Options

Free Fenway Show Screening Party .. Tonight!!

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Agg said:

Does anyone know how the negative mark works? What if you show up, but don't have a guest with you, so only one spot is used? Do you still get "marked"?

I would think a complete no-show is what they are trying to avoid.

It might be worth an e-mail to the 10 club.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    There will be plenty of singles outside trying to be someone's plus one..it's always nice to help a fellow fan if you can..... always great to see how appreciative people are when you help them out..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Sounds fun
    At wriglwy will be ok with a vic 2 show
    Thanks in advance!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RazzyLaneRazzyLane Posts: 146
    Agg said:

Does anyone know how the negative mark works? What if you show up, but don't have a guest with you, so only one spot is used? Do you still get "marked"?

If you end up with an extra ticket, I'll gladly take it off your hands so you don't have to worry about finding out. :)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,746
    My guess is 20% by closing time and a lot of disappointed folks that go when Pearl Jam does not show up and play a few songs.
  • Options
    footsteps66footsteps66 Boston,Ma Posts: 61
    Agg said:

you can stop this by having me show up to meet u if i dont win :)
    Mansfield 03' 1,2,3
    Boston 04'
    Boston 06' 1 & 2
    Mansfield 08' 1
    Boston 10'
    Worcester 13' 1 & 2
    Hartford 13'
    Austin 14'
    Ft lauderdale 16'
    Miami 16'
    Philly 16' 1
    Fenway !6' 1 & 2
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    I assume the demand will outpace the supply. And if so, getting your +1 will be no issue.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    6:00 until 11:30? That's a long time. Suppose the film starts rolling at 7:00. And it's a 3.5-hour show. Now you're looking at 10:30. Hm.

I wonder if anything else will be happening...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

6:00 until 11:30? That's a long time. Suppose the film starts rolling at 7:00. And it's a 3.5-hour show. Now you're looking at 10:30. Hm.

I am honestly not trying to kill the hype on this but my guess all we get is what is advertised. Night ones show and a Q&A to follow. Hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    CrazyJazyCrazyJazy Posts: 51
    OnWis97 said:

This event screams 'secret appearance by the band'. This finally explains why they are not playing back to back dates at Fenway or Wrigley. A meet and greet for 10c members only.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

Sounds fun
    At wriglwy will be ok with a vic 2 show
    Thanks in advance!!

See you there!!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
    CrazyJazy said:

OnWis97 said:

This event screams 'secret appearance by the band'. This finally explains why they are not playing back to back dates at Fenway or Wrigley. A meet and greet for 10c members only.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2016
    CrazyJazy said:

OnWis97 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up... I think this is cool enough

I think it's smart to schedule a day off between 2 large stadium shows... especially since they play an intense 3 hour set every night at this point... outdoors in tbe heat...that's the normal set up for Bruce and a lot of other artists I believe
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    demetrios said:

CrazyJazy said:

OnWis97 said:

I think I'd leave disappointed if it was a bait and switch for a meet and greet. I have no interest whatsoever in anything like that, and hopefully, the band feels the same way.

Now a bait and switch for a concert for 10 Club members would be awesome, for sure.

I'm very excited, though, just to get a chance to perhaps relive the night before via an intimate screening. That sounds like a fantastic time!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    my2hands said:

CrazyJazy said:

OnWis97 said:

I think it's smart to schedule a day off between 2 large stadium shows... especially since they play an intense 3 hour set every night at this point... outdoors in tbe heat...that's the normal set up for Bruce and a lot of other artists I believe
    I was thinking the day in between is to give the stadiums a rest...both wrigley and fenway are pretty damn old and will need the bolts to be re-tightened before they tear it up again!
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    psyched on this. the wording and no actual tickets to the screening had me wondering if this is something more too. probably not but what the hell, i'll be in boston for both shows anyway!

ps, I see people saying this place holds 500-650? not quite. I've been to this house of blues numerous times and the capacity is about 2500.
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    should there a be a drawing for alternates as well? It is very possible that people will enter and not show up.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options

psyched on this. the wording and no actual tickets to the screening had me wondering if this is something more too. probably not but what the hell, i'll be in boston for both shows anyway!

ps, I see people saying this place holds 500-650? not quite. I've been to this house of blues numerous times and the capacity is about 2500.

That is good news. I went on there website and it said the capacity of the theatre section was 650. I was just going off of that.
  • Options
    I went here, which shows 2,425

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Blues
  • Options
    mcrok said:

should there a be a drawing for alternates as well? It is very possible that people will enter and not show up.

I think that wold be a good idea. But it does not seem to be how the 10C operates.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I went here, which shows 2,425

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Blues

I just looked at this website. The theatre can hold 650 and the entire music hall 1800. I hope your numbers are more accurate. Either way that percentage is dropping hard. Its going to be almost impossible to get drawn for this.

houseofblues.com/boston/pe
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    this show gave me an excuse to go visit some friends on the east coast, but holding out hope for something between the Wrigley shows, but that could end up leaving me out in the cold with nothing ha
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,366
    Whose up for story time? If not turn back now.

I have not been to Boston since my first pearl jam show 4/10/94.

I am going to both Fenway shows with my brother and will be staying in Boston all weekend, we are from jersey.

When I left Boston in 94 we heard on the radio about a secret show the following night but had to get back to college for class so we went home.

I've regretted it ever since. Fucking chemistry class. I'm in IT now!

My brother really wants to goto some fancy spot for dinner Saturday night and we were about to book it. He goes to Boston often and raves about this restaurant.

I feel bad, and this is probably just a movie but the issues are:

1. I can't not be there and miss it again.
    2. I was at the garden in May upstairs in a box and I'm the only guy rocking out like its the floor. I'm not sure I can sit quietly and not go nuts.

This has to be something more than advertised in my opinion, because they should know by now they can't put me in a seat and expect me to sit in it unless pj is seated and playing acoustic.

God, what do you say?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2016
    RS65573 said:

Whose up for story time? If not turn back now.

I have not been to Boston since my first pearl jam show 4/10/94.

I am going to both Fenway shows with my brother and will be staying in Boston all weekend, we are from jersey.

When I left Boston in 94 we heard on the radio about a secret show the following night but had to get back to college for class so we went home.

I've regretted it ever since. Fucking chemistry class. I'm in IT now!

My brother really wants to goto some fancy spot for dinner Saturday night and we were about to book it. He goes to Boston often and raves about this restaurant.

I feel bad, and this is probably just a movie but the issues are:

1. I can't not be there and miss it again.
    2. I was at the garden in May upstairs in a box and I'm the only guy rocking out like its the floor. I'm not sure I can sit quietly and not go nuts.

This has to be something more than advertised in my opinion, because they should know by now they can't put me in a seat and expect me to sit in it unless pj is seated and playing acoustic.

God, what do you say?

What place? I'm pretty well versed on the Boston dining scene. Most open at 5 and you could likely swing it - some even open for lunch.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    The oldest restaurant in America is all I remember. Lol. I'm not a foodie, I'm a drinkie.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,637
    RS65573 said:

The oldest restaurant in America is all I remember. Lol. I'm not a foodie, I'm a drinkie.

Ha! I'm both!

1) that is the Union Oyster House
    2) Its a tourist trap - better of at Neptune Oyster, Island Creek or Row 34
    3) They open 11AM go for lunch

Problem solved!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    If only it were that simple. I'm sure your right but my little bro wants to show me where he stomps. It's more about that I think.

But yes If I win these I'm gonna have to be that guy.
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    I don't understand why people think there's something more to this - I would certainly hope that 10C would announce if there was a possibility. That's what we pay them for. Otherwise they're gonna have a ton of pissed of members. I don't have a lot of interest in seeing the same show I just saw the night before so I'm not putting in for it. And I will be livid if I miss out on something special that I could have went to if I was informed.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    the_don said:

I don't understand why people think there's something more to this - I would certainly hope that 10C would announce if there was a possibility. That's what we pay them for. Otherwise they're gonna have a ton of pissed of members. I don't have a lot of interest in seeing the same show I just saw the night before so I'm not putting in for it. And I will be livid if I miss out on something special that I could have went to if I was informed.

I take it you were pissed in how they dished out the tickets to the TMR show as well? I am not expecting a secret show and think this is a kickass idea on its own but how can you have a secret show if its not a secret? lol
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    I dunno how they did that show but all Im saying is they can at least give us paying fan club members some kind of hint that something might happen IF that is the plan. It's the least they could do IMO. I'm spending a lot of money to travel to Boston so if they do have more info, it would be nice to get that small wink.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)