Options

Giveaways for NC Residents/Concertgoers

Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
Sorry to hear this news. Personally I understand the move, but politics aside I would be extremely disappointed if I was planning on going to this show.

While nothing will make up for a canceled show right now, whenever this gets sorted out, I can definitely see the next gig there being historic.

Having said that, reply to this thread if you had 10C tix to this show and live in the state of North Carolina (honor system about the tix, address will take care of itself in mailing). Ill go through my stuff and see what I can dig out for giveaways. Ill start with randomly giving out the 2 Global Citizen stickers (two winners: one apple sticker and one cop badge sticker). Its not much, but hey a free sticker cant hurt. If anyone else wants to piggyback on this post and give some other random stuff away, feel free.

Comments

• Options
    I'll put together a package of pj stuff that will equal close to the same retail price of one ticket. I know it won't be the same as attending the concert, but hope they can enjoy some new pj memorabilia. Good idea, OP. Just let me know the details as they come in, as I don't post here that often.

Thanks
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    I'm in for a giveaway or two. Let me know what I can do!

Great idea!!!
  • Options
    JD261652JD261652 Asheville, NC Posts: 1
    I had 2 10c tickets and I live in the Asheville, NC area. I'm in!
  • Options
    kimsebaskimsebas Posts: 3
    I had 2 ga tix for my husband and me. Kids were sitting row 7 (their first time). I am devastated...
  • Options
    SK20613SK20613 Apex, NC Posts: 103
    Had 2 GA for Raleigh, live in Apex. I'm hoping we at least still have the wishlist foundation party, and drink our sorrows away..
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    I'll try to grab some extra stickers at the Nola show to add to somebody else's sticker package!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I sent a PM to someone who posted that Raleigh was their only show his tour and I'm hopeful they get the message and what I send them helps a little.

Again, great idea Hubbard
  • Options
    That's so awesome...I'm a VABeach resident who had tix for Raleigh show.
  • Options

I sent a PM to someone who posted that Raleigh was their only show his tour and I'm hopeful they get the message and what I send them helps a little.

Again, great idea Hubbard

Awesome work! That's very generous of you.

Bumping for any others to see, hoping I can find some more things in my "archives."
  • Options
    Very cool of you guys (or as they say in NC, Y'all)- this is the awesomeness of the PJ community and the likes that I was hoping to be hanging out with for hours tomorrow night in the GA line (for my first time). This was the only show I was able to attend. The thought means enough- appreciate the kindness and understanding of how this hurt (however petty that may seem in the grand scheme). Rock on!
    I'm still alive!
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    I'm in! I have stuff to add! (Besides giving away a ticket to see Pearl Jam at Wrigley...). Those shut out of NC, if you want a free ticket to Wrigley night 1, send me a message with why you should get it and proof of your NC ticket.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Raleigh resident here. I moved from Charlotte in December. Was really excited to have a hometown show and GA tickets to it.

This law has got to go. I don't know a single person who is really in favor of it.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Apex, NC resident here. PNC is 15 minutes from my house. Saw them here in 98 and 03 and was looking forward to seeing them here in Raleigh after a 13 year gap. While I agree with the band's politics I am so very heartbroken...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    bookerTbookerT Posts: 32
    edited April 2016
    In support of Pearl Jam's decision to cancel their appearance in Raleigh, NC, in opposition of HB2, Wishlist Foundation is also cancelling their fan-run fundraiser, originally scheduled for Backyard Bistro on Wednesday, April 20.

In lieu of the preparty fundraiser event, Wishlist Foundation will host an online auction in support of the local beneficiary, NC Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA). The auction will open Wednesday, April 20 with a poster, signed by Pearl Jam, from the band's 2012 performance at the famed Isle of Wight festival. More auction items will be posted in coming days.

In keeping with Pearl Jam's advocacy of renewable energy, NCSEA was chosen as the Raleigh beneficiary. Fans who would like to support the Herculean efforts by NCSEA are encouraged to do so with direct contributions or by following the Wishlist Foundation and NCSEA on social media for updates on future auction items.

Wishlist Foundation
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association
    www.energync.org
  • Options
    bookerT said:

In support of Pearl Jam's decision to cancel their appearance in Raleigh, NC, in opposition of HB2, Wishlist Foundation is also cancelling their fan-run fundraiser, originally scheduled for Backyard Bistro on Wednesday, April 20.

In lieu of the preparty fundraiser event, Wishlist Foundation will host an online auction in support of the local beneficiary, NC Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA). The auction will open Wednesday, April 20 with a poster, signed by Pearl Jam, from the band's 2012 performance at the famed Isle of Wight festival. More auction items will be posted in coming days.

In keeping with Pearl Jam's advocacy of renewable energy, NCSEA was chosen as the Raleigh beneficiary. Fans who would like to support the Herculean efforts by NCSEA are encouraged to do so with direct contributions or by following the Wishlist Foundation and NCSEA on social media for updates on future auction items.

Wishlist Foundation
    www.energync.org

That's awesome, good luck with the auction!
  • Options
    i really need to go to wrigley 1, after watching columbia tonite on periscope. seriously, is not fair, very upsetting!!! I will buy your tickets, please help!!!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    With the spring tour and summer planning, I totally dropped the ball on this. Shoot me a PM if you want 1 of the Global Citizen stickers.