Paris Attacks

Comments

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just draw the line where i think getting banned from boards will kick in.

Totally but there is a way to have these disagreements without moving into banned territory. There are some people I debated with heavily over the last couple of years who apparently are now banned. It's almost as if they just couldn't help themselves when confronted with opposing view points.
    either that, or we just found better ways to spend our time. i never come around here anymore.
    You weren't included in my "some people" but fair enough.
  • BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Totally but there is a way to have these disagreements without moving into banned territory. There are some people I debated with heavily over the last couple of years who apparently are now banned. It's almost as if they just couldn't help themselves when confronted with opposing view points.
    either that, or we just found better ways to spend our time. i never come around here anymore.
    Another coping mechanism that is legitimate.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonist said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

And unfortunate too because I think they were quality people and could have used the exercise to hone their control.

You've also said a mouthful with the first part of what you wrote: for example, Godfather takes a beating on here, but does anybody think he wouldn't open up his fridge, feed you beer and whatever else he had in his fridge, play some good music, and expect nothing in return if you sat on his deck with him?

Point should be obvious: deep down... we're all the same. Our vantage points are the only thing that is different. We might not see things the same, but we came to those views on our own very unique paths that if someone else had walked... they'd be there as well.
    No doubt, Thirty. And bless you (shh, callen!) for the latter sentiment.
    Cheers, Hedo! You're one of the best on here.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    "Blessed". Phooey and hog wash.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

As I've said, you need to take the particular situation into account. An understanding of French culture and politics would likely help, not to mention that we just generally have a different approach in Europe

Historically the approach has been capitulation
    You're not afraid to ruffle feathers are you?
    Definitely not. I take a pretty hard line on the right to speech...even when it offends me.
    I think regardless of whatever conflict you have found yourself in over the years on this forum... I have to commend you on your ability to deal with the fallout you sometimes generate- exercising free speech- without emotion.

Ruffling feathers is a good thing. It really is provided it's driven by remote levels of intelligence and not by obvious measures designed purposely to agitate.
    Well I appreciate that and I really think on this issue (EODM being removed from festivals for Jesse Hughes' post-attack beliefs) the entire board should be in agreement. This is a music forum at root and protecting an artists right to speak is paramount. I disagree with PJ on so much politically but as I have always said I would fight to allow them to speak their views in any forum they wish. It is this freedom that ultimately sets us a part from so many parts of the world and when you infringe upon it even slightly then you are opening the door for far more dangerous events in the future.
    I have to admit to conforming at times: I sometimes bite my lip when I feel strongly about something... or I say something that won't 'ruffle feathers'. I'm not brutal, but I'm not great at voicing my convictions. Not that I think they're poor thoughts and best reserved for secrecy... more that I'm not willing to deal with the fallout from the widely accepted and valued opinion for lack of will or energy.
    I am that way at times as well...there is a time and a few place for everything. I don't pull punches on these boards because otherwise what's the point. However, if you met me at a pj show or pj pre-drink you wouldn't get a peep of politics out of me. That isn't out of fear from fallout but out of knowing when it's time to battle vs when it's time to just party.
    Start that sending Americans to fight the Evildoers and being Canadian likely get you thrown out of the place. That's why you wouldn't bring that shit up at a PJ event.

Course I wouldn't bring up how utterly absurd the whole Jesus bible thing is in the Sizzler in fkn Oklahoma.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callen said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

As I've said, you need to take the particular situation into account. An understanding of French culture and politics would likely help, not to mention that we just generally have a different approach in Europe

Historically the approach has been capitulation
    You're not afraid to ruffle feathers are you?
    Definitely not. I take a pretty hard line on the right to speech...even when it offends me.
    I think regardless of whatever conflict you have found yourself in over the years on this forum... I have to commend you on your ability to deal with the fallout you sometimes generate- exercising free speech- without emotion.

Ruffling feathers is a good thing. It really is provided it's driven by remote levels of intelligence and not by obvious measures designed purposely to agitate.
    Well I appreciate that and I really think on this issue (EODM being removed from festivals for Jesse Hughes' post-attack beliefs) the entire board should be in agreement. This is a music forum at root and protecting an artists right to speak is paramount. I disagree with PJ on so much politically but as I have always said I would fight to allow them to speak their views in any forum they wish. It is this freedom that ultimately sets us a part from so many parts of the world and when you infringe upon it even slightly then you are opening the door for far more dangerous events in the future.
    I have to admit to conforming at times: I sometimes bite my lip when I feel strongly about something... or I say something that won't 'ruffle feathers'. I'm not brutal, but I'm not great at voicing my convictions. Not that I think they're poor thoughts and best reserved for secrecy... more that I'm not willing to deal with the fallout from the widely accepted and valued opinion for lack of will or energy.
    I am that way at times as well...there is a time and a few place for everything. I don't pull punches on these boards because otherwise what's the point. However, if you met me at a pj show or pj pre-drink you wouldn't get a peep of politics out of me. That isn't out of fear from fallout but out of knowing when it's time to battle vs when it's time to just party.
    Start that sending Americans to fight the Evildoers and being Canadian likely get you thrown out of the place. That's why you wouldn't bring that shit up at a PJ event.

Course I wouldn't bring up how utterly absurd the whole Jesus bible thing is in the Sizzler in fkn Oklahoma.
    Focusing on the person and not the message.

But I do like the Sizzler comment!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

And unfortunate too because I think they were quality people and could have used the exercise to hone their control.

You've also said a mouthful with the first part of what you wrote: for example, Godfather takes a beating on here, but does anybody think he wouldn't open up his fridge, feed you beer and whatever else he had in his fridge, play some good music, and expect nothing in return if you sat on his deck with him?

Point should be obvious: deep down... we're all the same. Our vantage points are the only thing that is different. We might not see things the same, but we came to those views on our own very unique paths that if someone else had walked... they'd be there as well.
    It's not hard folks.
    Don't ruffle feathers and always agree with the majority in every thread on this forum.
    Never say anything that you think others may disagree with you could get banned.
    Is what one would say if it were opposite day?
    I don't feel like really anyone is like that on fhe AMT.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    callen said:

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    callen said:

Kiss my blessed ass, callen :cow:
  • hedonist said:

callen said:

Kiss my blessed ass, callen :cow:
    Well,
    It is sunday.
  • PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's not hard folks.
    Don't ruffle feathers and always agree with the majority in every thread on this forum.
    Never say anything that you think others may disagree with you could get banned.
    Is what one would say if it were opposite day?
    I don't feel like really anyone is like that on fhe AMT.
    Lol.

Opposite Day. A classic.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Just saw this

A LETTER TO JESSE HUGUES FROM A FELLOW BATACLAN SURVIVOR

Dear Jesse,

I just finished reading your tacky Taki interview and to tell you the truth, my heart is bleeding. I postponed reading it, thinking: " What's the news, can't be worse than the others, we're used to it". It is worse, and there's no way in hell we will ever get used to this.

I love your music, your concerts mostly (such fun, wild shows) and man, I never thought that you would become one of those spreaders of fear. Fox News, Trump, all those guys. You always felt like a maverick, a rebel: we now know that you are not. We (and by that I mean the rebels, the mavericks, the rock crowd) always loved and defended you because you were a lovable fool and kind of a dumb fuck, like the Three Stooges or Tex Avery's wolf. You now proved your stupidity to be fucking dangerous.

Your comments reopened a nasty wound. So you say the security crew was in on it and was warning every Arab they saw. See, as you can see on this picture some guy took at the scene a few minute before your show began, I happen to be an Arab and to look very much like one. I got a big black curly beard and the skin tone to match it. I also happen to live and breathe rock n' roll. It is, my wife's love aside, the single most important thing in my life. So of course, that warm November night, I was among the crowd at the Bataclan. Wasn't gonna miss an EODM concert, and it was only the first of eight rock shows I had lined up that week.

As I said I live and breathe rock 'n' roll, and I could not look more Muslim if I tried. But apparently, the big bad Muslim conspiracy missed me. Damn, they forgot to warn me. They also forgot to warn Djamila, and all the other Arabs who got shot and killed that very night. They forgot to warn my fellow Moroccan Amin, who was shot that very night. Apparently, a few weeks later, the also forgot to warn Leila, another fellow Morrocan, who got killed in the Ouagadougou attack. Silly international Muslim conspiracy. They really cannot do any job well.

I will not dignify you by narrating how I behaved that night. I have and always will refuse to do that publicly: I do not believe that another bloody Bataclan story could be useful to anyone. You can make your own inquiries and I do not think that you will like what you will discover, for it will certainly not fit your narrow minded, boxed-in image of what a Muslim or an Arab (for apparently you ignore the difference between those two words) can do. I believe that the people I helped that night did not care that I was an Arab, nor did I care which origin they where or which imaginary friend they bow to. We all bleed red, brother. And enough about me.

What pains me most is that you do not even realize that a huge number of us who managed to get out alive of this horrible ordeal owe our lives to a Muslim guy. His name is Didi and he opened the left front door most of us got out of. This guy did something that neither you, me, or anyone else I ever met would ever have done.

You know what he did, this Arab guy, this Muslim? He opened the left front door, let a shitload of people out, and then, while he was safe and sound in the street outside, HE WENT BACK IN. He turned back, and headed back in to save more people. He opened the upstairs exit and let a number of people out through there. That guy, as I said, was nothing like you. Or me.

He was a fucking hero. An unarmed, red-blooded, real-life fucking hero that you just insulted with your racist, hateful comments. You, who are not a hero. You who are, just like me, just a regular guy who happened to be caught in an awful situation and did whatever he could to get out of it and try to help some people around him. So no, your comments are not OK. How is insulting heroes OK?

You say: "Islam is the problem". I say: "All you fucking bigots and your fairytale shit stories are the problem. Racism and refusal to recognize one another as complex (more complex than ethnicity or race can explain) human beings is the problem. Reducing others to what you think you know is the problem." You saw those guys the other night. Those marble-eye, brainwashed, horrible assassin motherfuckers were unable to even recognize a fellow human face. Dude, don't be like that. Just don't. Don't imagine that you are facing that awful fundamentalist deathwave alone. Because this is the world we live in now, and we're all in this shit together. Muslims and Arabs are caught up in it with you, they face dying a random, stupid death like you.

Rock 'n' roll is love, man. LOVE. Look at yourself: you have become a spreader of hate, brother. Try to be more in life like the persona we all love when you are on stage. Try to spread the love. The real love, the kind that sees right through people's beards and skin colors and religious shit and garments, the kind that can unite not only a concert crowd but hopefully a nation, a whole world. I hope you can realize how wrong that shit you spread is, hope you can see all the wrong that you are doing. "There's still time to change the road you're on", brother. Zeppelin's words.
    Just come back to the real spirit of rock 'n' roll, which is that a good rock show should make you wanna fuck or fight. Not rally a nasty conservative politician.

Pax,

Ismael El Iraki

French version here: http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/ismael-el-iraki/jesse-hughes-temoignage-victime-bataclan_b_10114076.html
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    Is this happening right now?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg1ijovAAv8
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    edited July 2016
    I guess. A fireworks truck exploded or something. Why are you watching that nutcase though? Is that the shit you spend time watching??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJ_Soul said:

I guess. A fireworks truck exploded or something. Why are you watching that nutcase though? Is that the shit you spend time watching??

No.
    I came across it while reading about the truck incident and landed on it somehow on you tube.
    And we all know we end up on strange shit on you tube somehow.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    Info Wars - Report first; get the facts later.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

No facts at all and that's a fact
  • Info Wars - Report first; get the facts later.

I don't know anything about this guy from info war nor do I care.
    It is reporting what is happening that's a fact.
    Why are you guys so quick to dismiss a source?
    Is it untrue?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Damn what the fuck this is unreal at least 77 dead ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Is it untrue?
    Maybe, just maybe, you should know something about your "sources" before you post.

Less then 2 minutes on the Google machine gets you your answers. ......

Alex Jones hosts a syndicated talk radio show in America where he fear mongers over conservative conspiracy theories. His theories usually have to do with a malevolent New World Order and how the goverment and big international businesses are colluding with it for nefarious purposes. Common subjects he likes to talk about include chemtrails, the new world order taking over the US government and they're going to take your guns as the first step to institute their fascist regime, FEMA has been building concentration camps to house dissenters of that regime, and basically every terrorist attack against America was a false flag operation by the government. He has a very boisterous on-air persona and is actually pretty entertaining to listen to. He has two websites, infowars.com and prisonplanet.com.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Is it untrue?
    Maybe, just maybe, you should know something about your "sources" before you post.

Alex Jones hosts a syndicated talk radio show in America where he fear mongers over conservative conspiracy theories. His theories usually have to do with a malevolent New World Order and how the goverment and big international busine sses are colluding with it for nefarious purposes. Common subjects he likes to talk about include chemtrails, the new world order taking over the US government and they're going to take your guns as the first step to institute their fascist regime, FEMA has been building concentration camps to house dissenters of that regime, and basically every terrorist attack against America was a false flag operation by the government. He has a very boisterous on-air persona and is actually pretty entertaining to listen to. He has two websites, infowars.com and prisonplanet.com.
    Totally agree with the first two sentences...
  • Info Wars - Report first; get the facts later.

Is it untrue?

Alex Jones hosts a syndicated talk radio show in America where he fear mongers over conservative conspiracy theories. His theories usually have to do with a malevolent New World Order and how the goverment and big international businesses are colluding with it for nefarious purposes. Common subjects he likes to talk about include chemtrails, the new world order taking over the US government and they're going to take your guns as the first step to institute their fascist regime, FEMA has been building concentration camps to house dissenters of that regime, and basically every terrorist attack against America was a false flag operation by the government. He has a very boisterous on-air persona and is actually pretty entertaining to listen to. He has two websites, infowars.com and prisonplanet.com.
    Yeah, I just did a quick google. There are sites like this everywhere.
    I thought it was weird that I was watching it but people on this train didn't mention it yet.
    I was having a tough time believing the narrative as it just seemed like bullshit.
    Nonetheless the fire was happening at the time he was saying shit like that.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited July 2016
    Hang in there Europe. This is going to be happening for decades and probably going to get a lot worse.

I think I read that Germany took in 2.1 million migrants last year. If just a fraction of them radicalize it is big trouble.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414

Hang in there Europe. This is going to be happening for decades and probably going to get a lot worse.

I think I read that Germany took in 2.1 million migrants last year. If just a fraction of them radicalize it is big trouble.

Agreed..the situation here is out of control..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brutal.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
  • PJPOWER said:
    Very little regard for human life. This much is obvious. Look what they put out there for people to see: burning a pilot alive, beheadings, etc.

That stuff alone should be enough to discourage anyone from wanting to join the ranks, but nooo... brainwashed idiots think it's cool.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I don't believe that report. It would take too much time and survivors or first responders would have leaked it.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016

PJPOWER said:
    Very little regard for human life. This much is obvious. Look what they put out there for people to see: burning a pilot alive, beheadings, etc.

That stuff alone should be enough to discourage anyone from wanting to join the ranks, but nooo... brainwashed idiots think it's cool.
    It sickens me that there is not more outrage from the "peaceful muslims" after these events. Do they believe that these numb nuts are getting their virgins or being condemned to hell for such acts? Would be nice to hear a response from someone of the Muslim faith regarding that question. If the Muslim world universally believes that they are being rewarded in the afterlife for such atrocities, then how are they not perpetuating these events and encouraging these fools? I am really trying to understand the apologists out there.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on