Thank yous, the day after a LBC kinda day...

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Wow, what an incredible story. It amazes me what people will do sometimes. LBC set sail my friend
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Ray J. T. said:

I know that this has been a struggle for the family, deciding wether taking Joshua to the show was going to be manageable and comfortable for him. I was always hoping that they would decide to take Joshua to the show because of the joy that it will bring not just to Joshua but the whole family as they watch him enjoy the band we all love, and just losing himself in the moment when everything in life just seems perfect to us. I had also hoped they would decide to make the trip so that each one of us (at least I know I do) would maybe have the opportunity to stop, meet the family and just show them the support they have from each and every one of us. Joshua has a lot of fans rooting for him, and we would all love to see him have another moment to enjoy the one thing that is absolutely meaningful and therapeutic to him. See you guys in Wrigley. Cheers.

Hi :)

I know the Swansons would love to meet you and others at Wrigley. What the support and acceptance this forum has given to Josh and Christina as parents of a disabled child is immeasurable.

How the day is going to work out at this point is a little unclear. They have a 4yo, Maddy, who needs a sitter and that might mean not being able to get in too early. Then there's Joshua to consider. To hang out he'd need a place not so crowded and also he's a 10yo so quite big and wherever they go finding accessible bathrooms big enough to change Joshie is a challenge. And fries! Joshie is a big fan of french fries.

When we're clearer, which may be much closer to the day, we'll let you know.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    What a great story. I was at the Philly show and so happy to see Joshua having a blast up on the big screen. Hopefully this show is even better than Philly for him!
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    IamTom said:

Ray J. T. said:

I know that this has been a struggle for the family, deciding wether taking Joshua to the show was going to be manageable and comfortable for him. I was always hoping that they would decide to take Joshua to the show because of the joy that it will bring not just to Joshua but the whole family as they watch him enjoy the band we all love, and just losing himself in the moment when everything in life just seems perfect to us. I had also hoped they would decide to make the trip so that each one of us (at least I know I do) would maybe have the opportunity to stop, meet the family and just show them the support they have from each and every one of us. Joshua has a lot of fans rooting for him, and we would all love to see him have another moment to enjoy the one thing that is absolutely meaningful and therapeutic to him. See you guys in Wrigley. Cheers.

Hi :)

I know the Swansons would love to meet you and others at Wrigley. What the support and acceptance this forum has given to Josh and Christina as parents of a disabled child is immeasurable.

How the day is going to work out at this point is a little unclear. They have a 4yo, Maddy, who needs a sitter and that might mean not being able to get in too early. Then there's Joshua to consider. To hang out he'd need a place not so crowded and also he's a 10yo so quite big and wherever they go finding accessible bathrooms big enough to change Joshie is a challenge. And fries! Joshie is a big fan of french fries.

When we're clearer, which may be much closer to the day, we'll let you know.
    Sounds great. I would just love to see this community showing their support for the family, and I just hope to get a chance to see Joshua having a blast at the show with maybe some video shots on the big screen. Also I know @FoxyRedLa was going to reach out to you to maybe see how we can all get together to help out this vet that has done such an amazing gesture for Joshua. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks for all the work that you do with your organization.
    Given To Live is very lucky to have an incredible illustrator who has started creating work for us to gift to the people we take to shows. She's created this for Joshua, we know it'll be hung in his bedroom at his new home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

www.rosannatasker.com
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

IamTom said:

Given To Live is very lucky to have an incredible illustrator who has started creating work for us to gift to the people we take to shows. She's created this for Joshua, we know it'll be hung in his bedroom at his new home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

www.rosannatasker.com

That is Awesome.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Seriously this poster should be duplicated and sold!

But we wouldn't want to take away from Josh.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Oh. I did get with Tom. He's got it covered and will call on us if he needs us :heart:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Oh. I did get with Tom. He's got it covered and will call on us if he needs us :heart:

Awesome. Just keep me posted.
    edited August 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

Na, don't sell it. Let Joshua have a 1 of 1! But I do have to agree that it is one bad ass poster.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Covered-ish. We do need 2 more ADA to allow us to be together. GTL is hosting the family. I'm going to reach out and hope somehow we can find a way to be in that section together.
    Given To Live -

Ray J. T. said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Na, don't sell it. Let Joshua have a 1 of 1! But I do have to agree that it is one bad ass poster.
    There will be more than 1. For the artist, GTL's office, we're offering one to the donor who gave the tickets, Joshua.
    Given To Live -

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    100% would love to support the efforts to find additional tickets however I can...have some items for raffle if that is the way we can do it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    IamTom said:

Ray J. T. said:

FoxyRedLa said:

There will be more than 1. For the artist, GTL's office, we're offering one to the donor who gave the tickets, Joshua.
    That is Awesome. Glad to see the donor is going to get one as well.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    In about a month, after Fenway and Wrigley merch threads die down, we will have a HUGE (not said like Trump says it) raffle over in Lost Dogs benefiting OYR and GTL...Grand prize is a MAJOR GRAIL....
    IF you want to support GTL, one way is to save up some $$ for that raffle coming hopefully in Sept...stay tuned!
    :flushed:
    :clap:

In about a month, after Fenway and Wrigley merch threads die down, we will have a HUGE (not said like Trump says it) raffle over in Lost Dogs benefiting OYR and GTL...Grand prize is a MAJOR GRAIL....
    IF you want to support GTL, one way is to save up some $$ for that raffle coming hopefully in Sept...stay tuned!

Always tuned for your great and generous raffles :)
    Given To Live -

• stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 147
    Since yesterday, I've been trying to come up with the right words. I'm still speechless. I have thanked the donor privately... But, I can not express enough just how appreciative we are of this amazing human being. Not only for their gift, but their service to our country.

I still have some fears and concerns about a venue like Wrigley. But, luckily Tom will be there to help us out with whatever we need.

All I can picture is his face when he sees the stage. He's so excited. "Concert is so exciting" "What we going to do at the concert? Sing and dance mom".

This community continues to amaze me. Thank you for everything each and every one of you. I can't even tell you the impact your comments and support have on us. This is such a crazy ride!!!

Joshua is beginning to think he's a rock star, so hopefully all of this love doesn't go to his head. Lol "Eddie Vedder sing to us"

Oh yes, and according to Joshua... Mike is in the kitchen. Lol Maybe that's why we have been listening to Yellow Ledbetter on repeat for days.. And days.. Urghhh.

Much love to you all from the Swanson crew!

Christina
    I got a message from someone who's not a member of this forum and it was so beautiful I asked if I could share it, they kindly said yes.

'Wow! What an amazing story! Bless the man who donated the tickets ❤️ And bless Joshua for being here. Spreading love without speaking. That is the reason why he is here, to be an example. So happy for him and his parents. He's gonna rock the love boat again. Fuck Christmas!
    Given To Live -

• davety76davety76 Posts: 11
    edited August 2016

I was never a fan of Christmas either...being a December 26th baby. My son happens to be the 22nd. He was born at 23:58. 2 minutes before sharing a b-day with Ed ved. We didn't want that to happen. The more unique the better, eh.
    Post edited by davety76 on
    :lol: my husband is 12/25 and my nephew and BIL are both 12/24.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Wow. To that vet that made this possible, I have a feeling you're going to see this.. Thank you, brother! Not only for doing this for Joshua, but for everything that you've already given to/done/continue to do for this country and its people. I salute you. To Joshua and his family and friends, I'm very happy for you all. Always awesome to see great things happen to great people. Seeing gestures like this is why I now tend to read this forum more than the news/social media since I've joined. Just a much happier place.

Also, HUGE props for giving away the tickets even if you are a disabled veteran. I just want to throw it out there that the scum of this world wouldn't have second thoughts on taking advantage of ADA seats, parking spaces, etc. due to an ingrown toenail. You, on the other hand, thought of others before your self. I'm just saying that makes this even more of a heroic act because PTSD is a real disability.
  • stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 147

Wow. To that vet that made this possible, I have a feeling you're going to see this.. Thank you, brother! Not only for doing this for Joshua, but for everything that you've already given to/done/continue to do for this country and its people. I salute you. To Joshua and his family and friends, I'm very happy for you all. Always awesome to see great things happen to great people. Seeing gestures like this is why I now tend to read this forum more than the news/social media since I've joined. Just a much happier place.

Also, HUGE props for giving away the tickets even if you are a disabled veteran. I just want to throw it out there that the scum of this world wouldn't have second thoughts on taking advantage of ADA seats, parking spaces, etc. due to an ingrown toenail. You, on the other hand, thought of others before your self. I'm just saying that makes this even more of a heroic act because PTSD is a real disability.

This right here. Said so much better than I ever could. Thank you.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Beautiful expression of goodwill, and so glad for Joshua. I am willing to help in any way I can. Love the illustration! Would love to see some photos after, as I have a feeling that seeing the show through his eyes would be like seeing Pearl Jam for the first time for all of us! Enjoy Wrigley Joshua! Rock out!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Bump to the top for Joshua xo
    edited August 2016
    Throw back Thursday :) Joshua at Philly.

https://youtu.be/R6dy5KAfW-w
    Given To Live -

• Bump
  • Bladamus MaximusBladamus Maximus Paris TN Posts: 277
    stina1118 said:

Joshua is beginning to think he's a rock star, so hopefully all of this love doesn't go to his head. Lol "Eddie Vedder sing to us"

Christina

I keep telling myself "I'm gonna see Pearl Jam WITH Joshua! How cool is that?!" So, your little guy IS a rockstar! I love your story more and more every time I read about it.
    -Brad

05-06-95 (EV with Mike Watt, Foo Fighters) Chicago
    07-09-95 Milwaukee
    10-07-96 Ft. Lauderdale
    06-29-98 Chicago
    09-22-98 West Palm Beach
    07-19-13 Wrigley Field
    10-14-14 Memphis
    04-26-16 Lexington
    08-20-16 (Wrigley I)
    08-22-16 (Wrigley II)
    08-18-18 (Wrigley I)
    08-20-18 (Wrigley II)
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    This thread is exactly how you start a day! Let us know how we can help make this trip/experience magical for Joshua.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways