Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    I think parl jam has a thought reading machine
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I am so in awe of what I experienced last Thursday I have no words to describe it. Are they always that good??? I have never seen anything in that realm as far as musical experiences go. The energy,the band,the crowd.........just incredible. I wish there was some places where we could get band comments just to see if they felt the same. I really hope that PJ can find the time to come back cause I sure as hell know that there are more than a few of us who would love to have them. As a smaller venue ...compared to some of the other ones on the tour I think that we gave the band every reason to want to come back. I really hope they fell the same :) Best experience Ive had in years. Thanks Pearl Jam! Thanks Halifax!

Being a PJ fan is quite a rollercoaster ride. Enjoy it :)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I was at work (HMV) the other day and just happened to call my bud who was off. He told me that after the Nfld show when the plane left with PJ on it, that the plane had to detour to the Saint John airport which is about 20min from me....they were there for about 2 1/2 hours just milling about the AP. I was soooooooooo devastated to hear that they were so close to me and the chance in my life I would have gotten to actually talk to them had passed me by..man it SUCKS. I've been trying to download the PJ show from Montreal for my gf because her and I were at that one and she wants it, as do I though I still can't stop listening to the Halifax boot. Everytime I go to put my CC info in it tells me that the info is incorrect. Has anyone else had trouble in this regard? I tried contacting the 10club and the company who does the CC processing for the PJLive boots but as of yet have recieved no replies....anyone able to help a fella out here?
    Jamhead

jeremy_cross3@hotmail.com
    Montreal/03, Boston/04, Montreal/05, Halifax/05, Hartford/06, Boston/06
  • Options
    KingVKingV Posts: 10
    try putting your address in exaclty how it shows on your statement. line by line. when it x-references with the data, it must be exact.
    Barrie Ont 1998
    "A fuckin' football" EV

Halifax NS 2005
    "Fetch me a new guitar, I sha'n't be playing this one" EV
  • Options
    nik420nik420 Posts: 5
    I loved the Halifax show. I went to shows in Montreal in 1998, 2000, 2003, and they were awesome. However, I believe this show topped them all. I'm still excited about it.

On the way back to Fredericton the next day, my car's engine exploded - it will cost about $1200 to fix. However, even this tragedy did not diminish the experience in the slightest.

I stayed at the HOJO Marinova in Dartmouth, and the ferry ride across the harbour after the show was awesome too. We got a select penthouse room with a huge balcony and kitchen for $75!!! Amazing experience all around.

Hope they come back to the maritimes. I vote for a Magnetic Hill concert like the Stones had in Moncton this summer. Seeing the band in an outdoor venue is my dream.
    Montreal 08/20/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Montreal 06/29/03
    Halifax 09/22/05

"I have no problem with Jesus, it's his fan club I can't stand!"
  • Options
    nik420 wrote:
    I loved the Halifax show. I went to shows in Montreal in 1998, 2000, 2003, and they were awesome. However, I believe this show topped them all. I'm still excited about it.

On the way back to Fredericton the next day, my car's engine exploded - it will cost about $1200 to fix. However, even this tragedy did not diminish the experience in the slightest.

I stayed at the HOJO Marinova in Dartmouth, and the ferry ride across the harbour after the show was awesome too. We got a select penthouse room with a huge balcony and kitchen for $75!!! Amazing experience all around.

Hope they come back to the maritimes. I vote for a Magnetic Hill concert like the Stones had in Moncton this summer. Seeing the band in an outdoor venue is my dream.

sounds sweet. I took the ferry to the concert tooo.
  • Options
    Halifax To The Max!!!!!!!!! Bump!!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    VedderLove wrote:
    I know, I know, I know, I just can't believe it's been over a week, and I'm still pumped from the concert! Is anyone else feeling the same, or is it just me!?? I just can't get over it, I love Pearl Jam! Anyone else feelin' me on this one?!?

No You aren't the only one. I haven't been able to stop playing the CD of the concert in my car. That will be a hard one to top. Hope to God they come back!!
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 403
    "Fuck Heineken's, get me a Keith's!!"

Wow, it's now 11 days after the Halifax show and i'm still reeling!!!
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    nik420 wrote:

Dude! that sucks about your engine blowing up on the way back!!!! Glad to hear that it didn't ruin an amazing experience.

As for Magnetic Hill, while it would be an incredible place to have a PJ show, i highly doubt it will happen, unless of course they come up with seating. Don't mean to be Debbie Downer cuz damn, a PJ show at MH would be the shit!!!

It's been almost two weeks since the show and i'm still floating around on cloud 9. i ran into an old friend yesterday and i realized after i left him that i must have come off sounding like a real freak when i was talking about the show...i get so excited to tell people about it that sometimes i get carried away. most of my friends aren't really into PJ, and wanted to hear about Sleater-Kinney instead.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    KingVKingV Posts: 10
    nik420 wrote:

Barrie 98 was outdoors. It was good. You miss some of the crowd noise (Halifax might have had a 1/3 of the size from Barrie but was 100 times louder.) I think Magnetic Hill would be one for the ages. Imagine the setlist they'd throw out htere for 85,000 fans? I'm sure it would be the largest crowd they ever play too.
    Barrie Ont 1998
    "A fuckin' football" EV

Halifax NS 2005
    "Fetch me a new guitar, I sha'n't be playing this one" EV
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Here's what I am loving almost 2 weeks after seeing PJ in Halifax:

1. The boot. It's great even after 95 listens.
    2. The new fans or fans with a renewed interest in the band. I have talked to a lot of people who were blown away by the show. Some listened to PJ back in the day and had drifted away..but PJ is all they talk about lately.
    3. The fact that there are so many fans out there that I didn't know existed or that frequented the board. You mean I am not alone? ;-) Yay!
    4. The memories. It was an amazing night and one I hope is repeated in the not too distant future.
  • Options
    KingV wrote:
    Barrie 98 was outdoors. It was good. You miss some of the crowd noise (Halifax might have had a 1/3 of the size from Barrie but was 100 times louder.) I think Magnetic Hill would be one for the ages. Imagine the setlist they'd throw out htere for 85,000 fans? I'm sure it would be the largest crowd they ever play too.

Hate to break it to you but Pearl Jam would not bring in 85,000 to magnetic hill... be a sweet show though.
    September 22, 2005 - Halifax.. ahhh
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Gallant88 wrote:
    Hate to break it to you but Pearl Jam would not bring in 85,000 to magnetic hill... be a sweet show though.
    This was discussed much earlier in the thread, but such a show is something that the band has no interest in playing. They did not directly participate in Live8 because of their concerns with playing large (50,000+) general admission, festival seating shows. They "lost nine friends" five years ago, so they are not going to put themselves in that position again.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I would be happy with the metro centre agian. I don't want to go to NB.
  • Options
    I would be happy with the metro centre agian. I don't want to go to NB.

hey! what's wrong with NB? ;)

i'm kidding...metro centre was great, but it would be nice to see them play here so i wouldn't have to take the bus *yuck* to hali again!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    I am sure if they come back they could sell out tickets to 2 shows in hours. It would be great, it's been two weeks and my friends, most of which are still talking about the show. I hope to see them a agian soon even if that means a road trip to Boston or Montreal. Another Atlantic province show would be awesome but after that I would want another and another and another.
  • Options
    Live PJ shows are like crack.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    for sure...
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    I can believe I only noticed this today

From In My Tree:
    "I'm trading stories with the Keith's instead"
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    lanners wrote:
    Live PJ shows are like crack.

Say no to crack, say fuckin' eh to Pearl Jam!!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    Halifax SHAN'T die.
    September 22, 2005 - Halifax.. ahhh
  • Options
    i don't know why other bands haven't hopped on the bootleg bandwagon...i don't think my copy of the halifax show will ever come out of my discman or off my computer. every time i listen to it i hear something else that i missed.

i need to win that $14 million lotto 649 jackpot tonight to feed my live PJ crack habit. ;)
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    ^o_o^^o_o^ Posts: 5
    lanners wrote:
    i don't know why other bands haven't hopped on the bootleg bandwagon...i don't think my copy of the halifax show will ever come out of my discman or off my computer. every time i listen to it i hear something else that i missed.

i need to win that $14 million lotto 649 jackpot tonight to feed my live PJ crack habit. ;)

some other bands are getting into it... mostly ones with very loyal fans who live for the music. the black crowes flirted with the outfit Instant Live on their tour and made a handful of the shows available (including the one i went to in montreal), but i think pearl jam, by operating it themselves, have done it best and cheapest so far.
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    Gallant88 wrote:
    Halifax SHAN'T die.

hahahah
    for those of you who weren't there "Fetch me a new guitar please, I Shant be playing this one"
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i still cant believe the keith's rants, im sitting here drinkin one thinking he got to try a few (@ least an 8pack) good times hopefully they'll be back again some day

those who like it, like it a lot
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:

those who like it, like it a lot

Applies to pearl jam as well ;)

Did you check out the free concert on wednesday? Ketih's Birthday celebrations with joel plaskett :)........and the trews............ :(
    So I bid farewell to the Eastern town I never more will see;
    But work I must so I eat this dust and breathe refinery.
    Oh I miss the green and the woods and streams and I don't like cowboy clothes;
    But I like being free and that makes me an idiot I suppose.
  • Options
    manny_81 wrote:
    Applies to pearl jam as well ;)

Did you check out the free concert on wednesday? Ketih's Birthday celebrations with joel plaskett :)........and the trews............ :(
    wasn't that good but I already seen both of those band in concert before.
  • Options
    So what do ya's think, will a video of this amazing night ever surface, amateur or otherwise ? Would I ever love to have a copy of that, my brain doesn't work well enough to accurately store the exitement and joy of that night. I think video would help!!! DVD!!,DVD!!,DVD!!!!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    warehousewarehouse Posts: 124
    I would love nothing more than to be able to relive that night by watching it all unfold again!!
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006