124»

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Awesome show last night!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • QuietRiotActQuietRiotAct San Francisco Posts: 28
    MMJ is bringing them to OBH in Cancun this feb. Anyone going to that Cloud 9 week?
    Santa Cruz, Berkeley '08, '11 Bridge, Ohana '21

SF '95, SF I, II, III '06
    Sacto '98 Vegas '00 Sacto '00
    Mtn View '00 '03
    Boston '03
    Mansfield I,II '08
     OSL '09
     SF '12
     LA I,
    Oak,
    PDX '13
    Mexico '15
    FLL, Miami, '16
    Nola, FENWAY I, II '16
    Ohana '21
    Oak I, II "22

• Gonna try to get tickets to see them at the Ugly Sweater Christmas show in Phoenix. Kings of Leon and Band of Horses are also on the bill. Saw HatH at a small venue in Phoenix before the 2nd album came out and thought they were great live. Saw KoL once before but never BoH. Looking forward to it.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Gonna try to get tickets to see them at the Ugly Sweater Christmas show in Phoenix. Kings of Leon and Band of Horses are also on the bill. Saw HatH at a small venue in Phoenix before the 2nd album came out and thought they were great live. Saw KoL once before but never BoH. Looking forward to it.

that should be an excellent show!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Saw them last night in Minneapolis with Grouplove. They were awesome as usual. Played almost the entire 1st album, but left out a lot of my favorites from their latest. They even previewed a few unreleased tracks that they are finalizing for their next album. Sounds like we could get a new release again by fall. It's starting to become easier seeing them play without Josiah. It was definitely more noticeable last time.

Setlist and review of the show below:
    http://www.citypages.com/music/the-head-and-the-heart-ply-their-rootsy-indie-on-a-grand-scale-at-the-armory/484164291
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    tbergs said:
    Saw them last night in Minneapolis with Grouplove. They were awesome as usual. Played almost the entire 1st album, but left out a lot of my favorites from their latest. They even previewed a few unreleased tracks that they are finalizing for their next album. Sounds like we could get a new release again by fall. It's starting to become easier seeing them play without Josiah. It was definitely more noticeable last time.

http://www.citypages.com/music/the-head-and-the-heart-ply-their-rootsy-indie-on-a-grand-scale-at-the-armory/484164291

So is Josiah officially out of the band?  I know they said he was taking a break to get clean, but not sure if he has been involved in recording of the new album.  They still sound great, but definitely a change.
    edited May 2018
    tbergs said:

So is Josiah officially out of the band?  I know they said he was taking a break to get clean, but not sure if he has been involved in recording of the new album.  They still sound great, but definitely a change.
    Before going to the show last night I wasn't sure if he would be there or not because I hadn't been following his status with the band. It definitely sounds like he will not be a part of the next record at all. I did some searching and the only thing I could find was an interview the band did last summer where they vaguely referenced where things are at with him. He seems to be more of a random guest appearance now. It just seems so weird because he has been doing some music, but maybe the big touring schedule isn't something he can handle yet.

The most specific article I could find from last year.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/06/08/head-heart-band-banding-together/380699001/
    New song just dropped this morning...sounds pretty good.  New album coming in May...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ukTdpA6Qf0
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    New song just dropped this morning...sounds pretty good.  New album coming in May...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ukTdpA6Qf0
    That's good news :plus_one:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    damn good news! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Awesome! That means another tour :rock_on:
    Got ticket for Minneapolis in September! I think it will be our 4th time seeing them.
    edited August 2019
    Anyone looking for tix to the Chicago show on 9/13?  Have a pair on the main floor at Chicago Theater that I can't use.  Bummed that I can't make it...love seeing shows there.  They were $80 each after all the fees...just looking to get that back.  PM me if interested.  
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest