Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Lizardking wrote:
    Or we could all try and be a prick like you, The more peo-ple that see his picture, the more it helps. I will promise you if you want, when you end up dead in a ditch, we won't post anything...because alot of pricks end up in a ditch.

I'm a prick because I care about more than just one missing person?

I'm sorry that I care about more people than just Pearl Jam fans.

And I'm sure every missing person has something distinctive about them.

But I guess since it's not related to Pearl Jam, then we shouldn't take notice, right?

Great ideals there people.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Yeah, let's NOT post this about a guy who potentially one, if not several members of this board may have met, and may offer a lead. Let's NOT post it, so that if they do, someone can alert the authorities with at least some sort of a lead.

Sure, we might know someone else who is missing, but there's a much greater probability that someone here might know something about this guy!

Jesus Christ (on this Good Friday) man, what is your deal? :rolleyes:

I hope this guy comes home safe and sound. Although they probably won't see this, I send my best wishes to the family.

There are probably millions of Pearl Jam fans around the World. Maybe 97-98% of them do NOT post here.

If someone here has truly met this guy before, I will be VERY surprised.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• I realize what you are saying. It seems that when people go missing if they don't fit a certain profile than they don't get the same press as other missing people that may fit that profile. It sucks, it really does. I just don't know if this is the place to address that.

Well I'm glad someone has a reasonable response without resorting to name calling or immature rants about ending up dead in a ditch.

Like I said before, unless people are too ignorant to pay attention.

1. Sucks that he ran away.

2. Hope he comes to his senses.

BUT...I hate seeing something like this when there are hundreds of cases like this everyday, but just because we don't know if they are some huge Pearl Jam fan we don't give them any attention.

And I say this during any high profile missing-persons case. What makes that case so different when I know that there are other cases just like that going on at the same time. Why should just one family get that kind of help...support...whatever while the other families hardly get any looks?
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i hope to god that he is okay....his poor father, that interview is terrible. hope you are safe.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • YieldDocYieldDoc Posts: 12
    1. While I do think that most missing persons cases don't get the press they deserve, I don't think this is the thread to debate it in.

2. Any awareness that can be raised during an investigation like this, however unlikely to help solve the case, is good.

3. This is a PJ message board and this guy is a PJ fan, so it is logical to talk about it here.
  • SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    There are probably millions of Pearl Jam fans around the World. Maybe 97-98% of them do NOT post here.

If someone here has truly met this guy before, I will be VERY surprised.

jeez, way to be part of a community.

why would you be suprised? remember when people on this board brought down a con artist because he was pretending to be mike mccready, and when the guy went to the bank trying to cash a stolen check, the teller called his friend, a pearl jam fan, who happened to read the sticky on the board.

and if your percentage is right, that 2%-3% may offer hope to a family in need right now.

as a human being, it is hard for me to sit back and not try to help.

but to be totally counterproductive and defeated? why would you waste everyone's time? why would you turn a plea for help into an arguement?
  • I'm praying for Brian and his family. I hope he is found or comes home soon safely. Brian if your out there your loved and missed by many people who want you to come home.

Please spread the word on this around. A few years ago my brother went missing. He was a young college age guy as well. He is mentally ill and thanks to some caring people who noticed him in a crowd of people he was found and brought home to us. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I know Brians family and friends would appreciate anything we can do.
  • spappyspappy Posts: 21
    People go missing everyday. Some of those people probably like Pearl Jam. Let's make sticky about them too.
    Feel better? If not, maybe you do something positive for them. Saying that doesnt help anything. That fact that hes a PJ fan has relevance here.
    I got id
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    wishing for Brian's safe return back to his family and loved ones...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Photo Released Of Tattoo On Missing Medical Student.....here's an article link:

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/8699216/detail.html
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Hope the guy is found safe and well. Have there been any new news or leads?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I hope he is found alive and safe... :(

I'm terribly sorry and I hope it is sooner than later.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    I hope he's ok...
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Thoughts and prayers from Youngstown, Ohio.

Hey cynical people - back off. God forbid Ten Club makes it a sticky to try to help in whatever small way it or it's fans can.

Quit criticizing a good gesture and effort.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Thanks for making this a sticky, Kat! I think any awareness is positive. I hope he comes home safe. Peace...
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • I hope Brian comes home safe and sound- not only because he is a pj fan but mainly because he is a fellow human being.
    If you know him or have seen him contact Columbus Ohio Authorities a.s.a.p
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    my thoughts and prayers are with his family and girlfriend... it's times like these that bring people together the most and our PJ community will help where they can.. I know it. Be strong and come home Brian !
    It's hard when you lose a parent.. I lost both and there were times when I just wanted to walk away from it all and never come back. Maybe he just needs to clear his head.. hopefully that is what has happened.
    geeez.. this is so sad. :( come home Brian.

if he is still missing when the tour starts maybe we should all wear shirts or have posters with his face on it. Forbid that never happens.. but if it does it might help and show we all care.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    My best wishes and prayers to the young man's family and girlfriend.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    any word/update on the situation?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• any word/update on the situation?
    Yeah, thats what I was thinking also..
    Rapid City 98
  • crittablescrittables Posts: 342
    there haven't been any updates lately in the case. when there are they'll be here:
    http://www.nbc4i.com/index.html

it's scary cause i was at that same bar that night. i just hope this ends up happy. this stuff happens way too often. happened to a girl at OSU last year.
  • I saw that a hardcore fan was missing somewhere. Did they find him?
  • Not Yet. I've been checking his myspace page to see any news. It's kind of sad, I think. Hopefully he'll turn up soon. I heard that he was spotted 4 days after he disappeared at a convenience store, but nothing since...
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • It's Columbus, he's an Ohio State med student. Flyers are posted everywhere here with his face and a photo of the stickman (which he has a tattoo of).

Check the Sticky's.
    "I can't have a bodyguard, I'm a man of the people."
    "Rock on, Kennedy."
  • AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    myspace link?
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    wait...what? can someone tell me whats going on please?
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    BUT...I hate seeing something like this when there are hundreds of cases like this everyday, but just because we don't know if they are some huge Pearl Jam fan we don't give them any attention.

And I say this during any high profile missing-persons case. What makes that case so different when I know that there are other cases just like that going on at the same time. Why should just one family get that kind of help...support...whatever while the other families hardly get any looks?

this guys family is reading this for gods sake... stop being so insensitive...

the reason it has a resonance on here is because he is a fan of the band... therefore people have an emotional affinity straight off. The reason its being posted on here is that we all know now the guy has a tattoo, we know his name, his picture, his hometown, etc, etc, this is giving thousands of regular posters on here the chance to maybe spot this guy and help him out..

If you want to post about missing persons then please do so... its a good idea but its no reason to act so churlish about the posting of a thread about a missing person. Information is what's needed and so if more people can read about it on here thats surely only a good thing.

If you dont agree then stay out of the thread and hopefully this guy along with the hundreds of others who go missing every day can be located
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    Thanks for making this a sticky, we have a wonderful community of caring fans. Hopefully he will be found safe and sound. I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers, along with his family and friends. Keep your spirits up, take good care of yourself, as you will need your strength during this time. We'll come together and do what ever we can to help, don't hesitate to ask if you need any assitance, that's what us PJ fans do for one another!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    abhi101cru wrote:
    wait...what? can someone tell me whats going on please?
    Check the Sticky's.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Kat wrote:
    Do you know him or have any information to pass on?

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/8699216/detail.html

thanks for caring Kat - I hope this guy is ok.