Bands That Never Had A Member Change.....

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

So this is a new idea I have, this is a kinda complicated thread because there are a lot of situations that could with member changes, but name some.

Here are some rules to follow:

1. At least 3 members in the band.
2. Need at least 2 albums made before they disbanded
3. A member change can happen before the first album was made or after their last album was made (so basically there can't be a new member appearing on new material)

(will add more rules as we make some)

I also will be correcting people if they are wrong, since I was wrong many times, well good luck everyone!!

I will also add bands on here that do qualify for this so no repeats......My favorite band RUSH doesn't count they've had a member change

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited January 2017
    Radiohead
    The National
    The xx
    U2
    Beastie Boys
    Coldplay
    Phish
    Portishead

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Also If a member dies, they don't make another album, but a replacement comes and tours with them and continues to tour but no new albums, should that count as no changes? I believe that should NOT count we as humans can not control when we die.

Hah I just really complicated this this thing. :smile:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    g under p said:

Also If a member dies, they don't make another album, but a replacement comes and tours with them and continues to tour but no new albums, should that count as no changes? I believe that should NOT count we as humans can not control when we die.

Hah I just really complicated this this thing. :smile:

Peace

That is still a member change.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The Beatles
    Zeppelin
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    ZZ Top
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
    DewieCox said:

The Beatles
    Zeppelin

I'm not a Beatle know how but didn't they have a fifth member at one time or at their origin? Can someone verify this?

Peace

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    They had a different Drummer and guitarist. But it was before recording a real LP. George Martin, their producer, was always considered the fifth beatle.
    QUEEN

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I was going to say the doors, but my brain only ever considers the first 6 albums. It forgets the subsequent two albums they tried to do without Jim Morrison. It should count but it doesn't.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    The Police

Henry Padovani played on Fall Out and Nothing Achieving from the box set, Message In A Box, but Andy Summers played guitar on all 5 albums and the b sides to their first album so they count (?)
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Abba
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    RATM
    Audioslave
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Dead Weather
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Weezer
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Weezer

they've actually had a few lineup changes since their first record. all bass members.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    As far as I can recall, The Tragically Hip should qualify (don't see the band moving on without Gord Downie).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    What if a band added a member, but all of the original members are still present? Guster, for example.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

mfc2006 said:

Weezer

they've actually had a few lineup changes since their first record. all bass members.
    whoops!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

As far as I can recall, The Tragically Hip should qualify (don't see the band moving on without Gord Downie).

they most certainly will not.

they had a sax player in the beginning, and no Paul Langlois, but that was prior to any recordings the band did.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Old 97s
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

They had a different Drummer and guitarist. But it was before recording a real LP. George Martin, their producer, was always considered the fifth beatle.

Or some say billy Preston was the fifth beatle.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    mcgruff10 said:

That I hadn't heard.
    When they were starting out in Hamburg, they were a 5 piece band with bass guitarist Stu Sutcliffe. After he left the band they remained a quartet. He's the one I've most often heard called the fifth Beatle.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    R u s h
  • pljampljam Posts: 387
    Status Quo (I am pretty sure)
    I was actually YouTubing some music and came across some live Quo,watched some from the Hammersith show 2014 ,holy crap very tidy stuff from some old fellas,very good,R.I.P Rick ,a talent indeed
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    pljam said:

Status Quo (I am pretty sure)
    I was actually YouTubing some music and came across some live Quo,watched some from the Hammersith show 2014 ,holy crap very tidy stuff from some old fellas,very good,R.I.P Rick ,a talent indeed

They've had a couple of bassists, their original one left in 1985, and they've had quite a few different drummers over the years.

Powderfinger

Clutch? I can't remember if the keyboard guy that was on Beale Street was actually an official member?

Cool thread - and much harder than you first think!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited January 2017
    Great idea OP, I've been thinking for a while now, I've only come up with Silverchair.
    Just came up with another Australian band: Spiderbait.
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
    KINGS OF LEON
    BONJAH A band from New Zealand formed in 2006 moved across to Melbourne Aust ,put out three studio albums and a couple of live ones,honestly one of the best live bands I have seen,if unfamiliar check out there fist two albums UNTIL DAWN and follow up to that GO GO CHAOS both flawless albums
    Have had the same members since day one
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited January 2017
    . Mistake
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

mcgruff10 said:

That I hadn't heard.
    When they were starting out in Hamburg, they were a 5 piece band with bass guitarist Stu Sutcliffe. After he left the band they remained a quartet. He's the one I've most often heard called the fifth Beatle.
    Also, Brian Epstein and my personal vote for 5th Beatles...Geoff Emmerich, engineer on most of the later material. When the others thought of certain sounds, Emmerich would figure out how to make them.