*** Jacksonville, FL Fanviews Here 4/13/16 ***

Comments

• curlycurly Posts: 703
    oh and dimitrios ... so cool for you to get your night in Jax, florida... I'd have to say your the only one whom I can honestly admit is a bigger fan than myself... Even though I'm sure their is many more out there like myself... and for the 1,000's whom are not even "online" so to speak... either way... peace out and thanks for the all the great posts and to this great night in Jax...
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Wishing said:

Anyone go to all four florida shows? Thoughts?

Check out what that would look like on Live Footsteps or PJ Stat Tracker. Just the way the band mixes the setlist up is absolutely amazing. Especially as we get into tours that aren't hyping up new releases, there is absolutely no predicting what will happen.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    rssesq said:

Ga was very thin last night, easy to get within 15 feet.

Yeah... going back to the week-long lotto window, those percentages were still well up above 75-80%. I think there were some that were even above 90%!

It was rumored that a lot of people who put in for RESERVED first and GA second actually got GA... by doing so, the 10C seat sections were quite small, thus giving a lot of great seats for regular TicketMaster on-sale.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • evnicolasevnicolas Jacksonville, FL Posts: 5
    fdl9 said:

And best of all, I got to see my amazing friend, a JAX native and partner of 3 shows now!
    I miss you already.
    -Frankie

A show (and an entire day!) I'll never forget.

Live!

You can't see much, but you can hear a roar when Dimi gets the shout-out.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one today singing... "Dimitris...he talks to me..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0iSerrn39Y
  • fdl9fdl9 Posts: 22
    evnicolas said:

fdl9 said:

And best of all, I got to see my amazing friend, a JAX native and partner of 3 shows now!
    I miss you already.
    -Frankie

A show (and an entire day!) I'll never forget.

Live!

Live!!
    PJ: Polo Fields, SF 6/24/95; Seattle 9/16/96; Sacramento 7/16/98; Mountain View 10/31/2000; Bridge School 10/23/10, Prague 7/2/12, Berlin 7/4/12, 7/5/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Portland 11/29/13; Bridge School 10/29/2014; Jacksonville 4/13/2016; Greenville 4/16/2016.
    EV: Oakland 7/11/11 and 7/12/11
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

You can't see much, but you can hear a roar when Dimi gets the shout-out.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one today singing... "Dimitris...he talks to me..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0iSerrn39Y

Tnanks man!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    Can I get some feedback on the hate for Tampa? May be partial because I was there but I thought it was second of the Florida shows to Jax
  • Can I get some feedback on the hate for Tampa? May be partial because I was there but I thought it was second of the Florida shows to Jax

It's got me stumped man. I was fortunate to be at all 4 shows and each one slayed me. I'm still high on last nights show. Colombia can't get here soon enough
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708

Can I get some feedback on the hate for Tampa? May be partial because I was there but I thought it was second of the Florida shows to Jax

Honestly, Tampa was my favorite of the 4. Maybe i was just in a good section. Maybe it was just my kind of setlist. I dont know. Jax was great too though.

Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • WishingWishing Coral Gables, FL Posts: 34
    The more I look at the four setlists, fort lauderdale was a hell of a show too and not getting much love. Im glad I got to attend both South Florida shows and regret not driving to Tampa. Every show has had its moments.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I have no complaints. Everything was what i expected it would be plus some. The guys were on fire and the crowd kept giving them fuel.
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Every show is special to us fans in some way. I am so happy for Dimitris. Congratulations on finally getting ghost. Can't wait to see what Lexington brings and I have a feeling the Wrigley shows will be very special.
    This is Not For You
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Been a while since I posted but had to say something about the Jacksonville show and overall experience. First of all, I simply had the best time before during and after the show. i basically road tripped with my great friend The Rob and met some of my new favorite people.

As far as the show, it was of the chain. The combination of an ever building set list, a band that was clearly jazzed after one of the best second halfs of a show I have seen (in Tampa) and a first time crowd that totally brough it. Made it a top 5 show for me. Rival! and especially my first Of The Earth made me lose my sh%4. And then of course, there was Dimi. One of my favorite people on the planet and my current roomie (lol) had one of the once in a lifetime moments which he and those that he has touched over the years will never forget. Can't tell you what it meant to see it in person, but I couldn't stop smiling/crying.

BTW, the preparty was a total blast and got to hang with some amazing people including Kristen.

Thanks everyone for the best road trip I ever had.

Adam
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • This set list is right up my alley. I'll be behind stage at msg 2 and would love to hear smile played for the fans in the back
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Jax was I think my favorite of the 4 Florida shows... I just don't know... they were all so special in there own way... I was able to be GA for all 4 nights due to some cool people.. On the rail for 3 of the 4... Lots of Camping and meeting awesome new people. It was just an amazing week in Florida. I live outside of Ft. Lauderdale and have traveled to shows for so long, so to have them come here and play these magical shows and share them with my wife was just ridiculous. We got a setlist in Miami a Tamborine in FTL picks in all the shows from Mike, picks from Jeff and the song selection and energy was just fantastic...Tampa on paper was great but the sound where I was was the worst and I though they were not as tight that night, still great though. Miami was insane. Jacksonville they were hitting on all cylinders too.. I have a bunch of shows left on the tour but I am not sure how anything can measure up to these experiences.....
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    looks like 81 in the beginning?
    congrats Dimi!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • JJ278903JJ278903 Posts: 1
    Thanks to all for making my first GA experience so special. Living in FL the past 15 years with responsibilities that keep me from traveling too far (though made a last minute trip to Charlottesville in 2013 with one of my daughters!), I wait desperately for the band to come to FL. Was worried about JAX fans not showing up to the show, but so happy to see a full arena. Not much to add to the comments so far. It was an unforgettable show. It was so special because I was with my other teenage daughter (her second PJ show, Tampa '08 was her first), Like everyone else said, an amazing group in the GA line and arena, so welcoming to a first-timer and his daughter (big shout-out to Casey and her brother from New Orleans-hope the 10-hour drive there and back was worth it)! Was standing just back from the rail from Mike and Jeff, my life-long dream. Mike (and the whole band) was so giving to the GA crowd, something you can't see from the nose-bleed seats I've had before. Ed and the set list were was amazing (I've now heard all my favorite songs live), but my lasting memories were Mike giving his guitar slide to a 10-year old boy that had been in front on me all night (and his mom holding him up so he could see) and Mike saying to a fan in front of me during RITFW that the "next song was for her", which was Ledbetter/SS Banner. I remember Ed looking over at Mike surprised he wanted to play one more song when he started into YL. I was in tears by the end of YL/SSB; Mike is f-ing amazing! Thank you SO MUCH to the band for still giving back to the fans after 25 years (even in ol' podunk Jacksonville FL)!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    JJ278903 said:

Thanks to all for making my first GA experience so special. Living in FL the past 15 years with responsibilities that keep me from traveling too far (though made a last minute trip to Charlottesville in 2013 with one of my daughters!), I wait desperately for the band to come to FL. Was worried about JAX fans not showing up to the show, but so happy to see a full arena. Not much to add to the comments so far. It was an unforgettable show. It was so special because I was with my other teenage daughter (her second PJ show, Tampa '08 was her first), Like everyone else said, an amazing group in the GA line and arena, so welcoming to a first-timer and his daughter (big shout-out to Casey and her brother from New Orleans-hope the 10-hour drive there and back was worth it)! Was standing just back from the rail from Mike and Jeff, my life-long dream. Mike (and the whole band) was so giving to the GA crowd, something you can't see from the nose-bleed seats I've had before. Ed and the set list were was amazing (I've now heard all my favorite songs live), but my lasting memories were Mike giving his guitar slide to a 10-year old boy that had been in front on me all night (and his mom holding him up so he could see) and Mike saying to a fan in front of me during RITFW that the "next song was for her", which was Ledbetter/SS Banner. I remember Ed looking over at Mike surprised he wanted to play one more song when he started into YL. I was in tears by the end of YL/SSB; Mike is f-ing amazing! Thank you SO MUCH to the band for still giving back to the fans after 25 years (even in ol' podunk Jacksonville FL)!

Love it!
  • green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    edited April 2016
    Jealous of this setlist! And glad there were so many cool, memorable moments. We had a great time at 2 awesome shows. Thanks to the band, the fans and 10C.
    Post edited by green_girl on
  • kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84
    For the Rival enthusiasts out there, how'd Rival Sound? Any videos of it out there? Couldn't find any yet on 'the you tube'.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Awesome!!! So glad you finally got it...was watching from 2 deep from the rail on stone's side. Truly a special moment!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • AM278794AM278794 denver, co Posts: 5
    what's up with the greeks. i don't get it. did they fly over for the whole tour or something?
    given to fry
  • Awesome show! I saw them in Belo Horizonte in November and have not been to any concerts since then. This show was great! Thank you guys for 2 memorable nights. I'm responsible for the hangovers!!!
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    kmac1976 said:

For the Rival enthusiasts out there, how'd Rival Sound? Any videos of it out there? Couldn't find any yet on 'the you tube'.

Rival was on par! Sung perfectly. Damn near studio sounding in my opinion. That song was my personal highlight of the show.
  • lulugrllulugrl Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    Loved this show. Had an amazing time in the pit and met a ton of new people. Thanks for the good times Jacksonville.
    Post edited by lulugrl on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

Awesome!!! So glad you finally got it...was watching from 2 deep from the rail on stone's side. Truly a special moment!!

Fun gal to rock out with right here! Thank you for being so much fun to hang with!!!