Options

first time back @MSG since best friend's sudden death.... ANGEL request

Just posting one more time here on this Forum....Finally returning to the scene of the best show I've ever attended- 5/21/2010. Went with my best friend- we never missed a show together- and it was phenomenal. We would talk at every PJ and EV show about the feeling of loving/listening/following a band from awkward middle school days until we're old and gray and forcing our kids to listen to Dirty Frank.
As is life, it was impossible to realize that was the last show he'd ever see, we'd ever see together. He passed away, suddenly (perfect health.... also mind, body, spirit but that's another story), 2 years later after a treadmill run. It's been 4 years now and attending PJ shows has become so emotional as now there is a need to "find" someone to take my 2nd ticket for each show. This will be the first time back in MSG since his passing and I can't imagine it will be any less amazing, gut wrenching, devastating and perfect. I'm not a religious man but I'm cheating a bit on 5/2 and hoping my friend is looking down and watching the show from above. "Angel" wasn't his favorite song but it's one of the first we both heard (on No Fucking Messiah) and it seems so fitting. Even if Dave Abbruzzese isn't around to help with the chords. The emotions leading up to and during the show will be far and wide mixed with greatness and sadness. I truly can't wait. Miss you buddy. RIP Eric Steinthal
Doesnt fucking matter anyway

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,712
    Didnt know him but

RIP Eric

"And wherever you've gone
    And where ever we might go
    It don't seem fair
    Today just disappeared
    Your lights reflected now
    Reflected from a far
    We were but stones
    Your light made us stars"

Have a great show. I'm sure it'll be an emotional one.
  • Options
    29MinutesOrSo29MinutesOrSo NJ Posts: 32
    Thanks Nick. Nothing drags out every emotion like a night w/PJ
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,712

Thanks Nick. Nothing drags out every emotion like a night w/PJ

Trust me I know. I nearly cried multiple times in philly without any reason to besides pure emotion.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    RIP Eric

Eddie hates Angel though, bc you know... Dave A wrote it.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    29MinutesOrSo29MinutesOrSo NJ Posts: 32
    Isn't time we put those difference aside??? (crossing all fingers and toes)