Options

SOLD: 2010 MSG Donkey Kong Ames Bros. Poster - Very Good Condition

2»

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Anyone watch the damaged Kong on ebay get sold for over $500?

Get your poster game on lock people! Crackerjack, Pit Munk and Moline are gonna go up...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2015

Get your poster game on lock people! Crackerjack, Pit Munk and Moline are gonna go up...

This used to be my Grail. Now the price has gotten so high that it's best for me to pretend like it never existed.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635

Yep, very happy I have the Cracker Jack and Pitt munk in frames on my wall
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

You think Moline will go up? Prices seem to have settled down quite a bit after the initial fever for that print.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    dankind said:

sdavis said:

Who doesn't love Donkey Kong!

Well, Mario, for one -- and I'm sure that Pauline dame isn't crazy about him either.
    Heheehe
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

You think Moline will go up? Prices seem to have settled down quite a bit after the initial fever for that print.
    One is at $300 right now. I spend wayyyyy too much time watching this stuff...
  • Options

Anyone watching the real market today? 1000 pts just after opening. Yikes.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345

It looks like it has a bent top-left corner, and a slight bend in the bottom-left corner aswell. But, I think it would still look good if someone framed it. These things are slowly popping up on ebay.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    dankind said:

This used to be my Grail. Now the price has gotten so high, that it's best for me to pretend like it never existed.
    :lol: I'm like that with the Wrigley ones too. It's still I think the only show we never got any posters from where we actually liked the posters. Oh well. You win, you lose. And you might have limited wall space too :smiley:

• Options

What's so real about it?

:bee:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

What's so real about it?

:bee:
    Hehehe!! You're on a roll this morning!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited August 2015

dankind said:

This used to be my Grail. Now the price has gotten so high, that it's best for me to pretend like it never existed.
    :lol: I'm like that with the Wrigley ones too. It's still I think the only show we never got any posters from where we actually liked the posters. Oh well. You win, you lose. And you might have limited wall space too :smiley:

Goddamn it! Look at that comma splice. Thirty lashes for that one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Mattchew said:

It looks like it has a bent top-left corner, and a slight bend in the bottom-left corner aswell. But, I think it would still look good if someone framed it. These things are slowly popping up on ebay.
    Moline was at $300...

$250+ is the going rate now, wow.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Moline was at $300...

$250+ is the going rate now, wow.

That's just crazy....I mean it's a cool print but I never thought it would get to that level.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I had to sell my Kong years ago, I miss it, but not at that price! dang...

There were tons of those posters being sold at the show too. I remember seeing scalpers walking out with stacks and stacks of them, I bet now they don't even know what they ended up having.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options

There were tons of those posters being sold at the show too. I remember seeing scalpers walking out with stacks and stacks of them, I bet now they don't even know what they ended up having.

Yeah, and those scalpers are the reason I (and many others) didn't get one.

Fuckers.

Sucks that they sold it outside the venue.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Mine is framed. Pic is on EB somewhere
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,865
    dankind said:

Yeah, and those scalpers are the reason I (and many others) didn't get one.

Fuckers.

Sucks that they sold it outside the venue.
    I didn't see any of that, I missed them outside (which is ridiculous since anyone can buy) and I got one of the last few before they sold out at a stand inside (where there was a limit of 2).

I can guess 1 reason more are showing up now. I've been storing mine hoping to frame it someday. I showed my wife a picture of a framed one the other night and she said "No way". So that could be one reason lol.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Yeah, by the time I got into the venue -- and I got to my seats right before Band of Horses took the stage (so ... early-ish) -- they were cleaned out on the floor level stands. I thought about heading upstairs to check the other levels' stands and then, if I struck out there, back down to see if mine were being replenished, but I chose to check out Band of Horses instead.

I just tell myself that they weren't available up there either. And Band of Horses was pretty impressive.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I have a Kong for sale. I bought it after market and have kept it stored flat for about a year. Need to recoup what I spent, but not trying to gouge anyone. email me james dot m dot sims at gmail
    Dallas, Texas (April 19, 1992), Dallas, Texas (September 06, 1992), Dallas, Texas (November 12, 1993), Austin, Texas (September 16, 1995), Dallas, Texas (July 05, 1998), The Woodlands, Texas (October 14, 2000), The Woodlands, Texas (October 15, 2000), Austin, Texas (October 04, 2009), Arras, France (July 03, 2010), East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011), Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011), Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013), Oklahoma City, OK (November 16, 2013), Austin, TX (October 12, 2014), New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (April 23, 2016), Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016), Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)
  • Options

Stole the matting idea from someone else on here: image

Not sure if I was the one, but I also have the same fame style!