Houston

2»

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    Rudy's has the best bbq in imo. Best tex-mex fajitas are probably still at Lupe Tortilla's (original location only).
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Lupe Tortilla's is fantastic
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Never been or heard of lupes. I'm guessing it's not in Austin but I'll be keeping an eye out
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

Never been or heard of lupes. I'm guessing it's not in Austin but I'll be keeping an eye out

I think there are a couple of locations in Austin---one in Westlake for sure, anyway.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    lupe is in austin. it's a chain.

rudy's isn't in the top 10 in austin. when was the last time you were here? never heard of Franklin? it has been named the best bbq place in the world by multiple mags, newspapers and tv shows.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:

rudy's isn't in the top 10 in austin. when was the last time you were here? never heard of Franklin? it has been named the best bbq place in the world by multiple mags, newspapers and tv shows.

Rudy's is ok if you're craving BBQ in a pinch. Franklin is the best bbq I've ever had. I'd put Goode Co in my top 5 as well
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Franklin lives up to the hype every time and is worth the 4-5 hour line.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    ComeToTX said:

The only Lupe that deserves the reputation is the original on I-10 and Highway 6. The rest are 90%
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
    KV4053 said:

ComeToTX said:

The only Lupe that deserves the reputation is the original on I-10 and Highway 6. The rest are 90%
    that's the one I used to go to. I lived off of I-10 and Dairy Ashford
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:

ComeToTX said:

Rudy's is ok if you're craving BBQ in a pinch. Franklin is the best bbq I've ever had. I'd put Goode Co in my top 5 as well
    Franklin's is the best I've had as well.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    KV4053 said:

ComeToTX said:

yeah, that's the one. the rest are run by the original owners son's. not quite as good
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Posts: 171
    edited December 2016
    While we don't have the quantity of great BBQ places here in Houston like in Austin and around the hill country, I have to say, Corkscrew BBQ is pretty damn good. Better than anything I've ever had at Goode Co.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    edited December 2016
    vaggar99 said:

KV4053 said:

ComeToTX said:

yeah, that's the one. the rest are run by the original owners son's. not quite as good
    Actually the new ones are run by a restauranteur.....my neighbor. The son may be involved though
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Tuta23Tuta23 Posts: 115
    Killen's BBQ. Not technically Houston, but we claim anything good less than 100 miles out... And please stop saying Goode Company has good BBQ -- some poor soul might actually believe you!

Kreuz is worth a trip always.

Lupe's is good, but their service is horrible and the prices are too damn high!

Also -- please come back to Houston, guys! Just don't play outdoors in the summer.
    I am not a Thief of Silence.
    Tuta23 said:

Killen's BBQ. Not technically Houston, but we claim anything good less than 100 miles out... And please stop saying Goode Company has good BBQ -- some poor soul might actually believe you!

I prefer their seafood restaurant, to be honest. Also, I haven't lived there in 9 years so I may not know all of the best places. I usually just grill/smoke my own BBQ, so I don't eat out a ton.

I can tell you that I miss the Tex Mex & BBQ, though. Those types of restaurants aren't that great up here in Portland.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm on the east coast and I know about Franklins... it's one of my major reasons for going to Austin in the future
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • This town is definitely due a show or two. Two-nighter at Toyta Center or Cynthia Woods in the fall would be great. Wishlist party on the waterway. Putting it on my Christmas list.