Tickets and Posters MSG 1 & 2

So posters went on sell this morning on Bottleneck... 100 seriously. Sold out at shows and couldn't get... Before you start saying limited edition signed keep the rarity to the Bands culture.... I'm just a fan who wants some memorabilia without having to pay triple the price. We paid $2000 for 5 tickets on each night because Fan Club locked everyone out.... That's $4K in tickets plus paid $1500 for 5 family members to fly from Texas and then paid $1200 for room for 2 nights. That's $6700 before taxis and food.....I'm an IDIOT......
If your worried about being rare how about hearing some rarer songs instead of Jeremy and Evenflow or Mind your Manners plus 7 others on back to back nights at the same venue.

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    so confused.....you'll pay $400 a ticket (for 10 tickets!!) but not an extra $100 for a poster?
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    I think this post is you complaining about something........but I can't quite decipher the direction you are going. :rofl:

10C ticketing procedures?
    Limited Edition posters that sell out?
    Pearl Jam's setlist?
    You being an idiot and paying ungodly amounts of money for tickets?

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Seems like a lot of money invested in a vacation dependent on the setlist(s) and the ability to acquire a poster.

The site will likely sell the posters in the future. The AP run # is determined by the artist.

No matter what, those were awesome shows on any measure. I could understand the disappointment if something like Raleigh happened...
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Welcome to the world of concert posters
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • JLank11JLank11 Posts: 31
    Bazar said:

I'm just a fan who wants some memorabilia without having to pay triple the price.

The good news is that $100 is not triple the price!!!!!! So congrats!!!! Enjoy the poster!!!
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218

I think this post is you complaining about something........but I can't quite decipher the direction you are going. :rofl:

10C ticketing procedures?
    Limited Edition posters that sell out?
    Pearl Jam's setlist?
    You being an idiot and paying ungodly amounts of money for tickets?

I think OP needs to calm down and realize he got to see PJ play at MSG. I would have traded places with you any day! Never been to New York either!
  • WebeleafWebeleaf Posts: 34
    From what I gathered as I picked up my will call tickets mid afternoon at MSG. Anyone could enter vendor area and buy posters as long as they made it through metal detector (not to tough). Didn't make sense to me that all of the posters we're sold out by 3 pm when it was only supposed to be Ten Club folks in MSG. Next time I will know better.
    Bob's Your Uncle
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Webeleaf said:

From what I gathered as I picked up my will call tickets mid afternoon at MSG. Anyone could enter vendor area and buy posters as long as they made it through metal detector (not to tough). Didn't make sense to me that all of the posters we're sold out by 3 pm when it was only supposed to be Ten Club folks in MSG. Next time I will know better.

With merch being sold outside before every show....anyone can buy. There is no 10C only merch
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    Webeleaf said:

Just about everyone in the merch line was a fan. Very few straight up flippers. Not all seats were 10c seats at MSG. Not even a third or fourth of the venue.

They only print about 2k posters per these larger shows. There's a 2 poster per person limit and MSG has a capacity of over 15k. You do the math.
  • BazarBazar Posts: 13
    All FANS... R u serious... Look at eBay and all secondary markets... They have posters for sale... Real fans would keep their posters... I love PJ but Trent Reznor does a better job for his fans... U have to show ID to pick up ur tickets before event entry...
    Just saying this Ticket Broker shit is getting rediculous...
  • BazarBazar Posts: 13
    and also MSG has a capacity of 18200.... Imagine that amount of people trying to get merchandise from maybe 10 or 12 booths at the most and 3 or 4 of those had Posters for sale.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Bazar said:

All FANS... R u serious... Look at eBay and all secondary markets... They have posters for sale... Real fans would keep their posters... I love PJ but Trent Reznor does a better job for his fans... U have to show ID to pick up ur tickets before event entry...

Unfortunately, the ticketless entry is illegal in NYS which is a reason PJ had to offer 10c ticket delivery for these shows.

As far as posters go. Yeah, its unfortunate. I think a number of fans buy 2 and maybe even have a partner buy 2 so they can sell them and finance a chunk of their tour. I also doubt that many people of the 100 lucky ones who nabbed Welker's AP were actually at the show.

The flipping/over-competition has gotten a little bit out of hand.
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    edited May 2016
    Bazar said:

people who continue to pay outlandish amounts ( $4k ) for tickets are the ones creating the market... it's odd you're complaining
    Post edited by andrew68 on
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789
    Lets be honest here. Im guessing at least 50% of the fans here are buying those posters 2 at a time in order to flip and finance future travels. Or to cut in to the spending of the show they are at. Anyone who says that real fans don't flip, is just fooling themselves. Go take a look at the Lost Dogs Forum, or as I like to refer it as, "FLIPPER HEAVEN". It is what it is. But don't fool yourself and think that it is just outsiders who are flipping those posters. Don't think the people flipping could care less about the band.

In reality, those flippers are right here in this thread.
    They are right here on this board.
    They are sitting right next to you at the show.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    Bazar said:

Fans as in they were all going to the show. Sucks that most everyone buys two in order to flip or trade one these days, cheating other people out of merch, but if the limit was one, they'd have a hard time selling all their inventory at every show so I get it. Some shows never sell out of the posters, especially if it's deemed to be a crap design.

What I've found this tour is that if you go inside the venue the instant the doors open, it's pretty easy to score a poster as most people don't know they withold a lot of their inventory to sell inside.
  • WebeleafWebeleaf Posts: 34
    I saw people entering MSG on Tuesday afternoon going straight to the vendors and not to pickup will call tickets. Yes they could have been fans and had tickets to show but I was under the impression (my mistake) that only those entering to pickup will call had access to the vendors. I stated I misunderstood the rules and will know better next time. Any time in the past I had been to will call I did not have access to vendors. When I checked ebay at lunch there we're 50 posters being flipped so if only 50 folks we're in the lineup with the intention of flipping posters then I guess the system worked.
    Bob's Your Uncle