Options

Seattle Seeds of Compassion w/ Dalai Lama--PJ?

mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Sorry if posted already...looked and could not find...I'm not one to start rumors, but this article in thursday's P-I, got me thinking...especially the way Ed likes to pull off surprises in this City. Regarding Dave Matthew/Tim Reynolds concert with the Dalai Lama @ Key Arena:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/358564_nightlife11.html

In a statement issued before the interview, Matthews said, "This is a great opportunity for people to come together and join in the spirit of camaraderie and compassion. A little grace goes a long way.

"As a parent, I want my son and daughters to grow up in a world more compassionate than the one we live in now."

Opening for Matthews and Reynolds is a surprise band. Think big. And local. It's going to make the $75 ticket price a superbargain.

The rare, in-city performance is Matthews first since his 2002 concert at Benaroya Hall, where he performed "The Space Between," "Ants Marching," "Tripping Billies," "Dancing Nancies" and "Where Are You Going?" He dedicated the song to "peaceful solutions." The show was a benefit for the Bullitt Foundation's many environmental causes.

Matthews, who will play his annual summer shows with the Dave Matthews Band on Aug. 29-31 at The Gorge Amphitheatre, performed last weekend with Reynolds in support of Barack Obama at Indiana University. Sunday's concert was titled "Change Rocks."

Matthews' performance with Reynolds at KeyArena may be similar to the Indiana show.
I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    I doubt Eddie is going to play 4 shows in a row.... but I hope so, I have tix!
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    I knew I couldnt go due to a work committment..sorry to miss the show.. Have a great time! 4 hrs of concert!! Not sure that Ed would do 4 in a row either, but ya never know with this band! hahaha
    Here is a little more info from the friday Seattle times...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004341048_webdavematthews11.html

Matthews, the Seattleite whose Dave Matthews Band has sold millions of records over the past 15 years, will sit down with His Holiness the Dalai Lama in what's being billed as a "concert and conversation," starting today at 4:30 p.m.; the benefit concert is one of the major events of the Seeds of Compassion conference today through Tuesday.

Even Matthews, 41, isn't sure how today's benefit — scheduled as about an hour of conversation and four hours of concert — will unfold. When the Wallingford resident sat down for a 30-minute phone Q&A on Thursday, he spoke frankly about how he tries to meet the spiritual teacher's standard. And how he ended up headlining the Concert for Compassion.
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    it looks like the suprise band is going to be Death Cab..... not PJ, but still a great show!