High in the Clouds film with Paul McCartney, Mike McCready & friends on the soundtrack

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682
edited May 2015 in The Porch
http://radio.com/2015/05/20/paul-mccartney-lady-gaga-mike-mccready-soundtrack/

Paul McCartney (Larry Busacca/Getty Images)

Paul McCartney Has New Songs, Collab with Lady Gaga Set for ‘High in the Clouds’ Soundtrack
Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready is also said to be involved in the soundtrack for the film adaptation of McCartney's 2005 children's book.

By Philip Cosores

In 2005, Paul McCartney co-authored a children’s book, High in the Clouds, about two competing ways of life, Animalia and Megatropolis, featuring a squirrel and frog as protagonists.

Predictably, the animal heroes are headed to the big screen, with a film version of High in the Clouds in development for the last couple years, with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 director Cody Cameron set to direct.

Related: Paul McCartney Announces 2015 U.S. Tour Dates

But, as this is a McCartney passion project, the Beatles’ great is working on songs for the movie, with Deadline reporting that McCartney has seven or eight new songs set for the film, and will even voice one of the characters, according to Rolling Stone.

One of the songs in the movie will reportedly be a collaboration between McCartney and Lady Gaga, and Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready is also said to be involved. No release date for either the film or the soundtrack is yet announced, but it seems likely to be in 2016.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/paul-mccartney-pens-seven-or-eight-new-songs-for-animated-film-20150520

Paul McCartney has penned seven or eight new songs for an upcoming animated feature he's producing titled High in the Clouds, based on the children's book McCartney co-authored in 2005. News of McCartney's new music comes in a Deadline story about a troubled production company called RGH Entertainment that's been tasked with creating a "sizzle reel" for High in the Clouds, which will also feature McCartney providing the voice for one of the film's characters.

According to Deadline, one of the songs featured in High in the Clouds is a collaboration between McCartney and Lady Gaga. In February, Gaga hinted that she was working in the studio with McCartney on an unspecified project, Billboard reported.

"Had a beautiful session with Sir Paul McCartney and friends. Working on one of his many secret projects! Killer musicians, vibe, and lots of laughs," Gaga wrote on Instagram. "Always a good time with my buddy. I'll never forget when he called me last year to work and I hung up the phone cuz I thought it was a prank!" Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready happened to be one of the "killer musicians" who also took part in the sessions.

High in the Clouds will be helmed by Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 director Cody Cameron and penned by Date Night screenwriter Josh Klausner. No release date for the animated film or its soundtrack has been announced yet, but RGH plans on premiering their sizzle reel in November at the American Film Market in Santa Monica, California.

The High in the Clouds 3D feature film was formally announced in September 2013 (although it was in the works as far back as 2009) with a planned 2015 release date, Variety wrote. But things have shuffled a bit since it was greenlit, most notably the departure of Mulan director Tony Bancroft. McCartney also planned on providing a score for the film – his first time composing a complete film score since 1967's The Family Way – but it's unclear whether that is still the case.

"High in the Clouds is a passion project for me,” McCartney said in a statement at the time. "I am thrilled to be working in partnership with Randa Ayoubi and David Corbett at RGH, and David Michael Lynne and Bob Shaye of Unique Features. Working with the highly creative talent at these companies together with Josh Klausner and Tony Bancroft, we will be able to create a warm, funny and moving animated film that will resonate with worldwide audiences."
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jam-guitarist-mike-mccready-interviews-robert-plant/

According to The Pulse Of Radio, PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready recently conducted interviews and released pictures of the chats with LED ZEPPELIN's Robert Plant and St. Vincent of SASQUATCH for Pearl Jam Radio.

McCready will also be featured on the "High In The Clouds" soundtrack with Lady Gaga and Paul McCartney, set for release sometime in 2016. The children's film, directed by "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2"'s director Cody Cameron, focuses on two competing ways of life, Animalia and Megatropolis.

THE BEATLES legend McCartney co-authored the children's book titled "High In The Clouds", in 2005. He's brought the project to life by producing an animated film based on the book.

In addition to voicing one of the characters, McCartney has also written seven or eight new songs for the project.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jam-guitarist-mike-mccready-interviews-robert-plant/#RS9yX7Kvhi3sCecf.99
    Bump! Still nada!