Options

Would you prefer a complete show or a touring band style dvd for the Lightning Bolt Tour?

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Touring Band Style
    ldent42 said:

What does touring band style mean?

The 2000 tour DVD was called "Touring Band 2000" where it wasn't a show but songs were picked from many different shows on the tour.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Oh. Yea 14 years later I'd say it's time for a new DVD.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Whole show, lets start with Moline and Milwaukee shows on DVD.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,378
    ldent42 said:

Oh. Yea 14 years later I'd say it's time for a new DVD.

Well there was Live at the Garden, Showbox, and Immagine in Cornice in between.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    What what WHAT?!
    Which garden? 2003? I'll scream.

I can't remember if the DVD drive in my desktop works or not. Crap.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited December 2014
    Touring Band Style
    I love complete shows, but most shows are available on youtube in the multicam format now, and that's good enough for me, so a touring band style dvd would feel like something more unique to me. Behind the scenes shit thrown in, etc. That would be cool - I'd buy that. I wouldn't pay for a full show dvd anymore.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    trieste full show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    Touring Band Style
    touring band would be great with a track taken from every show they have done for LB......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Touring Band Style
    pdalowsky said:

touring band would be great with a track taken from every show they have done for LB......

now that's one hell of an idea! and then maybe do a montage again with some sweet new instrumental music.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Touring Band Style
    Touring Band style but also in a similar way as Imagine In Cornice
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Touring Band Style
    ldent42 said:

Each song from a different show - curated by the band.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2014
    Touring Band Style
    Suggestions for songs? Any great versions?

A few locks from LB to make it I assume:
    Mind Your Manners
    Sirens
    Lightning Bolt
    Pendulum

A few covers that could make it:
    Mother
    Rain
    Imagine

Show specific songs that come to mind:
    LBC - Cincy '14
    Sleight Of Hand - Charlottesville '13
    Habit - Baltimore '13 (what a blistering version!)

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Touring Band Style
    Touring Band 2014 on BluRay would be very fuckin cool.
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    Touring Band Style
    A highlights dvd - touring band style would be cool. Only problem is choosing what to include over what not to. Do you choose the greatest hits for general public consumption. Then have the 10C edition multi-disc with the one offs like Gone, Of The Earth etc..?

However! What would be cooler is official video boots of every show. I wouldn't have time for cable ever again.
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    One Complete Show
    Love the touring band DVD watching it a lot lately, but love havin a beer at the weekend and watching a full concert, Milton Keynes would be cool, or Denver with the no code experience. But whatever, it's a celebration at every show they play.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Touring Band Style

A highlights dvd - touring band style would be cool. Only problem is choosing what to include over what not to. Do you choose the greatest hits for general public consumption. Then have the 10C edition multi-disc with the one offs like Gone, Of The Earth etc..?

However! What would be cooler is official video boots of every show. I wouldn't have time for cable ever again.

With the new 3-3.5 hour live show format I am sure they could model it after a real setlist and sprinkle in a little of everything just like a real show

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    A hybrid with No Code and Yield from Moline/Milwaukee with other of the Lightning Bolt tracks and live staples thrown in
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I like this talk a lot !! This is a tough decision, but I am dying for either one. One thing that would be cool though, is maybe some more extra footage of the crew and stage setup, etc, just some behind the scene action of everything that's involved with getting a particular show ready to go.
  • Options
    Touring Band Style
    yellowwho said:

I like this talk a lot !! This is a tough decision, but I am dying for either one. One thing that would be cool though, is maybe some more extra footage of the crew and stage setup, etc, just some behind the scene action of everything that's involved with getting a particular show ready to go.

• Options
    Touring Band Style
    ldent42 said:

What what WHAT?!
    Which garden? 2003? I'll scream.

I can't remember if the DVD drive in my desktop works or not. Crap.

Hmmmm, if you haven't googled it yet, yup July 8th 2003. Cool vid with a "Matt Cam" feature and some special guests as well. There's an Easter egg, again Google is your friend, and some neat moments like when Ed gets real low and touches the stage 'cause the crowd is rockin so hard it's throwing off his balance.
    My favourite is Immagine in Cornice though, just sayin.
    Link
    youtube.com/watch?v=3K0Z9lFCBYo ;)
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited December 2014
    Touring Band Style
    my2hands wrote: »
    Suggestions for songs? Any great versions?<br />
    <br />
    A few locks from LB to make it I assume:<br />
    Mind Your Manners<br />
    Sirens<br />
    Lightning Bolt <br />
    Pendulum <br />
    <br />
    A few covers that could make it:<br />
    Mother<br />
    Rain<br />
    Imagine<br />
    <br />
    Show specific songs that come to mind:<br />
    LBC - Cincy '14<br />
    Sleight Of Hand - Charlottesville '13<br />
    Habit - Baltimore '13 (what a blistering version!)

Interesting question...and I agree with your "locks" from LB. I think they might add in a few others from that album - although I couldn't say with very much confidence which ones.

You would have to assume that they'd include some of the "war horses" from the first three albums: Alive, Porch, Black, Even Flow, Jeremy, RVM, Daughter, Small Town, Corduroy, and Better Man are all probably.

Given To Fly and Do The Evolution are also good candidates.

In terms of other earlier stuff, I think it'd be nice to have Release in there, as well as Nothingman and Immortality (some great performances of this one in 2013). In terms of rockers, Go was a fixture in 2014 and when I think of Go, I think of Animal. Not For You, Spin the Black, and Last Exit are all fine songs (as are Once and SOLAT) but I don't know if there'd be room for all of them. I think they should choose a performance of Indifference to close - just not the one from Buffalo.

What's left? Well, definitely song or two from No Code, of course. Present Tense or Who You Are would be cool (although I'm a bigger fan of In My Tree and Hail Hail). Lukin might make it.

To finish, they could maybe sprinkle a song from the each of the four 2000's albums (LB Capt from the 2014 NA tour is indeed a great choice) and maybe include a couple of covers - Chloe/Crown and Imagine jump out at me.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    Touring Band Style
    Hopefully the band agrees with the results of this poll
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Touring Band Style
    I will be happy with either
    ldent42 said:

each song from different cities (hopefully around the world)...

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Touring Band Style
    I would love a multiple disc World Touring Band...Disc 1 USA Disc 2 SA DISC 3 Europe Make them full shows Main Set, Encore 1, Encore 2 plus outtakes.
    Then Large Venue Full Shows - Wrigley

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Touring Band Style
    TB2K with a twist: since they were special to the band and the fans, a mash of the Wrigley shows (as some have previously suggested elsewhere because of the band members' clothing, lol).

While I'd also love the chance to point at the screen and say "I'm in the building for that one!", as many of us would, I think combining the (as yet completely unreleased) Wrigley shows would allow for it to feel like a single show, while letting the band choose their favourite performances.

Maybe with a Special Edition that includes CDs of each entire show (sorry vinylheads, but not sure LPs would be practical).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Touring Band Style
    And a Super Special Edition with some Mystery Merch, perhaps, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Touring Band Style

Touring Band style but also in a similar way as Imagine In Cornice

I like the way you think!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Touring Band Style
    Touring Band style for me, but I'd take whatever they give. I'd love to see a 2-3 disc set as mentioned by someone else, with lots of extras
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    i say touring band because it would a shame to only recognize Wrigley (which obviously with the no boots seems to be the direction) and not some of the other fantastic moments. i mean how can you not celebrate Fenway, Greenville, Philly, and the other great shows of this tour and settle only on Wrigley because Ed is a Cubs fan. Little bit of magic all over the tour. sprinkle some from all of it
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    One Complete Show
    I prefer the flow of a full show over a greatest hits montage.