Election night 2016

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Do we all agree that the polls are rigged?
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Dow Jones futures are down more right now than day after 9/11.
  • JC29856 said:

Polls don't work anymore bc people realize they don't have to answer them. So skewed yes.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2016
    I am disgusted.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JC29856 said:

no ... there are for sure some vocal trump supporters but there was a ton of closet supporters ... it's similar to Brexit in the UK ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    NBC says she now has a harder path, if all is leads hold he probably wins...I don't believe he'll win, but much closer than I ever thought...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    coming down to michigan and wisconsin
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    polaris_x said:

this is sort of what canada's former pm once said about his term ... the hardest issue he ever had to deal with was not whether or not to send Canada to Iraq but rather gay marriage ... this is because people will never outwardly proclaim their homophobia but in the security of their home or ballot box - they are free to express their ignorance ...

this is what's happening now ... people didn't want to say they would vote for trump but deep down trump represents more americans by a landslide vs hilary ...

Trump is the most pro-gay republican that has ever ran
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    jeffbr said:

hedonist said:

Should've invested in Jim Beam or other alcoholic goodies yesterday.

Two bowls and 1 whiskey down. More to come .
    L'chaim, jeff.

L'bowls?

That too.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

I am disgusted.

Oh, you have no idea! I couldn't be more ashamed and disgusted.
    The only bright side would be that folks like free, jc, tonifig8 etc will have to accept their tinfoil hat awards for claiming it was decided years ago and it is all rigged.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am disgusted.

The only bright side would be that folks like free, jc, tonifig8 etc will have to accept their tinfoil hat awards for claiming it was decided years ago and it is all rigged.
    I did underestimate just how many votes the Russians are casting for trump
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

to be honest, can someone please explain to me how the united states became this superpower when people vote for this guy? man, I am shocked not that I think Hillary is going to lose but that trump got this many votes

We became a super power after world war 2.
    oh I know that with the land lease for weapons deal. I am just wondering how trump can be this close tbh
    Because Hillary is such a shitty candidate. If Biden or sanders runs it s a tko after Maryland.
    Agree about Hillary.(Trump is shitty too)

And yeah, i too also think if Joe Biden ran he would've ran away from Trump. I wonder why he didn't run?
    Also a rebuke of Obama. Make no mistake about it. She is terrible, but the fact the house and senate aren't flipping tells you who the American public thinks is the problem.

And btw, at this point win or lose, love or hate, you have to admitTrump ran a masterful campaign that will be studied for years to come. Dismiss as an oddity at your own peril. He spoke to people both parties had forgotten.
    And will deliver on nothing he promised.
    www.cluthelee.com
    JC29856 said:

Over the last few years I've never trusted polls...I just think today that can't possibly be accurate...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

how many voted for hilary in the primary thinking she was a better candidate in general and in an election vs. trump!? ... bernie would have easily won this election ...

that rust belt is all voting anti TPP ...
    It ain't over but I said a long time ago that as a big of a buffoon I thought Trump is I totally understood his strategy. Trade, Jobs, Immigration, Obamacare, Corrupt Washington. Just keep hitting it over and over again. Stay in the news cycle even by saying stupid things but in the end bring it back to "change". It was a change electorate and he spoke to it.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    polaris_x said:

how many voted for hilary in the primary thinking she was a better candidate in general and in an election vs. trump!? ... bernie would have easily won this election ...

that rust belt is all voting anti TPP ...

Woot, woot!
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am disgusted.

Belittling others makes your day more then your beloved Hillary winning?
  • cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

to be honest, can someone please explain to me how the united states became this superpower when people vote for this guy? man, I am shocked not that I think Hillary is going to lose but that trump got this many votes

oh I know that with the land lease for weapons deal. I am just wondering how trump can be this close tbh
    Because Hillary is such a shitty candidate. If Biden or sanders runs it s a tko after Maryland.

And yeah, i too also think if Joe Biden ran he would've ran away from Trump. I wonder why he didn't run?
    Also a rebuke of Obama. Make no mistake about it. She is terrible, but the fact the house and senate aren't flipping tells you who the American public thinks is the problem.

And btw, at this point win or lose, love or hate, you have to admitTrump ran a masterful campaign that will be studied for years to come. Dismiss as an oddity at your own peril. He spoke to people both parties had forgotten.
    Nor would Clinton.

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

Nor would Clinton.
    Agreed...

So you experienced election Americans, is this another all nighters?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Free said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am disgusted.

But what about it being predetermined?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lukin2006 said:

No. Detroit is going to pull out Michigan for Clinton and that's the end of the drama.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

cutz said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

mcgruff10 said:

fife said:

Nor would Clinton.
    Did I say she would as well? Mind read my next comment.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2016
    Free said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am disgusted.

Not by a long shot, but I have to have a silver lining somehow...and you know she is not beloved by me, I have voiced my dislike for her repeatedly, to you directly, but I supported her to stop Trump. You always responded with one of several conspiracy theories; that Clinton and Trump were working together, that he was only running for show, that Clinton was predetermined and the whole election is rigged, etc.
    Much to the detriment of the nation, you were laughably wrong, whether she pulls it out or not.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Real shocker(sarcasm): Hillary projected to win California.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

jeffbr said:

hedonist said:

Should've invested in Jim Beam or other alcoholic goodies yesterday.

Two bowls and 1 whiskey down. More to come .
    L'chaim, jeff.

L'bowls?

That too.
    Enjoying some Dutch Treat tonight. Got to get through this crazy night!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

lukin2006 said:

No. Detroit is going to pull out Michigan for Clinton and that's the end of the drama.
    She didn't get nearly the same support as Obama did out of Michigan, I'm watching local Detroit coverage and the democrat analyst seems worried...

The NY Times tracker now has Trump likely winning...really?

GOP holds the senate. That is pretty crazy in it of itself.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    lukin2006 said:

The NY Times tracker now has Trump likely winning...really?

It looks pretty close to over to me. I'm about to go to sleep. Shocked and disgusted.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2