Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    jdopj said:

jdopj said:

I really dont want them to tour again until they have new music. Redesign their stage and sets, maybe go back to having an opener.

Assuming you weren't trying your hand at sarcasm, I have to respectfully and whole-heartedly disagree with the above. They don't ever need an opener again.
    No. Not sarcasm. I love an evening with as much as anyone, but I think on a night to night basis they dont have the energy to do 35 songs. The LB tour has been going on for 3 years. A change is needed. No more swinging balls.
    Yeah this is true, it's dull now but if I had a choice of seeing them with this stage setup or them not playing because of a redesign I'd go for the former.
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    A Dutch site is reporting that the organizer told them that PJ (and Radiohead and Foo Fighters) will not be playing Pinkop (early June) in 2017. "Offers were made but have been declined by the bands. There is increasing competion from US and other European festivals."
    Source: http://www.1limburg.nl/pinkpop-2017-geen-pearl-jam-foo-fighters-radiohead
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    Roeland said:

A Dutch site is reporting that the organizer told them that PJ (and Radiohead and Foo Fighters) will not be playing Pinkop (early June) in 2017. "Offers were made but have been declined by the bands. There is increasing competion from US and other European festivals."
    Source: http://www.1limburg.nl/pinkpop-2017-geen-pearl-jam-foo-fighters-radiohead

In addition, it looks looks there was some news in the last few days from Rock Werchter in Belgium saying PJ would be there in June.

Pink Pop seems like an easy pass for PJ since they seem to have preferred doing two shows in Amsterdam.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Awesome to see all the love for Detroit shows! 2014 was amazing, and a repeat (or 2 or 3) would send the Joe out right. Let's go!
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698

jdopj said:

I really dont want them to tour again until they have new music. Redesign their stage and sets, maybe go back to having an opener.

Assuming you weren't trying your hand at sarcasm, I have to respectfully and whole-heartedly disagree with the above. They don't ever need an opener again.
    absolutely right, an opener is of no interest whatsoever to me.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    edited October 2016
    jdopj said:

jdopj said:

No. Not sarcasm. I love an evening with as much as anyone, but I think on a night to night basis they dont have the energy to do 35 songs. The LB tour has been going on for 3 years. A change is needed. No more swinging balls.
    I can honestly say I dont think i have ever seen them struggle for energy. Not once. They end the nights on a high, and pretty much play for the entire 3-3.5 hrs with their hearts on their sleeves.

If anyone is going to watch the shows for the stage setting then I think something is strangely amiss. I couldnt give a flying fuck if they have swinging balls on the stage.
  • Options
    as long as they have an open pit in ga up front where some fans wait 28+hours to be on the rail then i don't think it's fair of the band to ask/demand those fans to have to endure a bad opening band...
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    pdalowsky said:

jdopj said:

jdopj said:

I can honestly say I dont think i have ever seen them struggle for energy. Not once. They end the nights on a high, and pretty much play for the entire 3-3.5 hrs with their hearts on their sleeves.

If anyone is going to watch the shows for the stage setting then I think something is strangely amiss. I couldnt give a flying fuck if they have swinging balls on the stage.
    Totally agree, Paul.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Complete speculation, but I could see something in Cleveland next year with the Rock Hall stuff. I know the ceremony isn't there, but I still think they might play the Q. They're due and CLE has had quite a year.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Hoping for a run similar to 2010. They did a 13 show U.S. run in May prior to heading over to EU in July.
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    I think they are taking a year off so Soundgarden can have Matt back, since they have been working on an album.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Mercury said:

Complete speculation, but I could see something in Cleveland next year with the Rock Hall stuff. I know the ceremony isn't there, but I still think they might play the Q. They're due and CLE has had quite a year.

Mercury said:

Yes.
    Please play Cleveland. It's been way too long since the last show there!

A warm up show in Toledo would fit nicely with that also! :wink:
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    For Detroit, sending the Joe off to the scrap pile with multiple Pearl Jam shows would be a great send off & final farewell.

We know it won't be closed out with a Stanley Cup. :smiley:
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    jason_94 said:

For Detroit, sending the Joe off to the scrap pile with multiple Pearl Jam shows would be a great send off & final farewell.

We know it won't be closed out with a Stanley Cup. :smiley:

it's called Hockeytown for a reason......
  • Options
    gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    There's a better chance of Eddie playing goalie than the Wings winning!
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    shouldn't someone with history in Detroit close the stadium? jack white? bob seeger? fuck, even Eminem?

I loved the fact that PJ closed the spectrum in 2009 because its my favorite band and I went to all 4 shows... but honestly they had only played there 1 time before and probably should not have closed the building.... Bruce Springsteen should have probably closed it... but anyway
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    pdalowsky said:

jdopj said:

jdopj said:

I personally think Eds voice suffers from the longer shows.

I was being a smart ass about the swinging balls, but my point was, end of 1st set or 2nd set its Porch. Than its Alive, Black, Rockin, YL.
    Its just time for a bit of a change. It will force them to look at some things. If an opening band makes them do it, so be it.

I could give a fuck about the people who wait days for the rail. Pandering to them is a fucking waste.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Remember in 2014, Eddie said that they would love to come back to Detroit one more time to close out JLA. Also, Ken Kal (radio broadcaster for the Red Wings) has said over the air that the possible last event at JLA is PJ.

Hopefully a run of shows through Texas happens, make it happen PJ. All shows 'Evening With'.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    EV says at everyshow he'd love to come back, Jeff does the tour anyway.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I believe the wings have the most banners, do not underestimate. :smiley:

If they came back to MI so soon!! Ahhhhhh! Yes! !!!

I got SKUNKED out of 2 TOR ill take a string of Joe dates!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    when is PJ30? 2021?

my bet is that goes down Labor Day Weekend @ Soldier Field...

30 posters will be made :)
  • Options
    my2hands said:

when is PJ30? 2021?

More posters made than songs played?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    my2hands said:

when is PJ30? 2021?

Only 30?

• Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:

when is PJ30? 2021?

Only 30?

The sad part is I'd probably buy them all.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Do they have an official close date for the Joe in Detroit? Wasn't sure if it was scheduled for demo already
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

April 9th 2017 is the last hockey game at the Joe.....

There will be playoff games after the above date....
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

Oh, does another team share the Joe with the Wings? :)
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

They should play NYC the day after the rock and roll hall of fame ceremony!!!

Gonna have to give this a big old :clap:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ckravitz said:

They should play NYC the day after the rock and roll hall of fame ceremony!!!

Gonna have to give this a big old :clap:
    I would head up, hopefully for both!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Sarava said:

Oh, does another team share the Joe with the Wings? :)
    Oooo! Those are some fightin words! We ALWAYS make the playoffs - have for 20+ years :smiley: dont be hatin
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.