Toronto Roll Call

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    @ Pearl Jam Toronto ON Wishlist Foundation Preparty Fundraiser
    https://goo.gl/2CYlPx

Hey folks! Both Toronto preparties could use your help and your donations.

Please dig deep and see what you have that you might want to offer up for auction or raffle. It doesn't need to be Pearl Jam related. It can be anything cool that you think members of the fan community would like.

Volunteering is a great way to meet touring fans and do a good thing. Come on, you know you want to!
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    wall232 said:

What will happen if the Raptors keep winning and they have home games the 2nd week of May? Will they work around Pearl Jam's 10th & 11th ACC shows or will PJ postpone one of their shows for May 9th or May 12th?
    I've been worried about this for awhile, really hope the dates don't get changed.

Very possible that a game 5 would happen on the 10th or 11th.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    First round ends on May 1st, which probably means Game 1 of the 2nd round will be the 3rd? If they play a game every other day then game 5 would be the 11th in Toronto. We would need a two day break at some point or I will be selling my May 11th tickets. :(
    NYPJ
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    They usually give an extra day between travel days, so May 10th would fall on game 4. If they make the second round, the Raptors would be ranked higher then their opponent and therefore the series would start at home. Game 4 would be on the road. The PJ shows should probably be good.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    The entire Raptors team will vanish without a trace if they fuck with my May 10th birthday show.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I don't know much about BB, but if I had to guess games 3 and 4 on the road would be May 2 and May4, so game 5 could be as late as May6 or 7. Thoughts?
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Red Lukin said:

I don't know much about BB, but if I had to guess games 3 and 4 on the road would be May 2 and May4, so game 5 could be as late as May6 or 7. Thoughts?

First round ends on May 1st. Second round would probably start on May 3rd. Home games in Toronto would be May 3rd and 5th. 3rd and 4th game out of town, would be 8th, and 10th. 5th game back in Toronto would be the 13th. I think we're good. There are no events around PJ at the ACC, so easy enough to place BB games all around it.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831

Red Lukin said:

First round ends on May 1st. Second round would probably start on May 3rd. Home games in Toronto would be May 3rd and 5th. 3rd and 4th game out of town, would be 8th, and 10th. 5th game back in Toronto would be the 13th. I think we're good. There are no events around PJ at the ACC, so easy enough to place BB games all around it.
    I believe NBA rules over the concert. Raptors already bumped The Who a day.
    Hopefully the Raptors end the first round early and the next round starts earlier.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    mikesbri said:

Red Lukin said:

Hopefully the Raptors end the first round early and the next round starts earlier.
    I don't think it matters when the first round ends, the second round won't start for them until after May 1st.
    NYPJ
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    With all the cool/epic setlists that the band keep churning out I can't help but wonder if any "surprises" will be left for Toronto? I guess these guys will have something up their sleeves - they always do.
    edited April 2016
    mikesbri said:

Red Lukin said:

Uh oh. The Raptors won again last night.
    (Sorry, I really shouldn't be making posts that may cause people some anxiety...but there you have it.)
    rummy said:

With all the cool/epic setlists that the band keep churning out I can't help but wonder if any "surprises" will be left for Toronto? I guess these guys will have something up their sleeves - they always do.

You heard it here first ..

Side A of Lost Dogs Toronto Night 1
    Side B of Lost Dogs Toronto Night 2

Let's do this!!
    edited April 2016
    demetrios said:

rummy said:

You heard it here first ..

Side A of Lost Dogs Toronto Night 1
    Side B of Lost Dogs Toronto Night 2

Let's do this!!
    I can appreciate why many of you want this - especially if you've seen dozens and dozens of show - but this is only my fourth show. I've yet to hear Release, STBC, In My Tree, Breath, Blood, GG, Garden, Deep, Why Go, Whipping, Leash, etc, etc, etc.

Post edited by rummy on
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

They usually give an extra day between travel days, so May 10th would fall on game 4. If they make the second round, the Raptors would be ranked higher then their opponent and therefore the series would start at home. Game 4 would be on the road. The PJ shows should probably be good.

I think this is right
    BS44325 said:

I think this is right
    Just two (long) weeks to go!
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Wasn't thrilled about going through StubHub for tickets.. but super stoked that I can FINALLY include myself in this. See you all May 11th for sure and most likely 10th.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Parksy said:

Wasn't thrilled about going through StubHub for tickets.. but super stoked that I can FINALLY include myself in this. See you all May 11th for sure and most likely 10th.

Great attitude!
    Best money you've spent in a long time I bet.
    Enjoy the show.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Don't stub hub. Production release tickets will drop.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    100 Pacer said:

Don't stub hub. Production release tickets will drop.

Are the production drops usually the day of show at the box office?

I have a pair in 116 but I'm not sure how the view will be from there. Was thinking of trying to upgrade but not for the prices tickets are going for on stubhub.
    They do ticket drops all the time. My friend hours ago scored Philly tickets on Ticketmaster. Pretty sweet seats right by Mike.

Every few hours of the day keep checking Ticketmaster for ticket drops.
    Freaking Raptors keep winning. I don't want to wish them bad luck cause I saw the thread where people were hoping the Rangers would lose to secure the MSG dates and it sucked, but damn these Raptors! I already explained to my boss the situation and he is cool with me doing whatever I need to do, just hope that my wife's boss is as cool if the dates get moved.
    NYPJ
    edited April 2016
    I don't know if this helps but...
    Game #5 of the Thunder and Spurs series is scheduled for May 10th. Assuming Toronto goes on to beat Indiana they will be at home during Game #5. This may seem like bad news initially but a three of the four Round #1 East series are going long - and the NBA doesn't mind starting Round #2 even if Round #1 is still going on somewhere else. So, the Raps should be playing Games #3 and #4 around May 10th/11th - on the road!!!!! :-)

Edit: ...oh, kinda what "Walking the miles" said a few days ago.
    Post edited by rummy on
    demetrios said:

They do ticket drops all the time. My friend hours ago scored Philly tickets on Ticketmaster. Pretty sweet seats right by Mike.

There's another "Inside Edge" promo going on right now: http://www.edge.ca/see-pearl-jam-in-a-private-box/
    rummy said:

Game #5 of the Thunder and Spurs series is scheduled for May 10th. Assuming Toronto goes on to beat Indiana they will be at home during Game #5. This may seem like bad news initially but a three of the four Round #1 East series are going long - and the NBA doesn't mind starting Round #2 even if Round #1 is still going on somewhere else. So, the Raps should be playing Games #3 and #4 around May 10th/11th - on the road!!!!! :-)

Fingers crossed.
    NYPJ
    rummy said:

demetrios said:

There's another "Inside Edge" promo going on right now: http://www.edge.ca/see-pearl-jam-in-a-private-box/
    Cool. Do you know if there was one for May 10th's show?
  • realbarabbarealbarabba Posts: 65
    edited April 2016
    rummy said:

i've never seen NBA playoffs..... at the beginning i was thinking something like "but could be possible that when scheduled PJ shows in Toronto they didn't think about Raptors go futher?"
    But when i saw what happened to The Who gig... WTF!!!!!
    I will leave Canada May 12th and back to Europe!
    Could they really reschedule 1 or even both???
    i know.. i know... you'll say "wait and see..." but it's hard!

by the way: i hate your playoffs!!!!! I love football (what you called, i don't know why, soccer). No playoffs! The game schedule's made in july and till the end of the season you know where you play and were!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by realbarabba on
  • hoyatonehoyatone Posts: 143
    Anyone have an extra for TOR1, interested in trading for one of my extra MSG1 or MSG2? My tickets are TM, not 10c.

rummy said:

i've never seen NBA playoffs..... at the beginning i was thinking something like "but could be possible that when scheduled PJ shows in Toronto they didn't think about Raptors go futher?"
    But when i saw what happened to The Who gig... WTF!!!!!
    I will leave Canada May 12th and back to Europe!
    Could they really reschedule 1 or even both???
    i know.. i know... you'll say "wait and see..." but it's hard!

by the way: i hate your playoffs!!!!! I love football (what you called, i don't know why, soccer). No playoffs! The game schedule's made in july and till the end of the season you know where you play and were!!!!!!!!!!!
    The playoffs are very exciting (and great for various revenues) but I do see you point: they greatly marginalize the regular season - and potentially mess up concert schedules!

Again, I don't think it'll be an issue, however.