Should Trump Resign?

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Yes

I got to tell you fellas, while I was out on the do not disturb list I would read and laugh at some of the anti Trump comments and fake news stories you all posted and thought to myself...these poor people really believe everything they read ! but the funniest thing I was thinking is that even after many of you posted that Hillary would win by landslide and Trump had no chance of winning ( was worried myself)........BOOM ! look who's POTUS, now... although I don't agree with most Republican politic's there is one very special thing I really admire about Republicans (ready for this ?) ...you will not see many Republicans before or after an election Rioting, burning other peoples personal property and business', threaten to leave the country,(by the way those celeb's need to make good on their promises) form hate groups such as BLM (remember which party gave birth to the KKK) demand a "safe space" with counseling to get them thru their mental break down over a lost election, hand out diaper pins and coloring books, so folks I have to say..man up ! everything is going to alright and as the over used phrase goes "we survived 8 years of Obama so ya'll can do the same with Trump"

For me, it isn't about Republican vs Democrat. It's about right and wrong. I was disgusted by his words, actions and antics during the election. And rightfully so, I believe. Given his actions/words since being sworn in, I am even more disgusted. I honestly do not understand how people can support him. But hey....that's me. You have your opinion and I have mine.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127
    mfc2006 said:

I got to tell you fellas, while I was out on the do not disturb list I would read and laugh at some of the anti Trump comments and fake news stories you all posted and thought to myself...these poor people really believe everything they read ! but the funniest thing I was thinking is that even after many of you posted that Hillary would win by landslide and Trump had no chance of winning ( was worried myself)........BOOM ! look who's POTUS, now... although I don't agree with most Republican politic's there is one very special thing I really admire about Republicans (ready for this ?) ...you will not see many Republicans before or after an election Rioting, burning other peoples personal property and business', threaten to leave the country,(by the way those celeb's need to make good on their promises) form hate groups such as BLM (remember which party gave birth to the KKK) demand a "safe space" with counseling to get them thru their mental break down over a lost election, hand out diaper pins and coloring books, so folks I have to say..man up ! everything is going to alright and as the over used phrase goes "we survived 8 years of Obama so ya'll can do the same with Trump"

For me, it isn't about Republican vs Democrat. It's about right and wrong. I was disgusted by his words, actions and antics during the election. And rightfully so, I believe. Given his actions/words since being sworn in, I am even more disgusted. I honestly do not understand how people can support him. But hey....that's me. You have your opinion and I have mine.
    yes I agree it is about right and wrong and not party lines and yours and mines opinions and most of the folks on the AMT know my opinion and I stand by it.

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Yes
    forget resignation, i'm thinking we should just make him King. greatest president* ever.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    No
    He should resign from ever singing again.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TxSnQEv0y9s
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    This is why we need a 90 day probationary period for new government employees, including Congress Senate and Presidency.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PP193448 said:

This is why we need a 90 day probationary period for new government employees, including Congress Senate and Presidency.

Agreed. What type of background is done on some of these clowns? I'm baffled by how they get access to some of the most sensitive Intel.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Yes
    What a shitshow
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    vaggar99 said:

forget resignation, i'm thinking we should just make him King. greatest president* ever.

HAHAHAHAH ! YES !

Yes
    i can't believe 50% think he should not resign. sad.
    Yes
    Groping Miss Washington USA 2013

In a Facebook post earlier this year, former Miss Washington USA Cassandra Searles claimed Trump grabbed her ass and invited her back to his hotel room, according to Rolling Stone. She called Trump a “misogynist” and accused him of treating women like cattle. Searles wrote that he “lined up [contestants] so he could get a closer look at his property,” a claim that has been corroborated by Paromita Mitra of Mississippi.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Yes
    vaggar99 said:

i can't believe 50% think he should not resign. sad.

Hell I've seen a a troll on Facebook defend Bannon just because he "served" and call others who disagree with him racist. There needs to be more mental hospitals like there are Starbucks. If he said that to me I would go full Inglorious Basterds on him.
  • Resign?

You shouldn't have voted him in.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Resign?

the same thing I felt when Obama got elected but I didn't have a nervous breakdown and retreat to a coloring book and safe place like the folks I've been seeing on the news.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Resign?

the same thing I felt when Obama got elected but I didn't have a nervous breakdown and retreat to a coloring book and safe place like the folks I've been seeing on the news.

Hahaha it's hard to paint a picture when you will only use the white crayon!
    ;)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yes

Resign?

you guys just keep repeating that dumb shit until you believe it don't you?

this liberal isn't having a breakdown. i'm not in a coloring book. i'm not in a safe place. I'm enjoying watching this world embarrassment destroy bigoted and misogynistic right wing politics in this country for good, so keep laughing snowflake
    rgambs said:

Resign?

;)
    why do you think I'm racist ? it should be pretty clear that I trust next to nobody LOL ! but really this racist non sense is getting a little used up around here, believe me, I judge people on their actions not their skin color but I also understand that most liberals call anybody who believes differently than them a racist, it's a statement that gets a lot of attention and is used as a weapon when they feel the right are gaining ground, that angle won't work forever.

Yes

Resign?

no one is coloring. well, i guess there are those adult coloring books. i am not into those myself.
    Yes
    Donald Trump’s father was arrested at a Klan riot.

Most of the national media studiously avoided printing that simple declarative sentence since Donald Trump decided to run for president. Most of the country’s politicians have remained strangely silent on the topic.

Public commentators did not connect the dots even as President-elect Trump attacked the civil rights hero, John Lewis, when having a Klan sympathizer for a father would seem to be highly pertinent in explaining his behavior.

Yet the factual evidence seems strong. Trump’s father Fred was arrested in New York City in 1927, when a group of Klansmen got into a brawl with police officers during a Memorial Day parade in Queens. There is a document trail, and the names, dates, and addresses match up. The New York Times published a story about the riot and the seven men who were arrested; Fred Trump is mentioned by name. His address is given at 175-24 Devonshire Road, Jamaica, New York City, and the federal census of 1930 shows that Fred Trump resided at that address. The newspaper does not identify him as a Klan member, or clarify whether he was wearing a Klan robe—as were many of the demonstrators―but he did get arrested, and all seven men were represented by the same attorneys. Two days after the brawl, Fred Trump was discharged from custody, with no explanation that can be discovered from public records. After the website Boing Boing reported the story in 2015, Donald Trump denied it, and he has not publicly discussed it since then.

The New York Daily News, the Washington Post, the New York Times and a few other news outlets mentioned the connection briefly in 2016, and then they dropped it. Throughout the campaign, most of the media maintained a deafening silence, as did most of the nation’s politicians in both parties. If Fred Trump was a full-fledged Klansman, no one seemed interested in pursuing the story. Journalists and politicians displayed the most determined zeal in investigating every aspect of Hillary Clinton’s email in 2016, and 20 years ago they showed the same zeal in investigating the Clintons’ investment in Whitewater.

Yet the family history of the Republican Party’s nominee merited nothing close to that scrutiny. And this is the immediate family, the man’s own father, not some distant ancestor from another century, a father with the power to shape the boy’s most profound assumptions about the world. Moreover, Donald Trump has often expressed his admiration for his father. Thoughtful adults can hear the echoes of one hundred years ago in the president’s encouragement of violence at campaign rallies, his prejudices against minorities, and his use of violent language.

Historians know that the Ku Klux Klan, founded in Tennessee in 1866 by ex-Confederate officers, was created to intimidate black Southerners, especially those who wanted to vote, as well as the region’s ethnic and religious minorities. Since the 1860s, the Klan has spread all over the United States, with chapters in every region, and its targets have expanded to include immigrants, gays, and women who work outside the home. In the 1920s, the Klan grew dramatically in the cities of the North, often in response to the arrival of Catholics from Eastern and Central Europe. Accordingly, the Klansmen in Queens protested their presence in 1927 in New York City.

But in the public mind, the organization is still associated largely with the South. Perhaps that is one explanation for the silence on Fred Trump, Donald’s origins in the urban North. Maybe it is still too hard to face up to bigotry and prejudice anywhere outside the South.

We can easily imagine what would have happened if there had been the faintest rumor that Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, or Al Gore had a Klan sympathizer in the family—page one stories and protracted coverage in the media, politicians holding forth, bristling with the assumption that the allegation was probably true. Carter, Clinton, and Gore would have been judged unfit for public service, and their careers would have ended long before they reached national office.

Maybe there are other explanations for the silence about Fred Trump, beginning with shame, a deep embarrassment that the Klan has lasted so long and spread throughout the country, including New York. Perhaps it was the hope that the son would turn away from the spectre of a man who had been arrested at a Klan riot. Maybe it was the well-meaning but naïve belief that Donald Trump could not win the election.

Now he inhabits the White House. Let us hope that the country’s media and political leadership recover their usual probing interest in the President’s background, his motives, and his veracity. The future of the Republic may depend on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-family-history-donald-fred-and-the-ku-klux_us_588e549de4b0cd25e4904a3f
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2017

Resign?

If you consumed real news you wouldn't have felt that way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

-"fake news" comments from the guy who only posts links to fox.
    -99.9% of the protests are peaceful. 0.01% will take an opportunity they can to destroy. those are not true liberals.
    -the party that gave birth to the KKK is democrat in name only. the parties switched ideologies after that. it was the republican platform that gave rise to the KKK, which is why they endorse republicans. jesus, you seriously can't claim to not know that.
    -no one is having a mental break about the election. people are concerned, as they should be. they have a maniac at the helm.
    -surviving obama is not the same as surviving trump. one is figurative, the other could very well be literal.
    -BLM is a hate group? and you wonder why people think you are racist?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rgambs said:

Resign?

;)
    why do you think I'm racist ? it should be pretty clear that I trust next to nobody LOL ! but really this racist non sense is getting a little used up around here, believe me, I judge people on their actions not their skin color but I also understand that most liberals call anybody who believes differently than them a racist, it's a statement that gets a lot of attention and is used as a weapon when they feel the right are gaining ground, that angle won't work forever.

because of your repeated comments painting an entire group of people as "the bad guys". that's called racism/xenophobia/bigotry, FFS.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I've never met a racist who admitted to being one. if they did, they'd be admitting they have no basis for their hatred/fear. so it makes sense.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2017

I've never met a racist who admitted to being one. if they did, they'd be admitting they have no basis for their hatred/fear. so it makes sense.

I have met racists who admitted to being one, but I'm talking the people who actually have SS tattoos and talk about how they keep a baseball bat next to their driver's seat so that if any *insert racial slur here* cuts them off they can be ready to bash their heads in (yeah, I've had the misfortune to actually run into a few people like this in my real life over the years). But barring those few actual white supremacists, you're totally right. Most racists absolutely refuse to admit it... I'm convinced that the great majority of them sincerely have no clue that they are racist. Must be some kind of subconscious defense mechanism or something. Yes, as you say, if they admit it, they can't defend it without sounding like a neo-nazi. The other day I said something like 'they don't know what racism is unless it's dressed up in a white sheet or something'. I think some of those people post here in the AMT.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

rgambs said:

Resign?

;)

because of your repeated comments painting an entire group of people as "the bad guys". that's called racism/xenophobia/bigotry, FFS.
    I don't think Godfather is a racist; I think Godfather is merely okay with collective punishment unto innocents, if any within a demographic could potentially negatively impact his life. Couple this with his inability to think critically, his blind acceptance of news in alignment with his own views and beliefs, his rejection of opposing opinions or statistics, and there's an exaggerated acceptance of what demographics could contribute negatively to his life.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

you need to get out more.

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    benjs said:

rgambs said:

Resign?

;)

I don't think Godfather is a racist; I think Godfather is merely okay with collective punishment unto innocents, if any within a demographic could potentially negatively impact his life. Couple this with his inability to think critically, his blind acceptance of news in alignment with his own views and beliefs, his rejection of opposing opinions or statistics, and there's an exaggerated acceptance of what demographics could contribute negatively to his life.
    well I guess that's progress LOL !!!!!

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Impeachment and removal hopefully.
    www.cluthelee.com

you need to get out more.

nah, it's too fucking cold out.

but I know plenty of racists. my parents for two. but they don't think there is anything wrong with their views on aboriginals, as they believe that their views are based in fact. racism is based on ignorance, blaming an entire group of people for the actions of a few.

like trump (and some of his followers) does with mexicans and muslims.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    mr trump. you skip intel briefings. you do not read. you are a danger to the men and women of our armed forces. Resign!
    Yes
    I want Donald to stick around for a while... this country needs a progressive awakening, and he is just the guy to make it happen