The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

I'd send Faile a note - you never know what might happen ;)

Can't hurt to try. But it wasn't the artist fault. Just imagine how many posters have some sort of printing defect sold at the shows from the local printers, the artist wouldn't be able to handle all of them if they were to help out. If you bought a AP from them, and received it like that, then I'd see them working with you.
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Just a general question, does anyone know why PJ doesn't have their posters numbered like other bands posters?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    mschostok said:

Just a general question, does anyone know why PJ doesn't have their posters numbered like other bands posters?

?
    The Artists that sell their own A/P versions sell numbered/signed versions.
    10C sells standard prints, which are never signed or numbered.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

mschostok said:

?
    I think what he was trying to ask, is that some of the same artist that do PJ posters do other bands as well. They'll sell numbered prints/posters at the shows. Then they'll sell their own AP's that are signed and numbered as well. IMO, I think they don't number the PJ ones, because they're a lot more of them sold at shows, then the other bands. Also it seems the PJ posters are printed locally to the show, as some of the other bands are not. For one example, look at the Sperry's 2016 Black Sabbath MSG show posters, they were all signed and numbered of a run of 1,000. Then Sperry sold his own AP run of 100.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    edited September 2016
    The Mark5 Fenway AP finally sold out.
    Ken Taylor still available.
    Cliver is still there also.
    Post edited by ski-bum on
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    EM194007 said:

mschostok said:

?
    I think what he was trying to ask, is that some of the same artist that do PJ posters do other bands as well. They'll sell numbered prints/posters at the shows. Then they'll sell their own AP's that are signed and numbered as well. IMO, I think they don't number the PJ ones, because they're a lot more of them sold at shows, then the other bands. Also it seems the PJ posters are printed locally to the show, as some of the other bands are not. For one example, look at the Sperry's 2016 Black Sabbath MSG show posters, they were all signed and numbered of a run of 1,000. Then Sperry sold his own AP run of 100.
    Got it, thanks for the clarification.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    ski-bum said:

The Mark5 Fenway AP finally sold out.
    Ken Taylor still available.
    Cliver is still there also.

Cool. There's 14 left on Cliver's print. Not sure how many left on Taylor's print. Shocking that one is still up, being that you can buy 3 copies instead of the 1 per household / mailing addy limit.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited September 2016

OnWis97 said:

You guys are ripping on Shuss for using a generic image from a pack of baseball cards...

When his last poster, which almost eveyone considers a holy grail of PJ posters, he ripped off an ENTIRE CRACKER JACK BOX! :dizzy:

I like the Fenway print. It's classic, old-timey baseball. His "batting .500" comment makes it even more hilarious. I think some of ya are taking it a little too seriously.

He spoofed the Cracker Jack box. He flat out lifted the ball player, flipped him, and plopped him on a poster that has no other artistic creativity. I am not up on copyright law, but maybe the age of the Topps image makes it public domain.

The Cracker Jack box is somewhat clever; the Topps package ballplayer on top of some stripes is lazy.
    Yet Transformers and Donkey Kong and Cracker Jack boxes are holy grails.
    Ames Bros have lifted images for several of their prints throughout the years.
    Using pop culture imagery is different from an exact replica of a unique image. You could certainly argue how much each of the examples you mentioned has been changed from original artwork. The Fenway Shuss print struck me because it is literally just a reversed version of that Topps pack art.

I'll add that noticing that also makes me feel less good about the Wrigley piece. Especially when you consider the volume of completely original designs that many of our other favorite artists create.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
    Mark5 Fenway variant has been shipped.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    ski-bum said:

Nice, shipping label created. Means it will be picked up tomorrow (later today) and on it's way, should see it Thursday or Friday.
  • jkgrovesjkgroves Indiana Posts: 142

Thank you for the advice. I think a resolution is in place!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    jkgroves said:

jkgroves said:

Great - pm the outcome ;)
    EM194007 said:

ski-bum said:

Nice, shipping label created. Means it will be picked up tomorrow (later today) and on it's way, should see it Thursday or Friday.
    Mine won't be here till NEXT Thursday or Friday.
    Look what I just got.

Number 11/100

Small pencil signature
    demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

ski-bum said:

Sucks it takes a extra week to get to you in Canada. Don't get why it has to take so much longer.
    Nice ski-bum, congrats. Glad to see Steve sign and # them in the green instead of the white boarder, will make it easier on framing. I still like the original version better, but to each is their own. Like me liking the Fenway Mark5 variant over the regular, it's a matter of personal preference.
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

ski-bum said:

Sucks it takes a extra week to get to you in Canada. Don't get why it has to take so much longer.
    Canada Border Services Agency Mail Centre in Montreal. They take FOREVER to process international packages.

Though at least I get to track the packages from USPS from the USA. For 10club items, I WISH to learn which locations the items are shipped to & why it takes such a long time to get up here. Would love a tracking # from the 10club & track my goodies.
    EM194007 said:

Nice ski-bum, congrats. Glad to see Steve sign and # them in the green instead of the white boarder, will make it easier on framing. I still like the original version better, but to each is their own. Like me liking the Fenway Mark5 variant over the regular, it's a matter of personal preference.

I actually framed the regular version.
    Just going to store this one away for now.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Anybody need a Clive... I have an extra. PM me.
    @Fighting 4 Dreams

To everyone who ordered a Mark5 Pearl Jam Fenway Park print - thank you for your patience!

We're in the process of getting all 400 posters out the door. Some will go out today, some tomorrow and the rest by the end of the week. Check your PayPal accounts for tracking info since we're continuously creating labels and packaging them up. Thanks!

• jkgrovesjkgroves Indiana Posts: 142
    jkgroves said:

Wow! Replacement is in route! Fantastic customer service!!
    ski-bum said:

EM194007 said:

I actually framed the regular version.
    Just going to store this one away for now.
    The regular one came out looking great. Keep that variant stored correct now. IMO, the Thomas will be the 2016 poster to have down the road.
    demetrios said:

Canada Border Services Agency Mail Centre in Montreal. They take FOREVER to process international packages.

Though at least I get to track the packages from USPS from the USA. For 10club items, I WISH to learn which locations the items are shipped to & why it takes such a long time to get up here. Would love a tracking # from the 10club & track my goodies.

Were on the same continent, go figure. Dumb laws is all it is.
    demetrios said:

@Fighting 4 Dreams

To everyone who ordered a Mark5 Pearl Jam Fenway Park print - thank you for your patience!

We're in the process of getting all 400 posters out the door. Some will go out today, some tomorrow and the rest by the end of the week. Check your PayPal accounts for tracking info since we're continuously creating labels and packaging them up. Thanks!

The one I ordered was picked up at 3:36 PM, with a expected delivery on Thursday, September 8, 2016. :rock_on:
    jkgroves said:

jkgroves said:

Wow! Replacement is in route! Fantastic customer service!!
    Nice congrats. Did Faile take care of the issue for you?
  • tjk895tjk895 Posts: 234
    Anyone else get their Thomas Variant completely mauled? This is the second time he's sent me a damaged poster!
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • ski-bum said:

Look what I just got.

Number 11/100

Small pencil signature

Did you get a shipping notice before it arrived?
    tjk895 said:

Anyone else get their Thomas Variant completely mauled? This is the second time he's sent me a damaged poster!

Again? How bad was it this time?