Animal Abuse...

A thread for all animal cruelty...

Two B.C. men charged with harassing wildlife over viral moose-riding video

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/two-b-c-men-charged-with-harassing-wildlife-over-viral-moose-riding-video

Imbeciles..Too bad they couldn't get the moose to ride on their backs for a while...
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    In a just world these guys would be thrown in a temporarily fenced off acre with two very pissed off bull moose.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brianlux said:

In a just world these guys would be thrown in a temporarily fenced off acre with two very pissed off bull moose.

brianlux said:

So very true Brian...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • You mean just like pedophiles/rapists should be thrown in a room with the fathers of their victims?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • I saw that video a while back. Just f**king ignorant.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I have come to feel about abusers of animals as I do those who fuck with children. They're innocents; you just don't DO that.

May these pieces of shit get their due. All of them.
  • hedonist said:

I have come to feel about abusers of animals as I do those who fuck with children. They're innocents; you just don't DO that.

And what due would you personally like them to get?

hedonist said:

And what due would you personally like them to get?
    Prison. Ass-kicking. Treated as they did others?

Take your pick.

You mean just like pedophiles/rapists should be thrown in a room with the fathers of their victims?

Was just talking to someone today about the difference between how we feel/what we think and how we act. We say, "Throw them to the lions" or something even more barbaric but if we're at all civilized we settle for swift, appropriate justice carried out in a civilized manner. One of our better attributes as a species is that we can think and then do what is best rather than react only.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    It's too bad that that particular attribute is not universal to all members of our species.

Same as it ever was. People can't seem to get past revenge. Revenge makes for gripping entertainment.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dudeman said:

It's too bad that that particular attribute is not universal to all members of our species.

Same as it ever was. People can't seem to get past revenge. Revenge makes for gripping entertainment.

Just forgive and forget everything? Murder, rape are excusable?
    I'd prefer prevention and preemption.

After the fact, rehabilitation is the civil choice.
  • dudeman said:

I'd prefer prevention and preemption.

After the fact, rehabilitation is the civil choice.

Good for you. I don't feel that way. I don't have it in me to try and retrain some ghoul that murders a child.
    Animal abuse really pisses me off. We see a lot of cases.

The offenders are always reported to the police and they go through the process of our legal system.

Like it or not, every citizen gets a trial and due process.

It's up to the jury to determine guilt and the judge to dole out the punishment.

After the abuse has happened, beating up or killing the offender won't undo the abuse.

The actions of the vengeful cost. The price is one's humanity.
    edited July 2016
    I do feel vengeance toward assholes who take advantage of the weak, of those who cannot defend themselves or are made to be.

Sometimes due process doesn't work on animals of the human variety, doesn't rehabilitate.

I really really wish my "offender" was taken the fuck out before he had the luxury or even insistence of due process, and not given the time and opportunity to act upon others.

That said, my humaneness is intact, and my conscience is clear. I've paid my price in other ways.

**must edit to say that the above is borne of emotion and anger. Logic and understanding of the law is there too, but when you know, you know. And then you just want that POS to be no more.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    BTW, two of the three charges against these idiots sound pretty shaky to me. "Bradley Crook and Jaysun Pinkerton have each been charged with three offences under The Wildlife Act: harassing wildlife with the use of a boat, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game that is swimming." The charge of harassing with the use of a boat is obvious, but the other two probably won't hold up. They clearly weren't attempting to capture or hunt the moose (assuming hunting involves an attempt to kill it, which I think it must). I HOPE they get the book thrown at them, but I doubt they will on the last two charges, so they will probably get a slap on the wrist at best. Unfortunate. I wish sentences could be more directly tied to how much of a fucking asshole the crime makes you.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

BTW, two of the three charges against these idiots sound pretty shaky to me. "Bradley Crook and Jaysun Pinkerton have each been charged with three offences under The Wildlife Act: harassing wildlife with the use of a boat, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game that is swimming." The charge of harassing with the use of a boat is obvious, but the other two probably won't hold up. They clearly weren't attempting to capture or hunt the moose (assuming hunting involves an attempt to kill it, which I think it must). I HOPE they get the book thrown at them, but I doubt they will on the last two charges, so they will probably get a slap on the wrist at best. Unfortunate. I wish sentences could be more directly tied to how much of a fucking asshole the crime makes you.

Amen to this, across the board.
  • PJ_Soul said:

Yes.

Exactly why the DP for a guy like Clifford Olsen would have been appropriate.

Let the punishment for the crime.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Yes.

Exactly why the DP for a guy like Clifford Olsen would have been appropriate.

Let the punishment for the crime.
    No, I don't believe in the death penalty. Life in prison is fine. Let's not derail the thread.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:

I do feel vengeance toward assholes who take advantage of the weak, of those who cannot defend themselves or are made to be.

Sometimes due process doesn't work on animals of the human variety, doesn't rehabilitate.

I really really wish my "offender" was taken the fuck out before he had the luxury or even insistence of due process, and not given the time and opportunity to act upon others.

That said, my humaneness is intact, and my conscience is clear. I've paid my price in other ways.

**must edit to say that the above is borne of emotion and anger. Logic and understanding of the law is there too, but when you know, you know. And then you just want that POS to be no more.

There is obviously something in your personal history that you're referencing here and I won't ask you to expand on that.

I assume that you didn't take the law into your own hands and kill the offender you speak of.

There is a world of difference between having feelings of vengeance and killing for retribution. It's the latter that I feel can cost one's humanity.

We can agree on the fact that those who prey on the weak, children and abuse animals are the scum of the earth, yes?
    edited July 2016
    You're correct, and thank you.

To your second point, wish I did! (as alarming as it is to actually say / think that).

But no.

And we are in agreement *on that last part.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I have so much empathy towards animals.
    Seeing a dog chained up all the time seems so much worse to me than this.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Malroth said:

Animal abuse is animal abuse.
    Can't compare the two.
    Malroth said:

For me it's not worse (partly because I love wildlife as much as domestic) but I definitely know what you mean. I lived in a neighborhood once where this dog got abused all the time to the point where everyone was afraid of it. It got loose all the time and I started working with it and he really mellowed out. I didn't do it but I wanted to steal that sweet dog.

If the animal remains with its abuser, it continues to be abused, no matter how much outside love and gentleness (which is to be commended) may be shown. Like a child; still living in that environment at the hands that hurt.

Yet another reason I just love Tia Torres and her Villalobos Pit rescue. She makes sure those animals are no longer subjected to...human animals.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

Malroth said:

Animal abuse is animal abuse.
    Can't compare the two.
    This makes no sense. Please do not try and explain. :wink:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Big, fat piece of shit tosses puppy into air- becoming paralyzed upon impact with the ground.

Moronic buddy filming it. Their dialogue between them lends strong support for eugenics. Fortunately, I don't give either of these two f**king idiots much longer- there are streets to cross, poison labels to note, etc.

Link attached has a video in it. I never watched it. I think if I did I might have to get Chadwick, Hedo, and the rest of Team Slap to make a road trip to Manitoba.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-rcmp-investigates-video-of-man-throwing-puppy-1.3697744
    Oh man, Thirty...I can't bring myself to watch it either. I couldn't even get halfway through the article.
  • hedonist said:

Oh man, Thirty...I can't bring myself to watch it either. I couldn't even get halfway through the article.

I seriously want to kick the shit out of Tubby. F**king loser.

That puppy was one of the few things on the planet that could even summon the most remote feelings of love for such a horrendous specimen of life- chilling out in fattys hands and not even embarrassed to be with such a worthless thing.

Yah. I'm mad. And sad. Never f**king ends this stream of disturbing news events.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited July 2016
    many turds deserve slapping or worse
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonist said:

hedonist said:

I seriously want to kick the shit out of Tubby. F**king loser.

That puppy was one of the few things on the planet that could even summon the most remote feelings of love for such a horrendous specimen of life- chilling out in fattys hands and not even embarrassed to be with such a worthless thing.

Yah. I'm mad. And sad. Never f**king ends this stream of disturbing news events.
    Nope that is where you are wrong.
    Certain people need to be put to death because not even a puppy makes them escape.
    It is mind boggling that humans like this exist.
    I guess the ole saying pics or it didn't happen is powerful.
    Death to this guy.