RIP Old Hickory

rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
The only President ballzy enough to challenge the Central Banksters and Foreign Federal Reserve crooks and this is how they get back at him. It took a hundred years but the Banksters got their revenge today. The governor's of the Federal Reserve are dancing in the banks.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/move-over-andrew-jackson-harriet-tubman-is-coming-to-the-dollar20-bill/ar-BBs1Nfa

"The mischief springs from the power which the monied interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges which they have succeeded in obtaining...and unless you become more watchful in your states and check this spirit of monopoly and thirst for exclusive privileges you will in the end find that the most important powers of government have been given or bartered away."- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, 1837"

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves.
Andrew Jackson addressing a group of bankers at the White House

Comments

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Our country has the most screwed up priorities. Who even gives a shit about this? Of course they will offer the excuse that he was chosen because of actions and policies that he supported which are offensive by today's standards but were widely accepted in their time...and it goes without saying you'll be labeled racist if you don't support this change.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Really? People are going to bitch that a woman (and an immensely brave and historical one) is on a $10 bill?. This has been in the works for months.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    Free said:

Really? People are going to bitch that a woman (and an immensely brave and historical one) is on a $10 bill?. This has been in the works for months.

changed to the 20
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    change them all!!!

some incredibly important people in history other than a handful of white men are equally desrving in their own right.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Looks like it will be the year 2030 before we ever would see it. By then President Emperor Trump will be ruling a radioactive wasteland in one of these suits ...

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mickeyrat said:

change them all!!!

some incredibly important people in history other than a handful of white men are equally desrving in their own right.

Totally agree.

Harriet Tubman on the 20? You bet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Franklin, your up next!

Go all the way, I say. Go Jimi!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux said:

Go all the way, I say. Go Jimi!

Right on!
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    Andrew Jackson is still going to appear on the other side so he is not going away completely.
    Tremorman said:

Andrew Jackson is still going to appear on the other side so he is not going away completely.

Andrew Jackson had slaves. And he's sharing a bill with Harriet Tubmann? Say it ain't so! That gets my eyes rolling.

brianlux said:

Tremorman said:

Andrew Jackson had slaves. And he's sharing a bill with Harriet Tubmann? Say it ain't so! That gets my eyes rolling.
    back of the bus though

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Andrew Jackson was a complex president. He was the first 'common man' president we had, one that wasn't cut from aristocracy. He has a strong legacy as a solider, common democracy (his anger from getting screwed in 1824) and the Bank Wars with Nicholas Biddle. His legacy is tarnished specifically by Indian Removal (everyone forgets that one) and of course his views and actions on slavery. But it's very, very important that we try to limit our judgment on figures from 200 years ago, utilizing our morals of today. This is a concept known as 'historical perspective'. Every one of our founding fathers is flawed if judged by today.
    I'd love to have a debate about Jackson. He's a fascinating character.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Since we had lots of prominent figures who owned slaves early in this country's history, I wouldn't remove Jackson on that fact alone. I think the Indians' Trail of Tears was a tragedy that still has ramifications today, just as slavery does. I don't think it was forgotten in the debate about him; I've heard more people mention that in recent days than talked about him being a slave owner.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Since we had lots of prominent figures who owned slaves early in this country's history, I wouldn't remove Jackson on that fact alone. I think the Indians' Trail of Tears was a tragedy that still has ramifications today, just as slavery does. I don't think it was forgotten in the debate about him; I've heard more people mention that in recent days than talked about him being a slave owner.

Agreed on your statement about the fathers. I haven't been paying attention to the money debate because I don't really care. But I'm glad Indian Removal is central. He was a 'leader' of that and the ramifications are real.

Good point!

edited April 2016

"dance to the sun
    a kiss to the earth
    embrace a stone

come the small black book
    come the brandy cask
    one strange disease
    the well worded paper
    signed by the drunken
    hands of thieves

and suddenly
    they were told to leave

as the snake uncoiled on a road
    the length was eighty miles
    wagons' weary horses
    lead the feverish exiles
    barefoot in the early snow
    on a ridge
    where they beheld their home
    coarse and barren
    not the haven
    promised by the Father

Jaksa Chula Harjo
    Jaksa Chula Harjo
    Jaksa Chula Harjo (*)

the Red Sticks first and
    the Dancing Ghosts were
    pierced with arms of fire
    and the weeping widows
    left could not avenge
    so the Western Star manifest its will
    drove them clear into the Pacific O

gone the way of flesh
    turned pale and died
    by your god's decree

for he hated me"

(* Cherokee name for Andrew Jackson)

- 10,000 Maniacs - Among The Americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeVXsyFrBk
    Post edited by brianlux on

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Erase history....erase history....erase history....erase history....erase history.
    Nothings being erased. Just fleshed out.

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    I rarely use cash anymore and don't rely on it for history lessons, so I don't have much an opinion on the issue. But if Jackson stays, the photoshop job has to go.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg