The Tragically Hip!!!!

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    rigged
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    edited June 2016
    ISO Hamilton seats
  • moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    that was a joke. If anyone has a pair for Hamilton, please let me know. Thanks!
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    let you know how winnipeg goes in half an hour. I've already got seats, though. trying for better, and friends of ours get the worse of the two pairs.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    well got shut out so far, trying for London at 11:00. That should go well when that the only show left in Ontario..........fuck this sucks
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    trying to get lined up for 11:00 am sale and the Budwieser Gardens puts you in a Query even before you can get a chance to look to buy
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    keep trying. winnipeg says sold out immediately. but the presale also said that, and I got tickets an hour later.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

perfect thanks HFD
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Nothing yet for Toronto. Anyone else have luck?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    BLACK35 said:

perfect thanks HFD

a buddy of mine did the amex presale. he got row 4 on the floor an hour and a half into the presale. something jiggy with the system. maybe it just says nothing available when it's too bogged down with requests.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I wish they wouldn't have announced his illness, TBH. all the fans that haven't seen them in 15 years and haven't given a shit are buying tickets thinking it's the last tour.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Still in the Q for the Budwieser Garden site lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    BLACK35 said:

Still in the Q for the Budwieser Garden site lol

lol......you can quit now, just spoke with operator at Bud Gardens and nothing left but we can call back because they are hoping some may become available at a later date....
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Got shut down hard today trying for the Hammer
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

I wish they wouldn't have announced his illness, TBH. all the fans that haven't seen them in 15 years and haven't given a shit are buying tickets thinking it's the last tour.

I don't have a problem with this. If they haven't seen The Hip for 15 years, I'm glad they are getting their chance now. Obviously they just needed a reminder, or the realization that they couldn't keep saying "I'll catch them one of these days".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Crazy how fast these tickets went.

Simply gone the moment 10am hit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    got a pair on the floor for Victoria.
    It took till 1010 just for a screen to come up.
    Server crashed total chaos.
    Lots of unhappy people
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Drew89Drew89 Posts: 7
    Have a pair of floors for Toronto August 14....looking to trade for a pair in Kingston don't care where lol
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't have a problem with this. If they haven't seen The Hip for 15 years, I'm glad they are getting their chance now. Obviously they just needed a reminder, or the realization that they couldn't keep saying "I'll catch them one of these days".
    I know it can kind of come across as entitlement the way i presented it, but honestly, this sucks for the people who have been with the band the whole time and can't afford those nonsense Platinum prices.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I tempted to start a class action lawsuit against ticketbastard. they need to be stopped. Stone? Jeff? a little help?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

I know it can kind of come across as entitlement the way i presented it, but honestly, this sucks for the people who have been with the band the whole time and can't afford those nonsense Platinum prices.
    Well, these folks have maybe been fans all along as well, they just don't go to concerts. There are a LOT of people who just don't do that as an activity, even if they love a band. I don't get it, but I know people like this, lol.... Of course, they are normal people. Not people like us. :lol: The music obsessed, we are a breed of our own.
    Do you buy single tix or are you seeking a pair or more? I've practically stopped buying pairs altogether now. They are just too hard to get most of the time. When you go for a single it suddenly becomes pretty damn easy to score a ticket. I don't want to talk to a friend during a concert anyhow, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Worth a listen if you hate scalpers or got burned not getting tickets.

I Made A Scalper Drive From Mississauga To St. Catharines!

The ironic thing is that a whole bunch of the people who are angry about how the bots got all the tix will also be the people who end up buying the tix from a scalper.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    PJ_Soul said:

The ironic thing is that a whole bunch of the people who are angry about how the bots got all the tix will also be the people who end up buying the tix from a scalper.

I don't know about ironic, but definitely unfortunate. If you hate the machine - don't feed the machine. Seems we're not so good at collective dissent if it involves any form of sacrifice to bring about change (ie not seeing a band this one time).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    dignin said:

One of my buddies sent me that link, thanks for posting cause I couldn't do it, too funny
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I tried for tickets to Toronto and got nothing including 2 presales and the public sale. I didn't try that hard, but if I feel like going I'll try to get tickets the day of the show.

It happens with all shows these days. With Pearl Jam I could get amazing tickets the day of the show through fans and ticket master, but remember how fast tickets sold during the initial onsale?

This isn't pink Floyd or led Zeppelin reuniting. This is the hip who put on a decent show and have put out average albums the past 15 years.
  • Red Lukin said:

This isn't pink Floyd or led Zeppelin reuniting. This is the hip who put on a decent show and have put out average albums the past 15 years.

The major fanbase the hip has is coming out a little to late. PJsoul alluded earlier and I agree that the "fans" of the hip who always said I will catch them later caused this uptick and frenzy that is going on now.
    The system recognizes that and will scalp each and everyone of us, including the loyal fans of the hip.
    The hip could've been a commercial success were it not for the basement listeners keeping it to themselves. Time to pay the piper.
  • Red Lukin said:

I tried for tickets to Toronto and got nothing including 2 presales and the public sale. I didn't try that hard, but if I feel like going I'll try to get tickets the day of the show.

It happens with all shows these days. With Pearl Jam I could get amazing tickets the day of the show through fans and ticket master, but remember how fast tickets sold during the initial onsale?

I'm not so sure of the average albums comment.

Firstly, their catalogue is full of unreal tunes which makes them studly no matter what. Secondly, World Container was excellent. Third, Now For Plan A was pretty damn good too.

Bottom line: a massively underappreciated band that has not received its proper level of respect internationally. They have more than enough fans who, having taken them for granted the past couple decades, want to see them badly in light of the brutal news.

The demand is legitimate.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103

Red Lukin said:

I'm not so sure of the average albums comment.

Firstly, their catalogue is full of unreal tunes which makes them studly no matter what. Secondly, World Container was excellent. Third, Now For Plan A was pretty damn good too.

Bottom line: a massively underappreciated band that has not received its proper level of respect internationally. They have more than enough fans who, having taken them for granted the past couple decades, want to see them badly in light of the brutal news.

The demand is legitimate.
    I agree.

Also, In Violet Light is a near-perfect album, if not perfect, and it was released but 14 years ago.
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    BLACK35 said:

dignin said:

One of my buddies sent me that link, thanks for posting cause I couldn't do it, too funny
    Cool that they did that. HTZ FM is honestly the best radio station lol