The terrorist attacks we don't care about

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Bodies of 42 fishermen butchered by Boko Haram pulled from Lake Chad

The bodies of 42 fishermen, who were killed by the Islamist group, Boko Haram, have been pulled from Lake Chad in Cameroon, the country's military has announced.

The men had been seized on 8 June from the village of Darak, located near the Nigerian border, by militants who also killed 10 fishermen in nearby Touboun Ali on 6 June and 32 soldiers in Bosso, Niger on 3 June.

ibtimes.co.uk/bodies-42-fishermen-butchered-by-boko-haram-pulled-lake-chad-1565498?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Jason P said:

Bodies of 42 fishermen butchered by Boko Haram pulled from Lake Chad

The bodies of 42 fishermen, who were killed by the Islamist group, Boko Haram, have been pulled from Lake Chad in Cameroon, the country's military has announced.

The men had been seized on 8 June from the village of Darak, located near the Nigerian border, by militants who also killed 10 fishermen in nearby Touboun Ali on 6 June and 32 soldiers in Bosso, Niger on 3 June.

ibtimes.co.uk/bodies-42-fishermen-butchered-by-boko-haram-pulled-lake-chad-1565498?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

And around 50,000 people have been displaced in just the last few days?? That's fucked. 2.7 million displaced in 7 years I think it said, and tens of thousands of murders. Just crazy. And it's government corruption in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, et al that is preventing them from being stopped. Meanwhile, Boko Haram is considered to be the deadliest terror group on the face of the planet (now claiming - probably randomly - that they are affiliated with ISIS, since ISIS is outshining Al Qaeda in the news now). I wonder how many people actually make up this terror group???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Looks like Germany is experiencing a situation today :(
    edited June 2016
    PJPOWER said:

Looks like Germany is experiencing a situation today :(

Yeah. :( Although I have no idea if it's a terrorist attack or what (cue the discussion on what is and isn't terrorism).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Istanbul airport explosions: 28 dead, 60 injured, Turkish official says

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/28/europe/turkey-istanbul-airport-attacks/index.html
    :fearful:
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Now I've heard at least 50 dead.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    3 suicide bombers. Sick. Fuck. RIP
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • F**king idiots.

Scary... these f**king idiots.

Shouldn't jump to any conclusions though. These were likely three lone wolves... maybe mentally ill lone wolves... not motivated by ideology... just madness or something like that.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F**king idiots.

Shouldn't jump to any conclusions though. These were likely three lone wolves... maybe mentally ill lone wolves... not motivated by ideology... just madness or something like that.

Yup...I pray for their souls.

F**king idiots.

So the sarcasm here is clear, but I'm just wondering about your actual thoughts on this. Do you really think that people are tending to say that terrorists aren't terrorists, like making excuses for them? Because I don't see that at all. Not in the media, not on these boards, not from any politicians... so I'm just curious about why you made that sarcastic comment. What are you interpreting as excuses for terrorists, if that is what you think is going on? Are you simply referring to the one case of the Orlando shooter?
  • PJ_Soul said:

F**king idiots.

So the sarcasm here is clear, but I'm just wondering about your actual thoughts on this. Do you really think that people are tending to say that terrorists aren't terrorists, like making excuses for them? Because I don't see that at all. Not in the media, not on these boards, not from any politicians... so I'm just curious about why you made that sarcastic comment. What are you interpreting as excuses for terrorists, if that is what you think is going on? Are you simply referring to the one case of the Orlando shooter?
    Are you talking to one person or two here?

PJ_Soul said:

F**king idiots.

Are you talking to one person or two here?
    I'm only talking to Thirty.
    But obviously you're free to comment on it too.
  • PJ_Soul said:

F**king idiots.

The sarcasm is directed at anyone who, upon reflection, routinely trips over themselves attempting to call each callous act more or less an isolated event versus what is amounting to be systematic guerilla warfare being waged against infidels. Let's be honest, you for one have downplayed the seriousness of these fools as well as their scope, magnitude and potential.

The body of work by these people is impressive to date and only growing- let's give them the credit they want. We're going to have to start thinking of solutions versus simply living with these events as a way of life. If you got any... feel free to offer them.
    Who the fuck is doing that though? I feel like you and some others who lean to the right are basically inventing this phenomenon. I have NEVER EVER once in my whole life downplayed the seriousness of this or the scope, magnitude and potential. On the contrary. I have said the exact opposite many times over the years. That you think that about me 100% proves that you are just making this shit up out of thin air, seriously.
  • PJ_Soul said:

Who the fuck is doing that though? I feel like you and some others who lean to the right are basically inventing this phenomenon. I have NEVER EVER once in my whole life downplayed the seriousness of this or the scope, magnitude and potential. On the contrary. I have said the exact opposite many times over the years. That you think that about me 100% proves that you are just making this shit up out of thin air, seriously.

So when did you say the exact opposite and what did you say?
    edited June 2016

PJ_Soul said:

In a whole shit load of threads where it was being discussed. I'm not about to rehash everything I've written about it just because you two don't pay attention and have developed incorrect assumptions.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

In a whole shit load of threads where it was being discussed.
    Name one?
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited June 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    Oh come on! What are you trying to prove here? Once again you seem to be trying to start an argument for your own amusement, undermining a serious thread in the process
    edited June 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    What about the one where I got attacked for saying that 20 - 25% of Muslims can be considered to have radical views (at least)? I have no idea what thread that was. But seriously, if you ever payed attention and spent less time trolling you would know that I've never held back punches as far as radical Islam goes. Fucking pay attention.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    What about the one where I got attacked for saying that 20 - 25% of Muslims can be considered to have radical views (at least)? I have no idea what thread that was. But seriously, if you ever payed attention and spent less time trolling you would know that I've never held back punches as far as radical Islam goes. Fucking pay attention.
    20-25% is what you say?
    I am paying attention. Just don't recall you saying that.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    20-25% is what you say?
    Who cares if you do or don't? If you care, then go ahead and research all of my AMT posts from the past 5 years or whatever and find the evidence that Thirty's assessment is completely wrong, lol. Or you can just take my word for it. Whatever. The point is that Thirty (and apparently you) have conjured up this attitude and impression about people and this issue that isn't true.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    20-25% is what you say?
    I remember her catching plenty of heat from that, especially I think from a former poster who is Muslim.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited June 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I do recall you ignoring the ties to the Taliban (indirectly through his father) and his pledge to ISIS in order to call the Orlando shooter just a crazy guy.

Edit: or guilt ridden gay guy.
  • jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    20-25% is what you say?
    I remember her catching plenty of heat from that, especially I think from a former poster who is Muslim.
    So since you guys agree do you stand by that percentage now?
    or is it lower.
    jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    20-25% is what you say?
    Yeah, it was brutal, lol. I almost quit the boards over it.

PJ_Soul said:

I do recall you ignoring the ties to the Taliban (indirectly through his father) and his pledge to ISIS in order to call the Orlando shooter just a crazy guy.

Edit: or guilt ridden gay guy.
    I didn't ignore anything. I qualified his "ties" to ISIS, in that he didn't have any.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    20-25% is what you say?
    or is it lower.
    What has that got to do with this thread?

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Name one?
    20-25% is what you say?
    or is it lower.
    No, why would it be lower all of a sudden? If anything, it's going to go up, since all the Islamophobia/xenophobia being diarrhea'd around lately only fuels division and extremism (on both sides of fence).