Shannon Hoon -- A Danny Clinch Documentary ! ! ! FUCK YES ! ! ! (Blind Melon)

Comments

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

but do only those who pledged get to see the film? I'd love to see it.

Me too!
    Love the Melon!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Same here.
    I can't remember what the deal was now, but do generally recall feeling like i'd get to see it, and i didn't donate. So maybe that means it will be for everyone, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Sure would love to see this one.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    3 + months later....anyone who donated have an update?
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited September 2016
    I didn't donate, but according to the comments in the Kickstarter website, those who did donat got an update no earlier than the end of July (and there have been many updates. 28 of them). I can't see the actual update, but the responses definitely reflect that it's still going ahead, but no release date yet or perhaps something about the release being delayed so that it's all done right.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    This was the update from July 28. I believe that might have been the most recent update.

Hey everyone! Here is an update from the team:

"We are really happy with our current long cut of the film. The directors are taking a breath and picking up the film again in the next couple of months when they can look at it through fresh eyes after spending so much time deep in Shannon's footage. At that point, we'll be closer to a final cut and able to share more with regards to anticipated timeline. The process of creating a cut of this film with so many hours of precious footage has been long - longer than anticipated - but handled with great care due to the sensitive nature of the footage and the truest desire of our hearts, which is to tell Shannon's story through his eyes the way that he wanted it told. That said, we are very happy with where we are at and how things are moving.

Regarding rewards, almost everyone has received their Kickstarter rewards at this point. We have had a few postal issues with returned rewards that we are working out now. If you haven't received yours, the quickest way to contact us is by sending a message via Kickstarter.

Thank you for your support and continuing to cheer us on. The film will be worth the wait, so thank you for coming on the journey with us!"
    Sweet, thanks!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    but I still want to know if this will be released for purchase to the public, or just those that pledged?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2016

but I still want to know if this will be released for purchase to the public, or just those that pledged?

I'm pretty sure we'll all be able to see it. I can't remember what was said, but I remember thinking for some reason that it was obvious that was the case when it was announced. Also, it wouldn't make any financial sense at all to not release it to the public one way or another.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on

I bet if you tweet at ShannonHoonFilm, they will respond :)
    Suziemay said:

I bet if you tweet at ShannonHoonFilm, they will respond :)
    will do. Thanks!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2017
    Update from Danny Clinch (there's text under the pic in Instagram and I'm fairly certain it opens as a link even if you don't have Instagram):
    Post edited by Suziemay on
    gonna be a blind melon day today for me.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Suziemay said:

Update from Danny Clinch (there's text under the pic in Instagram and I'm fairly certain it opens as a link even if you don't have Instagram):

Sorry, I don't know how to use Instagram at all. Can you post what the update was by any chance? :)
    @PJ_Soul
    "to the incredible blind melon fans and the supporters of our kickstarter campaign, first of all, we appreciate your continuted patience. makin ga film is a long process, but we'v emade significant headway and are moving into the final stages. to be successful, a project of this scope involves a lot of people and requires careful decision making along the way. for exampe, we needed to make sure all necessary legal documents were in place-a process that took longer than we initially thought. we've taken care of those important items, and we're not turning the corner, and we are excited about getting it to the finish line. moving forward, we will provide updates on a more regular basis, and we're excited to show you all this special film-we believe it'll be worth the wait. thank you from my team and blind melon family"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thank you! :)
    PJ_Soul said:

no prob. my forearms are tired from that much typing!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

You're a better person than I am! :)
    @PJ_Soul You can't copy/paste text from instagram, which is super annoying.
    edited March 2017
    Suziemay said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I didn't know that (pretty lame)! @HughFreakingDillon , I can't believe you typed it all out - thank you even more! ;)
    PJ_Soul said:

Suziemay said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I didn't know that (pretty lame)! @HughFreakingDillon , I can't believe you typed it all out - thank you even more! ;)
    that's why I said my forearms were tired.LOL I'm a pretty fast typer, and I know what it's like to want to be able to see something music-related and not being able to. no problem!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Need this film now more than ever please and thank you but will wait all patient and kind like. 
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What's new on this? Anyone know?
    www.cluthelee.com
    saw danny clinch post something on instagram again, but can't recall now what it is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Sept 17/17 - "still working hard to get this film done"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    it’s definitely happening and all should be able to see it when it’s done. these things always take longer than people realize, including the people making the film ;)
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Crazy, I was just thinking about this film and wondering if it would ever come out.  Good timing on the kinda sorta update! :)
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Wonder how this is coming along....?  Anyone seen any updates?  Couldn't find any in a 10 second search.

Wonder how this is coming along....?  Anyone seen any updates?  Couldn't find any in a 10 second search.

as of May 3rd they are in the editing stage. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Sweet. Still patiently looking forward to this.
    I think it might still be a while. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD