I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Dabs...edibles..oils..that stuff should be for medicinal purposes only not available to the public...way too strong in my opinion...just sell the leaf and make some brownies or cookies the old school way.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Wma31394 said:

Dabs...edibles..oils..that stuff should be for medicinal purposes only not available to the public...way too strong in my opinion...just sell the leaf and make some brownies or cookies the old school way.

I'm opposed to prohibition, since it clearly has never worked. Edibles and concentrates exist regardless of legalization. I'd rather have oils available for purchase, than have people trying to make them at home and endangering themselves and others. It seemed like in my state a few years ago we were inundated with news stories of butane explosions and apartment fires from idiots making concentrates in their kitchens. Now that I can get it at the corner store, I don't hear those stories on the news with anywhere near the frequency.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

cutz said:

jeffbr said:

Hey. In the beginning we had some quarks. But really, they've got that all worked out. ( and yes we are the first state to have a RMJ related death) Colorado got that together really quickly, and now two years later we are seeing that money put to good use; fixing our streets, our waterways, and going back into monies towards tourism.

And yes it really is nice to just hit up the corner store!

You guys had a RMJ related death? How did that happen?
    Of course intoxication is the issue, not specifically RMJ. There have been a few deaths in CO that they've (mostly opponents) tried to associate with pot, but there were other factors. One idiot college kid got jumped from his hotel balcony and the coroner listed "marijuana intoxication" as a factor. One woman was shot by her husband who was hallucinating after eating edibles and taking prescription drugs. Another dude shot himself and his parents blamed it on edibles. Pot may have enabled these imbalanced people to do these things (and prescription drugs, other drugs and/or alcohol would likely have produced the same results), but certainly didn't cause it.

Is there a case in CO I haven't heard of where RMJ itself was specifically causal? I haven't heard of one.
    THC overdose. Usually from dabbing. ERs are seeing much more of this in Colorado.
    Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is dabbing?
    Dabs is a concentration that goes 10 steps beyond the proces of making Hash. ( which is just the THC Chrystal's, called Tricombs,crushed into a thick substance). Dabs are the crushed Tricombs,rolled and heated to create a thick oily substance( that is nearly pure THC.)

Dabbing is smoking that stuff through a vaporizer pen, or on top of your pot.

I think I smoked some of that on New Years Eve 2001. shit was crazy.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    lolobugg said:

cutz said:

jeffbr said:

Hey. In the beginning we had some quarks. But really, they've got that all worked out. ( and yes we are the first state to have a RMJ related death) Colorado got that together really quickly, and now two years later we are seeing that money put to good use; fixing our streets, our waterways, and going back into monies towards tourism.

Of course intoxication is the issue, not specifically RMJ. There have been a few deaths in CO that they've (mostly opponents) tried to associate with pot, but there were other factors. One idiot college kid got jumped from his hotel balcony and the coroner listed "marijuana intoxication" as a factor. One woman was shot by her husband who was hallucinating after eating edibles and taking prescription drugs. Another dude shot himself and his parents blamed it on edibles. Pot may have enabled these imbalanced people to do these things (and prescription drugs, other drugs and/or alcohol would likely have produced the same results), but certainly didn't cause it.

Is there a case in CO I haven't heard of where RMJ itself was specifically causal? I haven't heard of one.
    THC overdose. Usually from dabbing. ERs are seeing much more of this in Colorado.
    Dabs is a concentration that goes 10 steps beyond the proces of making Hash. ( which is just the THC Chrystal's, called Tricombs,crushed into a thick substance). Dabs are the crushed Tricombs,rolled and heated to create a thick oily substance( that is nearly pure THC.)

Once. I did some Dabs ONCE! Never again!! I'll just smoke buds, thank you!!
    Cause yeah.. super crazy.. and I was rather THC tolerant then too!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Horos said:

So awesome being able to just hit the corner store.

It really is. I don't think I'll get over how great it is to be able to do that instead of meeting up with some drug dealer.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    That's a beautiful sight. Can't smoke today because I'll be driving later but just seeing that makes me feel better knowing relief is only 6 hours away.

lolobugg said:

cutz said:

jeffbr said:

Once. I did some Dabs ONCE! Never again!! I'll just smoke buds, thank you!!
    Cause yeah.. super crazy.. and I was rather THC tolerant then too!
    I took one hit when a dispensary was doing that for free (ironically for Mother's Day). Just one hit and I could barely walk out to the car. No, I wasn't driving...I never ever smoke and drive. But that stuff was crazy strong!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

cutz said:

jeffbr said:

Thanks for that info. Sounds like that some powerful shit.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited October 2016
    My place did the same at some point, RS. I couldn't stop coughing.

The wax sample I got at my place is very strong as well; have used it just as a topper, but damn - when my back is screaming as it's been lately, that and Indica (whether oil or bud) sure do make a difference. The CBD too.

Get with the program, California! Hope 11/8 brings at least that bit of good.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    I have only use vaporizer once in Amsterdam..that shit is crazy..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Same here, Hedo. Hope the bill in AZ passes.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

In I think it was around 1964 my the family was on the road and Pop saw a guy weaving all over the road and said, "That guy's stoned!" Funny guy... stoners don't weave, drunks do!

high people just drive REALLY slowly (if at all), squinted eyes barely above the steering wheel. smile as big as the wheel itself.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

brianlux said:

In I think it was around 1964 my the family was on the road and Pop saw a guy weaving all over the road and said, "That guy's stoned!" Funny guy... stoners don't weave, drunks do!

high people just drive REALLY slowly (if at all), squinted eyes barely above the steering wheel. smile as big as the wheel itself.
    Reminds me of this one time I left the bar with this girl to go on a smoke ride. I had to buy a single can of beer to go bc we didn't have a bowl or anything. So anyway after she gets me super stoned, she tells me I can't come over to her place bc her boyfriend is there (first I'd heard of any boyfriend all night) so I'm left to drive the 20 miles home with a perma-smile so wide I felt like I looked like the girl in the Black Hole Sun video. I set the cruise to 2 under the speed limit, felt like the longest damn ride home ever!!

brianlux said:

Reminds me of this one time I left the bar with this girl to go on a smoke ride. I had to buy a single can of beer to go bc we didn't have a bowl or anything. So anyway after she gets me super stoned, she tells me I can't come over to her place bc her boyfriend is there (first I'd heard of any boyfriend all night) so I'm left to drive the 20 miles home with a perma-smile so wide I felt like I looked like the girl in the Black Hole Sun video. I set the cruise to 2 under the speed limit, felt like the longest damn ride home ever!!
    "felt like I looked like the girl in the Black Hole Sun video"

:rofl:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

My place did the same at some point, RS. I couldn't stop coughing.

The wax sample I got at my place is very strong as well; have used it just as a topper, but damn - when my back is screaming as it's been lately, that and Indica (whether oil or bud) sure do make a difference. The CBD too.

Get with the program, California! Hope 11/8 brings at least that bit of good.

Yeah, the dabs make me cough too, feels like a toddler sitting on my chest.
    I used to go dabba dabba doo, but now I am a lightweight.

If people want to be idiots, they will. Deny them dabs and strong edibles and they will just chug a 12 pack of Busch Light or a bottle of Madd Dog or cheap ass Kamchatka vodka. Is that really any better? Hell no!
    Amusing story:
    When we were in highschool my wife literally thought Kamchatka was called Kaminatcha vodka because that's what I called it and it's close enough that when she only gave the bottle a cursory glance it looked close enough to pass.
    She thought it was the best name ever and would always say it nice and loud, "I want some of that comin' at cha vodka!" lol
    This lasted for basically the entire summer between her junior and senior year, and we must have been in our cups 6 or 7 times with her shouting "comin' at cha!"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Comin' atcha! :lol:
    Tried some Blu-Bonjc today.. nice.. I really like it.
    High on weed, high on life, high on love.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2016
    cutz said:

cutz said:

jeffbr said:

Thanks for that info. Sounds like that some powerful shit.
    It can be. I did a dab once that got me more fucked up than I had ever been in my life for about two hours. And I used to drop acid in high school, lol. It was awful. I lost all the feeling in my face and couldn't tell if I was even talking or not. It really freaked me out (didn't help that I was in public). I have done dabs that were fine too though, and i do regularly buy budder from my dospensary with no probs. It just depends on how it's made I guess. Beware of dabs from strangers, it the moral of this story, lol. It seemed safe enough, as it was at a dispensary booth at a weed market, but no... that shit took me out with just one puff, lol, and I am hard to take out. Weird thing is that my friend did one too with the same stuff. He was fine.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Just say no folks.

Just say no folks.

But I like folks.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    If I didn't have folks I wouldn't be here
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    ^^^ haha, good ones, Hedo, oftenreading!

Love my folks, miss my mom.

Involuntary just say "no" day here. I wish I could say "Just say no sore throat" today. :frowning:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

B, I believe THC lozenges are available. I know chewing gum is. But, depends on what is available where you are.

(love my folks too, miss my dad big time...mom continues to push her limits while she's still around =) )
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    hedonist said:

B, I believe THC lozenges are available. I know chewing gum is. But, depends on what is available where you are.

(love my folks too, miss my dad big time...mom continues to push her limits while she's still around =) )

Lozenge sounds good as long as not too potent!

Best wishes for you mom. Keep on truckin'!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

my fucking nug jar is empty, and my dude ain't returning my texts. fack.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I eagerly look forward to the day when we all look back and laugh at the very concept of having a "dude".
    Some of us will laugh as we peruse the flowers and concentrates at a naturally perfumed market of wonders, some of us will laugh as we water and sing pretty songs to the lovely horticultural delights we tend with care, but we will all be laughing at the times when you had to have a dude.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited November 2016

So annoying...lol

Scrape the keef off the bottom of your jar for a straight keef blaster!!!
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    rgambs said:

I eagerly look forward to the day when we all look back and laugh at the very concept of having a "dude".
    Some of us will laugh as we peruse the flowers and concentrates at a naturally perfumed market of wonders, some of us will laugh as we water and sing pretty songs to the lovely horticultural delights we tend with care, but we will all be laughing at the times when you had to have a dude.
    I was just thinking this too! Lol
    edited November 2016

Perhaps HIS nug jar is empty also??
    Post edited by whispering hands on