*** Quebec City, QC Fanviews Here 5/5/16 ***

Comments

• KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

now thats a proper PJ show, incredible mix of old and new....Bravo. Too bad there were thousands of empty seats...

It was sold outs for months.
    I didn't say it didn't sell out...however, it appeared empty up toward the back, second level. Whatever, as long as there were no tickets left behind....
    Happy for the folks who were there...I'll be getting that boot fo sho.
    oh maybe. I figured they sold those seats since nothing was available on ticketmaster but I obviously could be wrong since I wasn't at the show.
    was watching Purple Rain's periscope (thank you) and at one point he scanned the arena, and i saw back second level was empty. I wasn't there either, so i cant confirm that, but it appeared to empty up there...
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    One of the best shows they've ever played since their conception. Easily best of the tour so far. Mindblowing stuff. That first set has to be one of their greatest sets ever played. Pretty sure they didn't mail this one in haha! What an experience I will never forget.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

now thats a proper PJ show, incredible mix of old and new....Bravo. Too bad there were thousands of empty seats...

I didn't say it didn't sell out...however, it appeared empty up toward the back, second level. Whatever, as long as there were no tickets left behind....
    oh maybe. I figured they sold those seats since nothing was available on ticketmaster but I obviously could be wrong since I wasn't at the show.
    KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

was watching Purple Rain's periscope (thank you) and at one point he scanned the arena, and i saw back second level was empty. I wasn't there either, so i cant confirm that, but it appeared to empty up there...
    I was there it was full, sold out. It was a bit hard too see people up there tho. The upper deck is very high in that place
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    You are is fucking badass

i fucking love that song live....
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    KP_McMinn said:

i fucking love that song live....
    Still chasing it!!! They scratched it from Philly 1 or 2 and I was at both :bawling:

yikes...7x here lol....newark 2010 was the last time though...
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

I was there it was full, sold out. It was a bit hard too see people up there tho. The upper deck is very high in that place
    Yeah, I think a lot of those people were sitting. With the high railings due to sharp angle of seats it made it appear like seats were empty. There were definitely people packed in the upper levels though

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • goingonsixgoingonsix Posts: 55
    Quebec is the new Moline
  • IcemanDorvalIcemanDorval Posts: 450
    What an incredible night it was. Got lots of my favorites played, including Of the Girl, one of the best opener. Severed hand was great, You are was crazy heavy and loud, NAIS is an all-time classic, SOLAT, I'm open into MFC was a fun surprise. Encore 1 was just perfect with Needle and the Damage Done, Thumbing my way, Wash!!!!!!!!! and Sad with Noah on guitar. Eddie's voice sounded great, Mike was on fire! Greatest band! Great memories! Bring on the bootleg!

Here's another review in French: http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/arts/sur-scene/201605/05/01-4978696-le-formidable-marathon-de-pearl-jam.php
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I just read the set list and eh
    WHAT A SHOW on paper at least.
    Congrats Canucks
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    Cant wait for this boot, good thing they are airing the shows from this tour on Sirus PJ radio!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

Quebec is the new Moline

Not if you prefer no code to Binaural.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

waverue said:

If anyone has video or photos from "Sad" or the end when Noah was back up on stage for the bow, please let me know!! (I'm his Mom). I danced and sang along and tried to stay present vs filming. Particularly when Eddie walked him offstage...if anyone has good shots from Stone's side of their hug I would be so grateful. Thanks and what an amazing show....even without the mind blowing thing that happened to our family it was off the charts amazing. So grateful.....

Good on you for trying to stay in the moment rather than watching/recording with your phone. Way more special. And I'm sure you'll find a ton of pictures and videos, not to worry.
    I second this comment. Always best to experience rather than record it. You know soneone will have anyway.

What an incredible moment for your family. Ed is an amazing human being.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    The math is obvious why this one was a great
    NYC2 was the 4th show in 5 days
    QC was 1 show in 5 days
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Pretty damn good setlist I just wish they would retire Baba.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    rssesq said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ixC1VVnDs
    yo!

Wow...don't know why they don't play this one more often. Amazing!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Wow what a show for my first time in GA. I was 1 short girl away from rail but the people I spent the day with in line let me on their spot from black to the end. I got to touch Mike's guitar and scratch his stomach as he walked by lol. Also got a stone pick which I think I'll frame with my wristband and ticket beside the poster when I get my hands on one.
    Lost my mind during last exit, whipping, it's ok, and wash. These guys know how to get me going man lol.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542

Wow what a show for my first time in GA. I was 1 short girl away from rail but the people I spent the day with in line let me on their spot from black to the end. I got to touch Mike's guitar and scratch his stomach as he walked by lol. Also got a stone pick which I think I'll frame with my wristband and ticket beside the poster when I get my hands on one.
    Lost my mind during last exit, whipping, it's ok, and wash. These guys know how to get me going man lol.

Hell yeah! That's awesome.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    waverue said:

If anyone has video or photos from "Sad" or the end when Noah was back up on stage for the bow, please let me know!! (I'm his Mom). I danced and sang along and tried to stay present vs filming. Particularly when Eddie walked him offstage...if anyone has good shots from Stone's side of their hug I would be so grateful. Thanks and what an amazing show....even without the mind blowing thing that happened to our family it was off the charts amazing. So grateful.....

I saw a video on you tube. Somebody filmed the whole song from the screan. You should be proud of your son :)
  • abulrabulr Posts: 80
    KP_McMinn said:

Is it possible you were in the wrong arena?
    I have video of a packed house singing along deep into the 1st encore.
    And there were may have been a few dozen empties at the back of the house when the lights came on for Baba. Prob the Jeremy lovers trying to beat traffic after they got their favorite song.

One thing I will say. Anyone going to QC. Plan/figure out your way back in advance. The taxi line was over a 100ppl long and there was about one taxi every 10-15mins on average. (No über available for over 45mins. Not sure why they don't just run shuttles to the center of town?)

Still can't take away from one of the best sets ever!

Amazing energy from the band.

My friend brought her "Thumbing" sign from MSG and held it up. He said something along the lines of "this one is for some people in that vicinity over there" (didn't catch it exactly) before going into it. It was amazing.

Four shows in seven days (starting with PHI2) and this was the best imo

All I wanted going into this week was Sad and glad I can finally cross that one off the list.

For those who get upset about some of the NY fans wanting more...
    I am always grateful to be at any show of theirs and I'll take their worst show over someone else's best. But one can possibly understand (a little bit) when MSG goers see this set list and say "now why didn't we get that?"

It's because the band has played incredible sets like this, that some nights may seem just 'ok' to others. But I guess you can never please everyone... and some first timer is loving MSG2 (trust me, I know one personally).

In any case. Thank you to the greatest band ever. Again. As always. I am. Grateful. Too...
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    This was definitely one of the best concerts I have ever attended! Thumbing My Way is one of my all time favorites, and when it began, I went crazy! The energy level of the crowd was through the roof, and the band was on fire! So many of my favorites were played, including GTF, Sad, Porch, and so many more. Our seats were fantastic-thanks so much, 10c! This was a night I didn`t want to end, and a night I will never ever forget! Thanks to the best band on the planet! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • KP_McMinn said:

I was there and don't think I saw one empty seat in the whole place. Great show and great crowd. Im guessing the big railings they have in the top level make it look like empty seats.
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    This has my vote for best setlist, on paper, for the tour
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    well, best regular setlist...i still like Gville's set better bc VS in full was so awesome live...but man, Of the Girl, Last Exit, Severed, God's Dice, You are, Whipping, Needle, Wash, NAIS, Sad, MFC...wow...if I got Of the Girl and You Are in the same set I would go ape sh1t.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    edited May 2016
    This was my 25th show and my second show in QC. I saw them at the Colisée Pepsi in 2005. Both times I drove 7 hours from CT and I have also seen all 5 shows in CT. In my opinion, the Centre Vidéotron is so much nicer than Colisée Pepsi as I'll take an expensive state of the art building over a nostalgic crowded concourse building every time. I also love how you can see the arena in the distance when walking around in the city. In 2005 there was no GA and I had 5th row center reserved. This year I had an equally good spot in GA thanks to the experienced Uber driver who dropped us off right at the main entrance and the almost non line at 6:30 p.m. In regard to the show I just want to start off saying that Pearl Jam is a great band. There aren't many real "arena" bands left and Pearl Jam are so professional in how they work the crowd and I really can't think of another "current" band who plays arenas so well. If you think about the current status of music, Country is huge and play amphitheaters and Pop mostly plays stadiums. I also enjoy how much of a showman Eddie is and how well he choreographs a show. I really payed attention and his timing is so impeccable when he raised his hands for the lighting and when he pointed to Stone and Mike for the solos. Also, for those in other posts who say Pearl Jam "mails" it in? Eddie once shook his head and he could of filled a glass with the amount of sweat that spewed from his head. I also really enjoyed how much Jeff and Matt sing backup. As far as the set list, I have to admit that I am bit of a snob as I am addicted to Pearl Jam set list tracker. I sadly overly enjoy trying to cross off songs. Personally, I only crossed off two originals (Of the Girl and Sleeping by Myself) and two covers (NATDD and Surrender) but can we really cross off covers? My main point about the set list is the "anthem" songs. Pearl Jam plays arenas for the general masses and not for the 1 percents like myself. The entire crowd lit up and sang along for the "hits" and "every night" songs such as Alive, Daughter, Even Flow, Jeremy, Small Town, Porch, Black, Corduroy, Better man and DTE. Plus for the person who said this set list was "average" on another post, they played 7 songs from Ten, 4 songs each from Vitalogy, Binaural and Yield, 2 songs each from Vs., Pearl Jam, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, LB and 1 song from No Code. Plus 3 covers and 2 B sides. My actual personal favorite song was You Are as I thought it kicked ass but when I looked around most people looked clueless like they didn't know the song. I also looked around and all of the seats were filled all the way to the top. I love Pearl Jam and though I will probably never cross every song off my list, I always smile when that first song comes on regardless if I have heard it before. I also like to give a shout out to Jeff's scraggly beard and the politeness of the French Canadians. Thumbs up overall.
    Post edited by dlymnfld on
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    edited May 2016
    Longueuil said:
    When is someone going to photoshop this?
    ;)
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • LostUponMyWayLostUponMyWay Posts: 184
    edited May 2016
    That's a great set list! Hope they continue this in Ottawa! See you there.
    Post edited by LostUponMyWay on
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif