Options

Houston

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
It's the 4th largest and approximately the 4th best city in the country. Why does PJ not come to the Bayou City very often?

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,257
    Killer show there on the 2000 tour. Love that bootleg.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    great question. I'm proud to say that I'm from Houston...awesome city & the most diverse city in the country. (it's true, you can look it up)

I've seen them several times there & have no idea why they continue to skip Houston.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    They had a potential date booked that said pending at Toyota Center last year. Obviously fell through. It's been almost 14 yrs since Houston has gotten a show. Would love for them to come back here.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

great question. I'm proud to say that I'm from Houston...awesome city & the most diverse city in the country. (it's true, you can look it up)

I've seen them several times there & have no idea why they continue to skip Houston.

probably true. we're a blue city here. nothing like Dallas. only thing we share is a governor.
  • Options
    Bruce Springsteen has played close to 150 shows in California, but never once in San Diego, the nation's 7th largest city. Strange
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    vaggar99 said:

Bruce Springsteen has played close to 150 shows in California, but never once in San Diego, the nation's 7th largest city. Strange

Well thst is definitely odd
  • Options
    my2hands said:

vaggar99 said:

Well thst is definitely odd
    sorry, got my facts wrong. he hadnt played with the E street band there since 1981. he's done a couple solo shows over the years too
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    vaggar99 said:

Better do your homework before making that statement. Because he has played San Diego.

http://sandiegotroubadour.com/2014/01/for-your-information/
  • Options
    jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    vaggar99 said:

Bruce played San Diego in Sept 1981

Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

vaggar99 said:

Better do your homework before making that statement. Because he has played San Diego.

http://sandiegotroubadour.com/2014/01/for-your-information/
    i knew someone was probably already fact checking me. i was going off of memory from a local radio DJ from years ago...guess that's why history needs to be recorded in text not memories
  • Options
    anyway, we digress. the reason Bruce, McCartney rarely make it to San Diego is likely due to it's proximity to Los Angeles and Orange County. Houston is almost twice the size of San Diego and has no other major cities close by. Pearl Jam has played San Diego on every tour since the beginning of the band.

Come to Houston Pearl Jam. We'll take you to NASA. Oh and wait till you the Energy Corridor. It's amazing what they can do with steel and glass these days. Oh and our people are fucking cool!!!
  • Options
    Have played Dallas, Austin many times, but Alas no love for Houston. From the activity on this board of several PJ fans, two awesome venues, one indoor/outdoor, two airports for easy access. I'm begging for a show the easy two-night sellout outside of NYC and philly. Hoping the wishful thinking of a '17 west coast run starts in the lone star state.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    I was born in Houston if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Too humid
    Messes with Eddies hair
  • Options
    Lived in Houston for three years. Went to see PJ in what was a lull for me in 2000, reignited the passion and a show I'll never forget...friends, music and japes. Play again and give me an excuse to come back to the republic (small "r"), to hit Goode Co., drink me some Shiner and hit all the nooks and crannies that a great southern city has to offer. Ta. Oh, and see Pearl Jam... ;) chin chin
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    They played two shows in Houston 2000 correct? I believe the venue was called the woodlands?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    yeah and one in 2003. i lived in San Diego in those years and actually never seen the band here in my hometown.
  • Options
    At Houston 03
    Eddie said he lived here for only about
    6 months or something and was about 6 or so and all he could remember was standing in a bed of fire ants and screaming from the pain
    And yes would love to see the band again it's been awhile and the city deserves it
  • Options
    ^^^hahah...that happened a lot in those days. i don't think the fire ants are as bad anymore. at least i don't see too many beds in our neighborhood.
  • Options
    timbo1972 said:

Lived in Houston for three years. Went to see PJ in what was a lull for me in 2000, reignited the passion and a show I'll never forget...friends, music and japes. Play again and give me an excuse to come back to the republic (small "r"), to hit Goode Co., drink me some Shiner and hit all the nooks and crannies that a great southern city has to offer. Ta. Oh, and see Pearl Jam... ;) chin chin

Goode Company is awesome
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    Where's shep?

It's laughable how they keep skipping Houston.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

Where's shep?

It's laughable how they keep skipping Houston.

Supposedly had a hold on the Toyota center for the 2016 tour, couple of things must have obviously fell through. Hoping get a slot in the possible west coast 2017 run.
  • Options
    ^^^Toyota center. no! how bout my backyard instead?
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    mfc2006 said:

timbo1972 said:

Goode Company is awesome
    Goode company BBQ is amazing. They have an awesome chocolate moose pie too for dessert.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos said:

mfc2006 said:

timbo1972 said:

Goode Company is awesome
    Goode company BBQ is amazing. They have an awesome chocolate moose pie too for dessert.
    Love their seafood place on I-10 as well. The Texas Shrimp are awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Awwww man please don't talk about BBQ. Had BBQ yesterday from a pace in Lockhart and got food poisoning, been shitting for a solid 20 hours straight now. And it's green. Green disease?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408

Awwww man please don't talk about BBQ. Had BBQ yesterday from a pace in Lockhart and got food poisoning, been shitting for a solid 20 hours straight now. And it's green. Green disease?

What BBQ joint? Blacks?
  • Options
    pj8 said:

What BBQ joint? Blacks?
    No, I had a lacrosse tourney this weekend there, Simon Saturday I had blacks (no problem) then Sunday I had smittys and kreuz. Kreuz won the battle was by far better than the other two, smittys gave me and my lady the fp though :(
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    Smitty's has gone way down hill the last few years, imo.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

Smitty's has gone way down hill the last few years, imo.

Yeah, I'll never go there again lol, sure learned my lesson, as I sit here drinking pedialyte and eating white rice and toast.