Options

25 years ago today

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
my life change for ever..thank you for TEN..
thank you Pearl Jam
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,870
    An absolute classic. Firing up philly 2 and the studio versions today.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    A friend of mine had seen them on the Chili Peppers tour, he was raving about this new band. I got Ten the week it came out... Wow, what an amazing first album.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

my life change for ever..thank you for TEN..
    thank you Pearl Jam

So much yes.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Playing ten really really loud right now. I haven't listened to the studio version in a long time, what the hell was I thinking?! It sounds fucking fantastic!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    https://postimg.org/image/6js0v0il3/6fb0c857/#.V8GWbihPQQU.mailto

My first copy of TEN. I was an intern at Epic Records in 91 and my first job was to send the 3 song cassette to the Mother Love Bone fan club

A special album by a special band
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

My first copy of TEN. I was an intern at Epic Records in 91 and my first job was to send the 3 song cassette to the Mother Love Bone fan club

Whoa! You still have it?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

Yes I do. That link is a pix of it
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

Holy shit!! That s awesome!!! Who s handwriting is on it?
  • Options
    A label guy. not a band member unfortunately. Still have the cassette too but plenty of people have that.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

A label guy. not a band member unfortunately. Still have the cassette too but plenty of people have that.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

Sorry man. Actually this is what that is. Not a label guy:

notes:

REEENK ROINK (Taken from “Reeeink Roink – It’s OK to Mess Up“, 2005) – Because of the “Alive” single’s liner notes, fans have long guessed that “Reeenk Roink” was a potential band name, but now we can say for sure that that’s not true. PJ fan Scott Logsden let us know that he recently lucked out and got his Reeenk Roink signed by Jeff Ament. Scott’s sleeve already contained the standard “Pearl Jam — TEN — REEENK ROINK” writing, but in addition to an autograph, Jeff added an asterisk next to “Reeenk Roink” and wrote “it’s ok to mess up.” When asked, Ament explained that back when PJ were recording Ten, when someone messed up, everyone else in the band would look at the person and make a funny face and say “reeenk roink!” It’s hard to explain in print, but what Jeff means is that “reeenk roink” is a sound spelled out, an onomatopoeia: like the sound on a game show when someone gets something wrong, or the two-tone error noise your computer might make. When they got the test discs from the record company, which lacked the name of their album and didn’t even have the band’s name printed on them, Jeff and Ed decided to write that phrase on there for when they gave them to people.

Got that from the twofeethick site. So it actually might be their writing.

Long time ago. Forget things :)

Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

REEENK ROINK (Taken from “Reeeink Roink – It’s OK to Mess Up“, 2005) – Because of the “Alive” single’s liner notes, fans have long guessed that “Reeenk Roink” was a potential band name, but now we can say for sure that that’s not true. PJ fan Scott Logsden let us know that he recently lucked out and got his Reeenk Roink signed by Jeff Ament. Scott’s sleeve already contained the standard “Pearl Jam — TEN — REEENK ROINK” writing, but in addition to an autograph, Jeff added an asterisk next to “Reeenk Roink” and wrote “it’s ok to mess up.” When asked, Ament explained that back when PJ were recording Ten, when someone messed up, everyone else in the band would look at the person and make a funny face and say “reeenk roink!” It’s hard to explain in print, but what Jeff means is that “reeenk roink” is a sound spelled out, an onomatopoeia: like the sound on a game show when someone gets something wrong, or the two-tone error noise your computer might make. When they got the test discs from the record company, which lacked the name of their album and didn’t even have the band’s name printed on them, Jeff and Ed decided to write that phrase on there for when they gave them to people.

Got that from the twofeethick site

Yeah that s what I meant!! So I wonder if it s Jeff or Ed a handwriting.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    JP218404 said:

That's awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

I guess it could be but would be hard to prove. I have one thing signed by the band to compare to. Or one of the mod shows someone the picture
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

I guess it could be but would be hard to prove. I have one thing signed by the band to compare to. Or one of the mod shows someone the picture
    JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

post that picture in lost dogs...you'll be surprised how quick you get an answer!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

post that picture in lost dogs...you'll be surprised how quick you get an answer!
    Ha! And offers! I never ripped it yet (which I now need to do) so I don't even remember if it is just the record or more
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

Ha! And offers!
    very very true! lol
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    10/22 and 8/27

I feel we should petition these dates to be national holidays.
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    DM282158 said:

10/22 and 8/27

best comment ever!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527

DM282158 said:

10/22 and 8/27

best comment ever!!
    Lol. Cheers man
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JP218404 said:

Whoa! You still have it?

notes:

Ha! And offers!
    very very true! lol
    Thanks for the idea. It's real

https://postimg.org/image/rd8rpb4y7/

https://postimg.org/image/5pmvvdhq1/
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more