
NEWS MARCH 8 2017
100% of T-shirt proceeds and 25% of all goods sold on pearljam.com through 3/12 will be donated to Planned Parenthood Federation of America to help ensure equal health care for everyone, especially in states where clinics have been (or might be) defunded; and, to Planned Parenthood Global in support of health care partners across Africa and Latin America addressing impacts of the recently reinstated Global Gag Rule.*

This limited edition shirt was designed by Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament who wanted to create something that reflected the band’s solidarity with women as well as their support for Planned Parenthood in the US and globally.

"We've been wanting to do something to help since we heard about the defunding and closure of some of the more isolated clinics, like El Paso and Midland, that has resulted in women having to drive hundreds of miles for reproductive care," explains Ament. "Planned Parenthood is being threatened with massive cuts and it's more important than ever to show our support for one of our favorite organizations."

If you’re celebrating International Women’s Day or "A Day Without a Woman" by taking the day off or by not participating in commerce today, we stand with you and are making these available through the weekend. Fellas - stand with the women you love.

T-shirts are 100% organic Bella + Canvas, made in the USA, and screen printed by Mary Milliron, Owner of Pork Chop Screen Printing in Seattle, WA.
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by dimitrispearljam on

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Good cause. Good shirt.
    Curious as to why they didn't make a women's-specific sized version :confused:
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Can't say that I support planned parenthood.....
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Great cause, hideous shirt!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    forgive my ignorance..what is the image on the shirt to the left of the "P" if you are facing the shirt?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited March 2017

Then don't say anything at all...
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923

forgive my ignorance..what is the image on the shirt to the left of the "P" if you are facing the shirt?

I think it's a PJ logo?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    tino_11 said:

I think it's a PJ logo?
    Thanks Tino. I see it now.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

Planned parenthood logo.
  • Can't say that I support planned parenthood.....

"Planned Parenthood was founded on the revolutionary idea that women should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfil their dreams — no ceilings, no limits."

I know, the absolutely ridiculous idea that women should be able to decide something for themselves....
    NOTE SARCASM

Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Great shirt and a great cause.

Shame it wasn't released a month or two ago for today
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Great cause. Thanks for doing this, PJ!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

tino_11 said:

I think it's a PJ logo?
    Thanks Tino. I see it now.
    PJ logo to look like the PP logo. (cease and desist) ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Was all set to order one for my wife...until I went to check out. She would not be happy if I spent close to $40 on a t-shirt.
  • damn, those smalls and XS sold out quick
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

damn, those smalls and XS sold out quick

Smalls are sold out? Was on the fence about getting one for the lady. That makes my decision for me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I think it's great they do this sort of thing....I support international women's day. I support much of what planned parenthood provides, but not all. Won't be buying, but it's great when people get to speak their minds, show support for what they believe in. I sure hope they dont sell anything awesome before the 25% to planned parenthood thing expires.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JimmyV said:

Smalls are sold out? Was on the fence about getting one for the lady. That makes my decision for me.
    All sizes are back in stock.
    slh
  • My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Great cause! Nice work PJ!
    Austin, TX
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

JimmyV said:

slh
    Thanks. I'm back on the fence!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:

slh
    Cheers! except now I have two orders... :|
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Woohoo! In for one!
    Now we need a Jeff-designed pussy hat! ...perhaps a PJ version of the RNDM mask???
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • JimmyV said:

slh
    both are now in same order.
    slh
  • JimmyV said:

slh
    both are now in same order.
    slh
    Thanks Santos! appreciate it =)
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Any word on which shop items are excluded from the 25% going to Planned Parenthood?
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873

Was all set to order one for my wife...until I went to check out. She would not be happy if I spent close to $40 on a t-shirt.

If your wife is a woman I would think she would support a cause for women? Yeah, they're expensive, but proceeds go to Planned Parenthood. I bought one for myself and one for my wife. And if you're not in support of women having safe access to healthcare services, then sit this one out because we really don't need to hear your opinion.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Love it! Fully support this and PP! Thanks, PJ!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    LOVE.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181

I think there may a good number of parents of kids in college that might say the same thing until they learn their daughters have benefited from planned parenthood's services.
    It's kind of interesting to witness parents hearing about their kids going there weeks later and then saying "oh thank goodness they were there to help".
    Not every daughter wants to tell their parents they are having sex and prefer to use birth control to reduce the chance of getting pregnant. Parents are quite happy when they learn after the fact.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited March 2017
    It annoys me that people look at PP as Abortions R Us. Only 3% of PPs services are abortions. You kinda have to be a grade A asshole to have a problem with people pursuing affordable women's health services.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

It annoys me that people look at PP as Abortions R Us. Only 3% of PPs services are abortions. You kinda have to be a grade A asshole to have a problem with people pursuing affordable women's health services.

Bingo.

Back to the shirt...great job, PJ/10C!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com