*** Hampton, VA Fanviews Here 4/18/16 ***

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    CopperTom said:

mrussel1 said:

CopperTom said:

Fun fact: supposedly, that's the same knucklehead that was ejected from the Reading 2004 show. 1 ass, 2 ejections.

Really?? 12 years and no behavior changes. Impressive.
    He was carried out of Reading by several security guards. He walked out of Hampton. That's growth, I guess.

I was "lucky" enough to have seen both.
    I wish you hey could identify this moron and not waste any future GA tickets on him.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I didn't realize I'd never seen Long Road either. Damn, that's three new songs I got!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    nicknyr15 said:

CopperTom said:

mrussel1 said:

CopperTom said:

Fun fact: supposedly, that's the same knucklehead that was ejected from the Reading 2004 show. 1 ass, 2 ejections.

Really?? 12 years and no behavior changes. Impressive.
    He was carried out of Reading by several security guards. He walked out of Hampton. That's growth, I guess.

I was "lucky" enough to have seen both.
    I wish you hey could identify this moron and not waste any future GA tickets on him.
    oh, I know precisely what he looks like. Big dude. 6 4" probably. 240. wearing a hat, light hair, light skin... hates signs that say "Oceans" for some unknown reason.
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    This one will probably go down as the most underrated show of the tour, I'm guessing at this point.

Although to make sure we have some perspective, I've only counted about 7 negative/mixed remarks on this thread, compared to the approx 32 remarks of those who enjoyed it.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

This one will probably go down as the most underrated show of the tour, I'm guessing at this point.

Although to make sure we have some perspective, I've only counted about 7 negative/mixed remarks on this thread, compared to the approx 32 remarks of those who enjoyed it.

Pretty sure you'll find the majority like any concert. Some just from reading a setlist and by actually being there.

It was a solid show. Most underrated? How so?

I'm still surprised at the number of fans that sat almost the entire concert....almost entire sections. It was weird. A very weird environment for a show. And that was with a hit heavy set. Crazy. Not sure if travel to VA for another show unless I can get 10c tickets. It helps me enjoy the show to be around others that are digging it. More fun.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    The fine people sitting next to me sat almost the entire time, but fuck it. It was a great show and performance and I enjoyed every second of it. I was also at Greenville, and that show was special for obvious reasons, but this one was right up there as well imho.
    edited April 2016

Pretty sure you'll find the majority like any concert. Some just from reading a setlist and by actually being there.

I'm still surprised at the number of fans that sat almost the entire concert....almost entire sections. It was weird. A very weird environment for a show. And that was with a hit heavy set. Crazy. Not sure if travel to VA for another show unless I can get 10c tickets. It helps me enjoy the show to be around others that are digging it. More fun.
    Reasons for possibly most underrated:
    1.A completely seperate thread calling it "Hampton Horrible." No other show has been singled out like that. Fans see that and read it, without even being there, many will just automatically think it's a lesser show. Humans are drawn to negativity. Unfortunately. But the op has every right to post his view. But so do I. :)
    2. More mixed reactions here than on the rest of the shows so far (with exception of maybe Tampa).
    3. The boot will reflect a much tighter show, I think, than what some are making it out to be because of SBM. Columbia was much more loose and rough on the edges in performance than Hampton. So I feel personally, the performance and set slow is underrated too.
    4. Divisions on the crowd, even though the band seemed to enjoy them. I watched Ed smile almost all night, lot of energy, and praising the crowd that many aren't discussing.

I personally disagree on the setlist being hits heavy. Arras 10 and ATL 12 are hits heavy. There's enough deep cuts in there at Hampton. But it's just arguing personal taste and what counts as rare. I feel BOJ, Faithfull, I Am Mine, Inside Job, Sad, IMT, and Habit are fairly deep cuts that check that mark just fine.

If people enjoy a show sitting down, I have no right to tell them to stand. My dad sat the whole show but adored every second. I sat a bit, and was able to really soak in the music. It's just different for different people. But anyways, underrated for the reasons mentioned. Again my friend, just an opinion :) I wish others would have had the time I did, as did many others, but we all perceive differently. And that's cool. It's no different than personal taste in any other art form. It's subjective. But subjectively, I feel this will be an underrated show when boots start coming out. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much, but I've been there too. I didn't enjoy Cville 13 as much as most others. It happens.
    Post edited by TamaDrummer91 on

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    edited April 2016
    Double post, oops

edited April 2016

1.A completely seperate thread calling it "Hampton Horrible." No other show has been singled out like that. Fans see that and read it, without even being there, many will just automatically think it's a lesser show. Humans are drawn to negativity. Unfortunately. But the op has every right to post his view. But so do I. :)
    2. More mixed reactions here than on the rest of the shows so far (with exception of maybe Tampa).
    3. The boot will reflect a much tighter show, I think, than what some are making it out to be because of SBM. Columbia was much more loose and rough on the edges in performance than Hampton. So I feel personally, the performance and set slow is underrated too.
    4. Divisions on the crowd, even though the band seemed to enjoy them. I watched Ed smile almost all night, lot of energy, and praising the crowd that many aren't discussing.

I personally disagree on the setlist being hits heavy. Arras 10 and ATL 12 are hits heavy. There's enough deep cuts in there at Hampton. But it's just arguing personal taste and what counts as rare. I feel BOJ, Faithfull, I Am Mine, Inside Job, Sad, IMT, and Habit are fairly deep cuts that check that mark just fine.

If people enjoy a show sitting down, I have no right to tell them to stand. My dad sat the whole show but adored every second. I sat a bit, and was able to really soak in the music. It's just different for different people. But anyways, underrated for the reasons mentioned. Again my friend, just an opinion :) I wish others would have had the time I did, as did many others, but we all perceive differently. And that's cool. It's no different than personal taste in any other art form. It's subjective. But subjectively, I feel this will be an underrated show when boots start coming out. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much, but I've been there too. I didn't enjoy Cville 13 as much as most others. It happens.
    Marcus

I agree with everything you said, in totality, until the comment on cville. I loved that show and stands as my favorite I've attended in at least ten years.

But whatever. Everything else was dead on. The first set in particular at Hampton was spectacular.
  • I was at Hampton and it was awesome! I was a little bummed for missing out on the Vs. album, which is my favorite, however that was gone very quickly.

I was at the back of the GA section and everybody around me was rocking out! I loved the energetic start and the main set was great. Loved to hear Long Road, the little yield teaser with Brain of J and Faithfull and I am Mine. Highlight for me was the first encore which just blew my mind! Patriot, Come back, my absolute favorite SAD, In my tree and Breath. Great closer encore with one of the most underrated songs Inside Job. Setlist wise one of my favorite concerts of PJ I have seen so far!

Ultimately:
    33 songs in 3 hours and 15 minutes of Pearl Jam who can complain about that.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
    mrussel1 said:

Marcus

I agree with everything you said, in totality, until the comment on cville. I loved that show and stands as my favorite I've attended in at least ten years.

But whatever. Everything else was dead on. The first set in particular at Hampton was spectacular.
    Cville was still a damn good show though, no doubt. It was more of a personal thing for me at the time that dampened it a tad for me.

mrussel1 said:

Marcus

Also on the topic of Hampton, I kicked myself in the butt for not asking you and the lady that was there in line with us if you guys just wanted to come up the line with me and Bill where that side I was on moved faster. Or at least I could have told you if they were running low I'd grab you a poster while I was up there. My fault man. I apologize.

But yeah, it was a rocking show. I personally could do without the negativity on here sometimes. It was one thing that killed my mood for Cville 13. It's this mentality that either your show has to be the best, downplay others, nitpick the shit out of everything, and all the meanwhile forgetting why you're really there. Like you said either on this thread or the other Hampton one, the experiences leading up to a show can make or break it, it's not always just about the show itself sometimes. For me, I got to meet some cool people in merch line and hang out with my pops before seeing a fantastic rock show. I couldn't have been happier. He loved the show too.

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Cville was great because of the atmosphere and sound. The setlist was solid and the crowd was just so laid back as far as parking, merch lines, bathrooms, beer stands, you name it. Energetic during the show and you could tell the band loved it.
    Hampton was a slightly better setlist although about half were the same tunes as C'ville. GA was a cool experience.If I had to pick between them to see again, I would toss them in a hat and choose.Cant wait for the boot.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

mrussel1 said:

Marcus

Also on the topic of Hampton, I kicked myself in the butt for not asking you and the lady that was there in line with us if you guys just wanted to come up the line with me and Bill where that side I was on moved faster. Or at least I could have told you if they were running low I'd grab you a poster while I was up there. My fault man. I apologize.

But yeah, it was a rocking show. I personally could do without the negativity on here sometimes. It was one thing that killed my mood for Cville 13. It's this mentality that either your show has to be the best, downplay others, nitpick the shit out of everything, and all the meanwhile forgetting why you're really there. Like you said either on this thread or the other Hampton one, the experiences leading up to a show can make or break it, it's not always just about the show itself sometimes. For me, I got to meet some cool people in merch line and hang out with my pops before seeing a fantastic rock show. I couldn't have been happier. He loved the show too.
    Don't kick yourself at all bro. We all got poster, pin and stickers. There was plenty to go around. You just chose the correct line that had three people working. You just got them 10 min earlier than we did. It was really cool meeting you after all this time. That was a nice surprise.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Worth every min of my 6.5 hour drive. My wife and I left with our jaws on the floor.
  • waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    edited April 2016
    Had an amazing night!! Not sure if this is ok to post here but the person we purchased an extra poster for did not end up wanting it. Happy to sell at face plus shipping or trade for Miami. Posting here because I would love for it to go to a fan who was at the show and had an amazing night as we did but who missed out on a poster. Thanks!
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited April 2016
    I took myself a decent internet sabbatical during my Hampton, golf in Myrtle Beach, Columbia, and then a wedding outside of Charlottesville (of all places) week of go go go. No phone (except for Google maps, and phone calls) and no computer.
    If you can get away from big brother, even for a day, I recommend it.

The wife and I GA'ed it, showed up at 330pm and ended up 3 people deep on Stoney's side. Met nothing but super cool people. I thought the show was excellent. I dealt with a totally different GA douchebag wearing the black 2016 tour t-shirt who suddenly arrived with a beer drop that I heard and that I felt on the back of my legs. If you encountered him, you'd know. I turned around and I had a new 50 year old buddy (I'll be fifty this year, so I can tell...) who felt he needed to be completely up my ass during the entirety of Wishlist. I immediately told him that he was WAY to close to me, to which he replied that I had no monopoly on space. He also kindly told me that he had no problem "taking me out", and asked me "what happened to southern hospitality", and even though I had on a Red Sox hat he suggested I "go back to Jersey". Jesus. It is pretty difficult to shift gears from "I'm having the best time in the world" to "is this sort of bigger than me asshole going to ruin my shit with my wife standing here". My response to him was a pretty mellow fuck you bro, which then became this overextended exercise in him becoming even more belligerent, pushy and doooshy. He then proceeded to cruise right on in front of me and said "you fucking hate me now, don't you?" I confirmed that, ("Oh I do fucking hate you...") just so he knew, but with a huge smile on my face. I assumed at that point he wasn't going to get physical with me, because if it hadn't happened right away or already, then I figured it wasn't going to. An incongruent smile in a situation like that can pretty disarming...
    Unfortunately for him, his move forward had him set up directly behind the biggest dude in our area (my former spot) AND he timed it right as Sirens started. I cozied up right next to his ear, put my hand on his shoulder...like way too close. "How's the view up there, are you fucking happy now, doooooosh?", all the while I'm maintaining this maniacal smile. I started serenading him as loudly and off key as possible right in his ear. "Heear the siiiiiireeeeeeens?" Everyone in the area was aware of what was happening, mostly because of my loud vocal bitching. Shortly thereafter, the big dude in front of both of us with the headband had just about enough and moved him back behind me like an offensive lineman. Douche made another attempt to stick around but I was like you gotta get the fuck away from me and my wife, dude.
    Sorry if my complaining bothered anyone.

Except for the aforementioned experience, I loved every second of this show.
    Habit was the perfect outro to that short shitshow, and snapped me right back into go mode.
    They can play Inside Job any time they want.
    Sleeping By Myself finished off the Lightning Bolt LP for me. Although, I did hear Ed do it in Providence by himself.
    This was my 3rd show in a row with zero Backspacer tunes.
    Columbia's Got Some broke the streak. That's for a diff fanview.

I have a lot of photos from this show (as does everyone else...) I sort of like this one.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Marcus

Don't kick yourself at all bro. We all got poster, pin and stickers. There was plenty to go around. You just chose the correct line that had three people working. You just got them 10 min earlier than we did. It was really cool meeting you after all this time. That was a nice surprise.
    Good deal, man. I concur, it was a great surprise how that worked out meeting in the merch line! My old man was asking me after the gig, "What did Matt think of the show?" Ha. He said if BTN makes a video for Hampton he wants a copy too. Thanks again for the pins, I really dig that Miami Vice themed one for Miami.

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Marcus

Good deal, man. I concur, it was a great surprise how that worked out meeting in the merch line! My old man was asking me after the gig, "What did Matt think of the show?" Ha. He said if BTN makes a video for Hampton he wants a copy too. Thanks again for the pins, I really dig that Miami Vice themed one for Miami.
    I'm fairly certain Miami Vice will be the blu ray theme for that show.
  • joemazz17joemazz17 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 4
    DP285625 said:

nycrats said:

DP285625 said:

nycrats said:

Ed tells him to “give it up, we already caught you being a douchebag, you are out of here. See you next time.”)

Any more details on this guy, anyone have an interaction? What was he doing?

I was right near the incident. The guy who got kicked out or his gf was holding up a small neon green sign during Lightning Bolt. I noticed what was going on when a tank topped bro ripped the sign out of their hands and threw it back behind him. The "douchebag" reached back to have someone hand him back his sign, and words were exchanged with him and the bro and a little scuffle ensued.

Sort of felt bad for the guy, but I'd never bring a fucking sign in the pit knowing that it's just going to block everyone's view. I feel bad enough if I break out my iPhone to snap a pic or two.

It was my first time getting lucky enough to have GA tickets for PJ. I've never had 10c ticket luck. I met a bunch of nice people and no one was pushing or shoving and other than that one incident it was very peaceful. I did expect it to be a little more crazy up front and center, but I'd rather it be a little calm than a mosh pit.

I was a little disappointed in the sound. I felt like because the main speakers were basically behind us, the sound felt dead and flat. I can't complain too much being 4 rows dead center from the stage.
    interesting so the guy who got kicked out was the sign holder or the sign knocker?
    He was the sign holder... him or his ladyfriend. The tank topped bro tore it out of their hands and threw it behind him. The guy who got kicked out was just trying to retrieve the sign when the scuffle ensued. Beer plus chivalry makes the scuffles like that happen. The bro was in the wrong imo.
    I was involved in the incident. I was not the tank top bro, but was standing right next to him the entire show.
    To those who want to know what happened, allow me to set the scene...
    Entire night, the area where I was located was a great crowd. I knew one person, and that was my wife who was attending her 2nd PJ show, first in GA. Tank top bro was on my left, big fellow, muscular but as friendly as they come. To our right was a mother and daughter, probably 20 and 40 something each. Behind us were people who kept their spot but also didn't invade anyone's space. The same can be said for the folks in front of us. Everyone was rocking out and having a good time, dancing, singing, jumping and shouting along with the songs, at no time did I ever feel like someone was invading my personal area. The crowd was also nice enough to allow you back to your spot if you had to use the restroom, no questions asked. Everyone was looking out for each other basically from the time we got in the doors.
    I was located about 3 people back from the rail behind a guy who was about 6'2...I'm 5'8 on a good day! The people in front of us would make sure the shorter folks could see from time to time and would sort of just sway back and forth. There was picture sharing and continual talk amongst everyone all night. I can guarantee you that if you were in the same area as I was, you had a great time, enjoyed the show, and even learned a little something about where your "neighbor" was from.
    So now for "the scene" the guy and girlfriend who were kicked out, sloppily pushed their way from behind the tank top bro and myself. They weren't right behind us at all through the entire night, so not really sure how far back they were or where they came from. After getting in front of me, they were stopped two people back from the rail. The people around us stopped and just started looking around asking "what the F just happened", because nobody tried to push to the front all night in our area until now.
    The guy was a bigger guy, probably 6'4 or so...his girlfriend probably my height, around 5'8. The girlfriend began to hold a neon green sign up in front of all of us, but especially in front of the tank top bro's view.
    Now I am not siding with tank top bro, because he did take the sign out of the girlfriends hands as she was holding it up in front of him, but I would like to think he was looking out for all of our best interests and was the person who set the tone for what happened next...I can with absolute certainty tell you that the guy and girlfriend were not too happy when their sign was taken. The girlfriend started to MF tank top bro, and the guy turned around and started shouting at all of us as well.
    Well my wife being my wife had some words for the couple, she basically yelled at them for pushing their way forward and told them to get back to their spaces. At this point the guy began to shout obscenities at my wife. Small scuffle ensued (not sure who in their right mind would've pushed this big, ignorant drunk man), but that's what happened. Immediately, the entire crowd started pointing at the guy and his girlfriend, who tried to make a run for it away from security...but as you all know, EV helped to point him out and all was back to being right and just in the world.
    As a sidebar to explain how the crowd was in this area, EV stood on the rail towards the end of Porch (which was two songs later), right in front of all of us. So EV trusted the people in our area enough to know that we were not the douchebag who caused that ruckus, but we were the true fans who would hold him up and not try to pull him in or let him fall.
    Buffalo 96. Pittsburgh 98, 00, 03, 05, 06. Virginia Beach 08. Cincinnati 14. Hampton VA 16.
    ^^I didn't think there was any doubt that the dude that pushed forward was the cause of the scene. He was about 2 people behind me most of the night and kept yelling at teh Oceans sign. I really doubt it was blocking his view. When he got booted, I couldn't believe that he made it up there. But I wasn't surprised considering the indiscriminate yelling that was happening leading up to it.
    First time buying GA tickets via 10C. The experience was unreal! Got to the amphitheater around 2pm, figured to be about 300 people back...probably ended up closer to 150-200 people back in line, which worked out to my "seats" being 3 deep off the rail just off center stage. Talked with a friend who flew from Cali to FLA for the Ft Lauderdale show and then the Tampa show, he was on the rail for both and said he was there early, like 7am or the day before type of early. So my expectations weren't high due to my arrival time, but being so close after arriving so late was almost a perfect scenario.
    Setlist was solid, I am not a fan of Setting Forth or I am a Patriot, but that's just personal preference. If they would've played Crown of Thorns and Just Breathe in their place, that would've been almost a perfect setlist for me. I felt like they had a steady mix of soft to rock and kept things very entertaining with their usual interactions. The sound didn't seem to be off like others are stating. I thought everything was loud and clear when it needed to be.
    The crowd around me was pretty unreal. Tank top bro, Tall Aaron, Jason, Mike, the mother and daughter were all fans and rocked out with my wife (Mallory) and I all night. Not a mosh pit, but plenty of jumping around and having fun singing along. Pictures and videos were being taken all night, but nobody was rude or inconsiderate about any of it.
    You've all probably read about my involvement in the "incident" during LB, and that still didn't ruin the show for us! You always have one doucher in the audience, but the others around us handled the situation so that the rest of the crowd were able to enjoy the show...thank you security and thank you EV for doing so!
    This show will probably be my favorite show of all time, only because of being so close to EV when he was standing on the rail for Porch. After looking at the setlist for Columbia, I was almost jealous...but not too much will beat having EV pretty much sweating on you while singing Porch.
    To put this into perspective, at the Buffalo 96 show, I crowd surfed from mid pit in GA all the way to the stage and in 06 I got a setlist and drumsticks from the Pittsburgh show. I guess every 10 years I am blessed with a PJ moment of sorts!
    Buffalo 96. Pittsburgh 98, 00, 03, 05, 06. Virginia Beach 08. Cincinnati 14. Hampton VA 16.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited April 2016
    joemazz17 said:

First time buying GA tickets via 10C. The experience was unreal! Got to the amphitheater around 2pm, figured to be about 300 people back...probably ended up closer to 150-200 people back in line, which worked out to my "seats" being 3 deep off the rail just off center stage. Talked with a friend who flew from Cali to FLA for the Ft Lauderdale show and then the Tampa show, he was on the rail for both and said he was there early, like 7am or the day before type of early. So my expectations weren't high due to my arrival time, but being so close after arriving so late was almost a perfect scenario.
    Setlist was solid, I am not a fan of Setting Forth or I am a Patriot, but that's just personal preference. If they would've played Crown of Thorns and Just Breathe in their place, that would've been almost a perfect setlist for me. I felt like they had a steady mix of soft to rock and kept things very entertaining with their usual interactions. The sound didn't seem to be off like others are stating. I thought everything was loud and clear when it needed to be.
    The crowd around me was pretty unreal. Tank top bro, Tall Aaron, Jason, Mike, the mother and daughter were all fans and rocked out with my wife (Mallory) and I all night. Not a mosh pit, but plenty of jumping around and having fun singing along. Pictures and videos were being taken all night, but nobody was rude or inconsiderate about any of it.
    You've all probably read about my involvement in the "incident" during LB, and that still didn't ruin the show for us! You always have one doucher in the audience, but the others around us handled the situation so that the rest of the crowd were able to enjoy the show...thank you security and thank you EV for doing so!
    This show will probably be my favorite show of all time, only because of being so close to EV when he was standing on the rail for Porch. After looking at the setlist for Columbia, I was almost jealous...but not too much will beat having EV pretty much sweating on you while singing Porch.
    To put this into perspective, at the Buffalo 96 show, I crowd surfed from mid pit in GA all the way to the stage and in 06 I got a setlist and drumsticks from the Pittsburgh show. I guess every 10 years I am blessed with a PJ moment of sorts!

How is 3 back from the rail? Did a lot of people join the line after you? I am contemplating if it is worth it to stand around for 7 hours to get closer to the rail or just show up at doors open and see what I get. Its my first time in GA as well. Glad you had an unreal time!
    Post edited by PJNB on
    mikey's side fills up quicker...
    PJNB said:

joemazz17 said:

How is 3 back from the rail? Did a lot of people join the line after you? I am contemplating if it is worth it to stand around for 7 hours to get closer to the rail or just show up at doors open and see what I get. Its my first time in GA as well. Glad you had an unreal time!
    I don't think it's worth it personally. If you walk in at 630, you are plenty close.
    PJNB
    3 back from the rail was pretty awesome! As for the best method for enjoying the show and getting closer, I think that is an opinion thing. Me personally, if I had the time and luxury of getting there at 7am, I would probably do so at least once to make sure I was on the rail. For this show in Hampton, we arrived and got in the "GA ticket line" around 2pm. After speaking with some folks near us, the line kind of stopped around 11am until we got there, not many people got behind us until closer to 5pm, so I would say it is different with each show. This show was on a Monday in a not so large city, so I'm only guessing here, but I would think that is why I ended up so close. If you were to try to wait until doors open say in MSG, you might be way further back than you might like...but again, that is just my guess.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    joemazz17 said:

PJNB
    3 back from the rail was pretty awesome! As for the best method for enjoying the show and getting closer, I think that is an opinion thing. Me personally, if I had the time and luxury of getting there at 7am, I would probably do so at least once to make sure I was on the rail. For this show in Hampton, we arrived and got in the "GA ticket line" around 2pm. After speaking with some folks near us, the line kind of stopped around 11am until we got there, not many people got behind us until closer to 5pm, so I would say it is different with each show. This show was on a Monday in a not so large city, so I'm only guessing here, but I would think that is why I ended up so close. If you were to try to wait until doors open say in MSG, you might be way further back than you might like...but again, that is just my guess.

Ya pretty much what I figured. I can not get there at a time to secure a rail spot as we are arriving after lunch. I would hate to be in line all day just to have a handful of people come in behind us but I would also like to guarantee a good spot. Thanks for the advice.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

Ultimately 33 songs in 3 hours and 15 minutes of Pearl Jam who can complain about that.

Most likely, Pearl Jam fans will

Some might still be holding grudge for NC...

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129

mikey's side fills up quicker...

It should. There is nothing like being in the first few rows in front of Mike. Worth the time in line.
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016

I dealt with a totally different GA douchebag wearing the black 2016 tour t-shirt who suddenly arrived with a beer drop that I heard and that I felt on the back of my legs. If you encountered him, you'd know. I turned around and I had a new 50 year old buddy (I'll be fifty this year, so I can tell...) who felt he needed to be completely up my ass during the entirety of Wishlist. I immediately told him that he was WAY to close to me, to which he replied that I had no monopoly on space. He also kindly told me that he had no problem "taking me out", and asked me "what happened to southern hospitality", and even though I had on a Red Sox hat he suggested I "go back to Jersey". Jesus.

just watched some video back of this incident...sorry for all the yelling, but push me and I will resist.