Boycott American goods - everyone outside the US

Comments

• vaggar99 said:

if you want to target actual American products, you'll have to be more specific because there isnt much out there. Perhaps US manufactured automobiles?

There is a lot out there. Not all are international but plenty are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_of_the_United_States

Where do I begin?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017

vaggar99 said:

if you want to target actual American products, you'll have to be more specific because there isnt much out there. Perhaps US manufactured automobiles?

There is a lot out there. Not all are international but plenty are.

Where do I begin?
    Thanks for the list! I now know which companies I am going to put MORE support into!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • dignin said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    Good point. They should go all out and not tour until President Trump is out of office.
    That will show him.

This would explain why no new shows were announced.
    As much as I support the effort, if they come do another Canadian tour I'm going to see a few shows.
    I was talking more about American goods and Industries available abroad - McDonald's etc
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

mcgruff10 said:

Just wondering: if Pearl Jam played a show in your country this year would you boycott them since they are an American product? (Not trying to be a dick)

Yeah, only saw them 3 times and 2 of those were bad, so I wouldn't be bothered going to see them again anyway.
    Your argument just went out the door when saying 66% of the Pearl Jam shows you seen were bad.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

um, how is boycotting american goods going to do any harm to trump? if you think he gives a sweet fuck about the economy, you are sadly mistaken.

In short the "Jobs for America" thing means he wants to take all the tech and pharma jobs out of Europe and put them in the rust belt. No economist thinks this is going to work.
    If he did remove all of these well established industries in Europe by heavily taxing them, the place would fall apart and there would have to be some retaliation/repercussion for these actions in the form of heavily taxing US goods or some other means. Leave well enough alone.
    he's an idiot for sure. but boycotting american industries hurts the american worker, it doesn't hurt or stop trump. in my opinion, you are barking up the wrong tree here. and I'm canadian.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10 said:

Just wondering: if Pearl Jam played a show in your country this year would you boycott them since they are an American product? (Not trying to be a dick)

Yeah, only saw them 3 times and 2 of those were bad, so I wouldn't be bothered going to see them again anyway.
    Your argument just went out the door when saying 66% of the Pearl Jam shows you seen were bad.
    In my opinion they were. I don't expect you to feel the same. Oh sorry, I am on their forum, so I can't be critical at all - I forgot.
  • um, how is boycotting american goods going to do any harm to trump? if you think he gives a sweet fuck about the economy, you are sadly mistaken.

In short the "Jobs for America" thing means he wants to take all the tech and pharma jobs out of Europe and put them in the rust belt. No economist thinks this is going to work.
    If he did remove all of these well established industries in Europe by heavily taxing them, the place would fall apart and there would have to be some retaliation/repercussion for these actions in the form of heavily taxing US goods or some other means. Leave well enough alone.
    he's an idiot for sure. but boycotting american industries hurts the american worker, it doesn't hurt or stop trump. in my opinion, you are barking up the wrong tree here. and I'm canadian.
    It may make him realise that things can work both ways - trade relations etc are beneficial to all involved and that there is definitely no quick fix (or maybe no fix at all) to the jobs that have been lost in America to industries moving to cheaper countries.

um, how is boycotting american goods going to do any harm to trump? if you think he gives a sweet fuck about the economy, you are sadly mistaken.

It may make him realise that things can work both ways - trade relations etc are beneficial to all involved and that there is definitely no quick fix (or maybe no fix at all) to the jobs that have been lost in America to industries moving to cheaper countries.
    I have zero confidence that trump will be made to see anything he doesn't want to see. especially where it concerns money that isn't his. he has stiffed contractors, employees, without a care in the world. he started a freaking university whose sole purpose was to defraud its students.

he is in this for power and money and his petty little insecurities.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    Good point. They should go all out and not tour until President Trump is out of office.
    That will show him.

As much as I support the effort, if they come do another Canadian tour I'm going to see a few shows.
    I was talking more about American goods and Industries available abroad - McDonald's etc
    I understand that, was more responding to the question about if I would boycott the band.

I support a boycott, but admittedly I have already broken it. I'm a shitty person, not very good at practicing what I preach.
  • um, how is boycotting american goods going to do any harm to trump? if you think he gives a sweet fuck about the economy, you are sadly mistaken.

I have zero confidence that trump will be made to see anything he doesn't want to see. especially where it concerns money that isn't his. he has stiffed contractors, employees, without a care in the world. he started a freaking university whose sole purpose was to defraud its students.

he is in this for power and money and his petty little insecurities.
    Unfortunately, you are probably right but protest is possibly the only way to get things going and rare awareness. He's only a week into his term and look at the mess already!

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    That will show him.

Pretty sure I boycotted McDonalds years ago due their disgusting food...don't think they've missed my business though...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    That will show him.

Pretty sure I boycotted McDonalds years ago due their disgusting food...don't think they've missed my business though...
    Yes, all fast food trash holes should be boycotted and put on a ban list.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    That will show him.

Yes, all fast food trash holes should be boycotted and put on a ban list.
    Only an example!

Here is the full list.

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Will there be a USA made toilet paper boycott as well?? Like this thread you'll all be full of shit..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 519
    edited January 2017
    Wma31394 said:

Will there be a USA made toilet paper boycott as well?? Like this thread you'll all be full of shit..

Yes, you're right, it's stupid to protest against a racist, sexist, climate change denier who could very well destroy the world.

I think the paper I use is non American.
    Things work both ways - if he kills industry in Europe, there will have to be repurcussions. Thank god he's got someone sensible in the agriculture job anyway - an industry worth 150 billion.

http://m.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/trumps-pick-for-secretary-of-agriculture-once-asked-god-for-rain-during-a-major-drought-35408778.html
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Wma31394 said:

I think the paper I use is non American.
    Things work both ways - if he kills industry in Europe, there will have to be repurcussions. Thank god he's god someone sensible in the agriculture job anyway.

http://m.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/trumps-pick-for-secretary-of-agriculture-once-asked-god-for-rain-during-a-major-drought-35408778.html
    Ugh, why is that not surprising? And how did his little rain prayer go? Apparently his god gave him the finger, because the drought continued. :lol:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    stay focused on an Uber boycott. It will hurt Trump.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The ESPN 30 for 30 Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL? paints a pretty decent picture of Trump's business character.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

mcgruff10 said:

In my opinion they were. I don't expect you to feel the same. Oh sorry, I am on their forum, so I can't be critical at all - I forgot.
    You can be critical, it just has to make sense.

2 out of 3 bad shows? That doesn't make sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Nice rgambs. I agree, as always with you.
    It doesn't make sense at all.
    It makes as much sense as saying Hillary won more votes but isn't POTUS.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

As hard as it sounds, please stand up to this bullying by the US president- shop local, buy local, try only buy things made outside of the US

So you're cancelling your 10c membership?
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited January 2017
    I'm really thinking that most people in the US have already unconsciously boycotted products made in the US, since almost everything we buy is made in China...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I am in Australia, I am not buying anymore PJ music and merch ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    I think I will boycott this forum!
    If I thought it would help.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

I think I will boycott this forum!
    If I thought it would help.

You should definitely do it. Come back in 90 days to tell us how it was
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2017

Annafalk said:

As hard as it sounds, please stand up to this bullying by the US president- shop local, buy local, try only buy things made outside of the US

Stop embarrassing yourself, Americans are friendly and cool people, I don't want to boycott them.
    Yes, I love Donald Trump and his racism. It's very friendly.
    "Americans are cool and friendly people" What a huge generalisation.

This is not a 'friendly and cool people' issue. I have nothing against Americans themselves, just against their leader who is all set on spreading hatred, fear and economic ruin throughout the world. I'm not embarrassed at all. Educate yourself - it sounds like you have had your head in the sand for the last week!
    You can boycott all you want, but what do you think of the possibility that Europe will start following in the same trace, we already have Brexit and England is talking about taking back control over their boarders.
    (I think people all over the world need each other)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

What really makes no sense is why you paid to be a Ten Club member if you aren't that into the band??? You can't post here without the membership so what was your motive for joining the fan club? Do you post in the other forums here or is your sole purpose for joining so you can post in AMT to dis the US and Pearl Jam?
    Here is one boycott that I am perfectly fine with! Good riddance!
    http://dailyeb.com/index.php/2017/01/28/celebrities-call-total-hollywood-strike-trump-resigns/

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

What really makes no sense is why you paid to be a Ten Club member if you aren't that into the band??? You can't post here without the membership so what was your motive for joining the fan club? Do you post in the other forums here or is your sole purpose for joining so you can post in AMT to dis the US and Pearl Jam?
    people can be fans and not like the live show. I don't agree with the OP's suggestion about boycotting, but stop focusing on the show comment. it doesn't lessen the OP's credibility. that's ridiculous.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:

Here is one boycott that I am perfectly fine with! Good riddance!
    http://dailyeb.com/index.php/2017/01/28/celebrities-call-total-hollywood-strike-trump-resigns/

Oh shit, you posted this in 2 threads. That's really embarrassing.