Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited November 2016
    I'm thinking the priest buried some guns or something in that empty grave in Alexandria.
    So Carl and Jesus are heading to Negans. I hope Negan cuts his hair off.

Also the zombie attack on Hilltop, was that really the Saviors doing or was it someone else?
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

I'm thinking the priest buried some guns or something in that empty grave in Alexandria.

Also the zombie attack on Hilltop, was that really the Saviors doing or was it someone else?

Simon (Savior leader) told Gregory that they did so the Saviors could come to their rescue to prove that Hilltop still needed them. But he said they saved themselves. Gregory then said (trying to appease Simon) that it was because of the skills they learned from the Saviors.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

Simon (Savior leader) told Gregory that they did so the Saviors could come to their rescue to prove that Hilltop still needed them. But he said they saved themselves. Gregory then said (trying to appease Simon) that it was because of the skills they learned from the Saviors.
    I recall that but it seemed to me that Simon really didnt know exactly what Gregory was talking about. It seemed like he just went along with it and Gregory took it as face value.
  • Options

I recall that but it seemed to me that Simon really didnt know exactly what Gregory was talking about. It seemed like he just went along with it and Gregory took it as face value.
    Hmmm..... didn't catch that.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    This show is getting tough to watch.

Anyways, pretty sure if I was in Rick's group in Alexandria...I'd be getting the fuck out at this point. I'd rather take my chances on the road than have to deal with a nutjob like Negan who's just going to come and take your shit and possibly kill some people whenever the hell he wants.

Oh, and if they didn't hide a stash of guns and ammo somewhere in or around Alexandria, that's just really dumb.

As others mentioned, why aren't they growing food in Alexandria? Hell, Rick went on a farmer kick before when they were in the jail. Seems like a good opportunity...
  • Options
    mca47 said:

This show is getting tough to watch.

Anyways, pretty sure if I was in Rick's group in Alexandria...I'd be getting the fuck out at this point. I'd rather take my chances on the road than have to deal with a nutjob like Negan who's just going to come and take your shit and possibly kill some people whenever the hell he wants.

Oh, and if they didn't hide a stash of guns and ammo somewhere in or around Alexandria, that's just really dumb.

As others mentioned, why aren't they growing food in Alexandria? Hell, Rick went on a farmer kick before when they were in the jail. Seems like a good opportunity...

I thought about the gun stash too. If they don't have something hidden...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    walking dead fan here..........that was by far the worst episode of the series. had a teen drama feel to it. terrible.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

walking dead fan here..........that was by far the worst episode of the series. had a teen drama feel to it. terrible.

Did anyone notice how passionately Michonne kissed Rick. Like it was a "goodbye" kiss.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    worst episode ever, i hate this show! haha. yeee people!

slow episode, no doubt. the writers have their work cut out for them when they try and keep up with four separate communities. i did see that there will be more expended episodes this season -- but that really only means an extra 12-15 minutes of the actual show and the rest is sucked up by commercials. it will be a tough juggling act to showcase all of the communities evenly week after week (or every other week for that matter) -- the comics have great flow at this point in the story, and if the show is not done properly, the story lines will suffer and get derailed. i hope the writers brush the hilltop to the side because that is the least interesting community out of the four. let the kingdom breathe/expand and treat rick/negan's community as one.

• Options
    rival. said:

worst episode ever, i hate this show! haha. yeee people!

slow episode, no doubt. the writers have their work cut out for them when they try and keep up with four separate communities. i did see that there will be more expended episodes this season -- but that really only means an extra 12-15 minutes of the actual show and the rest is sucked up by commercials. it will be a tough juggling act to showcase all of the communities evenly week after week (or every other week for that matter) -- the comics have great flow at this point in the story, and if the show is not done properly, the story lines will suffer and get derailed. i hope the writers brush the hilltop to the side because that is the least interesting community out of the four. let the kingdom breathe/expand and treat rick/negan's community as one.

I love this show. but this ep was terrible.

I really don't like the format of one community per ep. I think it would do fine if they flipped back and forth each ep. Maybe not.

I'm not a showrunner, so what do I know.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Did anyone notice how passionately Michonne kissed Rick. Like it was a "goodbye" kiss.
    It was uncomfortable to watch. It seemed forced. They do not make a good couple.

The show is getting incredibly boring. We get it. The saviors rule the world. But where were they for the first 6 seasons? You'd think a group that large and that brutal would have been heard about beforehand. The show really needs to start moving towards SOMETHING.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

It was uncomfortable to watch. It seemed forced. They do not make a good couple.

The show is getting incredibly boring. We get it. The saviors rule the world. But where were they for the first 6 seasons? You'd think a group that large and that brutal would have been heard about beforehand. The show really needs to start moving towards SOMETHING.
    I agree. I don't like them as a couple either. they don't gel.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016

I'm a huge defender of the show and I get what they are trying to do but I'm starting to agree it is becoming too slow and i've caught myself not paying attention at some points. They just have so many story lines and sub story lines going on right now

• Options
    I love Rick and Michonne together. I had been hoping for that for a couple of seasons.
  • Options

I love Rick and Michonne together. I had been hoping for that for a couple of seasons.

Why?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Why?
    Not sure. I think it is because Rick is the tough guy leader and Michonne is the loner tough girl with a good heart. They just seem to work so well together. And they got to know each other very well before taking the plunge. Unlike what Rick did with Jessie. I thought that was crazy and did not like that relationship. And of course Lori annoyed the hell out of most of us. Michonne is a different type.
  • Options

Why?
    Not sure. I think it is because Rick is the tough guy leader and Michonne is the loner tough girl with a good heart. They just seem to work so well together. And they got to know each other very well before taking the plunge. Unlike what Rick did with Jessie. I thought that was crazy and did not like that relationship. And of course Lori annoyed the hell out of most of us. Michonne is a different type.
    I totally dug Jessie. thought she was hot in her post-apocalyptic grunge wear.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SPOILER!!!! Don't scroll down!!!

So. Why the hell do we need another plot line and another "commune"?!?

The woman's compound gets together with the Kingdom and Ricks crew and they defeat the Saviors and...

I'm really disappointed now...
  • Options
    To further add:

This show was all about the zombies. It has moved towards the humans and their plights now, which I don't really care about...

Bring back zombies and the good fight against them... Yeah, I'm simple...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    I'm not crazy about these standalone episodes like this, but that one actually wasn't too bad last night. Still though, the fact that they spend so much time away from each group is ridiculous. I know it's a huge ensemble cast, but there has to be a better way to intertwine all of these different stories.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    lump me into the "shit, fuck... another community crowd." i imagine they will stay out of focus until needed -- they are well armed so maybe tara breaks down and tells everyone in alexandria about them and they end up supplying rick & company weapons/ammo down the road? who knows. but kind of a throw away episode. in 60 minutes, we learned two things 1) there is a group of well armed women that escaped the savior's compound 2) tara is a lousy swimmer. could have caught up on those two important plot lines here, or on the walking dead's facebook page.

i am a big defender of this show, but yeah... these standalone episodes are starting to get to me. any episode that doesn't feature rick & negan talking to each other is a lost opportunity in my opinion.
  • Options
    I'm curious as to how Oceanside got that large stock of weapons. The Saviors killed all the males older than 10, but left all their weapons? Doesn't make sense unless they had them hidden somewhere or acquired them later.
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited November 2016

The woman's compound gets together with the Kingdom and Ricks crew and they defeat the Saviors and...

I haven't read all the comments yet. Forgive me if its already been said. I felt they showed this women and children only commune to illustrate what could happen to Alexandria if they keep taking it in the rear from Negan and company, lol. In other words, first it starts with them taking all the guns and half of everything. Then eventually, they kill all the men and boys over 10, those despicable bastards.

It is kind of curious how the ladies said they left with only the clothes on their backs, in the middle of the night, yet have a huge artillery of weapons and dog clickers, lol.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    boring but good episode ( i like Tara though). Didn't really care for the other group although i'm sure they'll come into play later.

I think the other group got their weapons and clothes like all the other groups by scavenging them and stuff.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

I haven't read all the comments yet. Forgive me if its already been said. I felt they showed this women and children only commune to illustrate what could happen to Alexandria if they keep taking it in the rear from Negan and company, lol. In other words, first it starts with them taking all the guns and half of everything. Then eventually, they kill all the men and boys over 10, those despicable b-tards.

It is kind of curious how the ladies said they left with only the clothes on their back, in the middle of the night, yet have a huge artillery of weapons and dog clickers, lol.
    Which also bothers me about the saviors. They will annihilate everything else around them. No sustaining life...
  • Options

I haven't read all the comments yet. Forgive me if its already been said. I felt they showed this women and children only commune to illustrate what could happen to Alexandria if they keep taking it in the rear from Negan and company, lol. In other words, first it starts with them taking all the guns and half of everything. Then eventually, they kill all the men and boys over 10, those despicable b-tards.

It is kind of curious how the ladies said they left with only the clothes on their back, in the middle of the night, yet have a huge artillery of weapons and dog clickers, lol.
    Which also bothers me about the saviors. They will annihilate everything else around them. No sustaining life...
    the saviours didn't annihalate them for no reason. gramma said they tried to fight back, and all the men were killed. the lesson here is don't fight back until you think you can win. negan takes no prisoners.

well, except vaginas.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

the saviours didn't annihalate them for no reason. gramma said they tried to fight back, and all the men were killed. the lesson here is don't fight back until you think you can win. negan takes no prisoners.

well, except vaginas.
    Yep. Fight back and then annihilate.

The amount of fear that everyone has is amazing too. Nobody trusts anyone.

Also every leader we've seen is a little off. Anyone with a moral compass doesn't last long on this show...
  • Options
    I liked the episode.
    As long as they can make it believable - no vans off bridges that land on its wheels - I am along for the ride.
    where did Heath go?
    Saviours getting their truck back?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Man, another snoozer for the most part. I guess this episode puts the idea of Alexandria joining the women commune to fight the Saviors as a possibility.
    I gotta say, Taras tattas were the stars of this episode for me.
  • Options

Man, another snoozer for the most part. I guess this episode puts the idea of Alexandria joining the women commune to fight the Saviors as a possibility.
    I gotta say, Taras tattas were the stars of this episode for me.

they were a focal point for sure.

a bunch of assholes online were fat shaming her and she struck back in a really scathing post.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com