Animal Abuse...

Comments

• hedonist said:

Oh man, Thirty...I can't bring myself to watch it either. I couldn't even get halfway through the article.

hedonist said:

Oh man, Thirty...I can't bring myself to watch it either. I couldn't even get halfway through the article.

I seriously want to kick the shit out of Tubby. F**king loser.

That puppy was one of the few things on the planet that could even summon the most remote feelings of love for such a horrendous specimen of life- chilling out in fattys hands and not even embarrassed to be with such a worthless thing.

Yah. I'm mad. And sad. Never f**king ends this stream of disturbing news events.
    Nope that is where you are wrong.
    Certain people need to be put to death because not even a puppy makes them escape.
    It is mind boggling that humans like this exist.
    I guess the ole saying pics or it didn't happen is powerful.
    Death to this guy.
    In all honesty, if death happened to tub of shit... I wouldn't care. In reality, the world would be a better place.

Call me cold, but that's how I feel. If you can't even be gentle to a puppy... let alone hurt it... what good are you?

Remember... I'm not the big dog fan. I'm the one who's family has all been attacked by them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

That puppy was one of the few things on the planet that could even summon the most remote feelings of love for such a horrendous specimen of life- chilling out in fattys hands and not even embarrassed to be with such a worthless thing.

Yah. I'm mad. And sad. Never f**king ends this stream of disturbing news events.
    Certain people need to be put to death because not even a puppy makes them escape.
    Death to this guy.
    In all honesty, if death happened to tub of shit... I wouldn't care. In reality, the world would be a better place.

Call me cold, but that's how I feel. If you can't even be gentle to a puppy... let alone hurt it... what good are you?

Remember... I'm not the big dog fan. I'm the one who's family has all been attacked by them.
    Ah, but you still have a heart - and a good one at that. It's just about being HUMANE.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Got a quick two questions for all you animal lovers (aren't we all?!):

Scenario: You're driving slowly in a downtown street and you spot a lady walking her dog and yelling at it-- practically screaming at it really. The dog seems to have caught a scent and appears to be pulling mildly to get to it and check it out. The lady yells some more and suddenly the lady jerks up hard on the leash, pulling the dog up into the air by the leash attached to the collar around the dogs neck.

Question 1: Is this animal abuse or something else?

Question 2: If at all, how would you respond to the situation?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:

Scenario: You're driving slowly in a downtown street and you spot a lady walking her dog and yelling at it-- practically screaming at it really. The dog seems to have caught a scent and appears to be pulling mildly to get to it and check it out. The lady yells some more and suddenly the lady jerks up hard on the leash, pulling the dog up into the air by the leash attached to the collar around the dogs neck.

I would have to mind my business, even if they were hitting the dog. It's not that I don't care, but you go lesson' with strangers and your liable to get yourself hurt. I was raised by a strong (volatile) woman who liked to remind strangers of that lesson. I never saw her inflict physical violence, but she could transform into a pillar of cold steel and molten lava at will, and the effect it had on nosy nitwits was identical to the recoil from a hard slap across the face.
    Also, it's easy to get frustrated with a misbehaving dog, and just because somebody is yanking hard doesn't mean they are abusive in general. I am sure that strangers have thought I was dealing roughly with my bonehead Jack (70lb boxer mix), but they don't know that dog's amazing capacity to feel nothing. I accidentally wanged him in the head with a tennis racket full throttle once, and he didn't notice. He ran into a parked car at double full throttle and shook it off with one flap of his ears.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Death to this guy.

Ah, but you still have a heart - and a good one at that. It's just about being HUMANE.
    I was talking about this incident yesterday. To me, it's a whole other level of derangement to torture a puppy or a kitten. I think I've heard you say- in many posts from the past- that you're in line with this way of thinking. If I'm wrong about that... I apologize, but cheers anyways!

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Death to this guy.

I was talking about this incident yesterday. To me, it's a whole other level of derangement to torture a puppy or a kitten. I think I've heard you say- in many posts from the past- that you're in line with this way of thinking. If I'm wrong about that... I apologize, but cheers anyways!
    Oh no, my friend! I was actually agreeing with you - no apologies needed as I know of your past experiences with dogs. Just meant that even those aside, you are still able to find these pieces of shit to be...well, pieces of shit.

And then some.

B, to your question, I think there'd have to be certain variables to consider. Context included. What gambs spoke to about his dog, those were random incidents, not human-caused. I believe animals are aware of how actions and emotion and energy are given.

So I think if I witnessed that and sensed something not right, I'd be likely to say something. Or at least yell it while driving by.
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Death to this guy.

Oh no, my friend! I was actually agreeing with you - no apologies needed as I know of your past experiences with dogs. Just meant that even those aside, you are still able to find these pieces of shit to be...well, pieces of shit.

And then some.

B, to your question, I think there'd have to be certain variables to consider. Context included. What gambs spoke to about his dog, those were random incidents, not human-caused. I believe animals are aware of how actions and emotion and energy are given.

So I think if I witnessed that and sensed something not right, I'd be likely to say something. Or at least yell it while driving by.
    Exactly what I did. I see no problem- in fact agree with- being firm with a dog as I have with the one's I've had in the past but this just seemed way over the top to me. It can't be good for a dog to jerk it up into the air by it's neck.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Yeah, I was considering the size of the dog, to be airborne by leash, and then realized it doesn't really matter; it's just cruel.
  • brianlux said:

Q1- No doubt it is animal abuse. Any pain inflicted to an animal by choice is abuse. Even those shitheads that smack the end of a puppy nose to help it toilet train or make them smell their own feces. I hate people that do this.

Q2 - Being a rational person unless he was a 300pd bodybuilder and could flick me 30yrds with one finger I would and have said "How would you like it if that was done to you"?
    Just like I tell my kids when they step on an ant "How would you like it if a giant foot came out of the sky and tried to squish you"?
    But I would never say gods foot that is child abuse.

brianlux said:

Q1- No doubt it is animal abuse. Any pain inflicted to an animal by choice is abuse. Even those shitheads that smack the end of a puppy nose to help it toilet train or make them smell their own feces. I hate people that do this.

Q2 - Being a rational person unless he was a 300pd bodybuilder and could flick me 30yrds with one finger I would and have said "How would you like it if that was done to you"?
    Just like I tell my kids when they step on an ant "How would you like it if a giant foot came out of the sky and tried to squish you"?
    But I would never say gods foot that is child abuse.

Well said, PJF.

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Malroth said:

I have so much empathy towards animals.
    Seeing a dog chained up all the time seems so much worse to me than this.

A dog chained up all the time is abuse.. period.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Where do you all draw the line? Is a worm on a fishhook bad? An ant squashed?
    A frog's throat split open with a can opener?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    My line is at intentional cruelty, Mal.

(funny, watching Ed, the mighty Irons and Flea busting out Throw Your Hatred Down..though I suspect animal abuse comes from the same place as those who rape - a need for power and sense of control)
    Malroth said:

Where do you all draw the line? Is a worm on a fishhook bad? An ant squashed?
    A frog's throat split open with a can opener?

I guess only you can answer that question.. your own moral "Line in the Sand"

hedonist said:

(funny, watching Ed, the mighty Irons and Flea busting out Throw Your Hatred Down..though I suspect animal abuse comes from the same place as those who rape - a need for power and sense of control)

Well, I've killed a lot of flies, yet haven't raped anyone. :wink:
    Malroth said:

hedonist said:

You should see me when I kill off a roach or the seemingly-constant motherfucking flying bug that drives our cats insane trying to catch it.

Fine, they don't even try to catch it at this point. They just watch the bug, maybe follow it some, then look at me with expectation.

"You're getting it, right?"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

Malroth said:

hedonist said:

You should see me when I kill off a roach or the seemingly-constant motherfucking flying bug that drives our cats insane trying to catch it.

Fine, they don't even try to catch it at this point. They just watch the bug, maybe follow it some, then look at me with expectation.

I'm picturing war paint, a Rambo bandanna, and a blood curdling war whoop followed by a guttural grunt of triumph.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Malroth said:

hedonist said:

I'm picturing war paint, a Rambo bandanna, and a blood curdling war whoop followed by a guttural grunt of triumph.
    Ha! You nailed it, minus the war paint.
  • I had to watch that video that TB posted just to see what everyday law enforcement people have to deal with.
    You know before coming to a scene they want background info if possible.
    Congrats to the officers who arrested this POS peacefully.
    WTF, who throws a dog up in the air for fun? I don't even want to know the root causes of that sick fuck.

I had to watch that video that TB posted just to see what everyday law enforcement people have to deal with.
    WTF, who throws a dog up in the air for fun? I don't even want to know the root causes of that sick fuck.

I've thrown my kids in the air for fun.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2016
    Malroth said:

I had to watch that video that TB posted just to see what everyday law enforcement people have to deal with.

Lol. I love throwing kids in the air.... I always catch them.... so far. :tongue:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2016
    Malroth said:

not a good comparison..

Post edited by myoung321 on

myoung321 said:

Malroth said:

not a good comparison..

I know. We love our dogs. :wink:
    (I'm supposed to argue on the train aren't I?)
    Malroth said:

myoung321 said:

Malroth said:

not a good comparison..

HAHA good one.... (not necessarily...but yeah)

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2016
    Malroth said:

myoung321 said:

Malroth said:

not a good comparison..

To the bitter end. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • My sister worked very hard against animal cruelty. She started off holding signs on street corners in the 80's and progressed to speaking before Congress in Washington. Tackled many issues and played a part in helping laws get passed. I am proud of her.

My sister worked very hard against animal cruelty. She started off holding signs on street corners in the 80's and progressed to speaking before Congress in Washington. Tackled many issues and played a part in helping laws get passed. I am proud of her.

cool.
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    clearly overcharged.
  • Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

You'll have to be a bit more specific here for me to get what you're trying to say.