The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I like the back WAY better than the front of this one!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    The art on the back is more interesting then the art on the front.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    back of the poster should have been the front...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    The back should be the poster. And I'm not even saying the front is not good. It's just the back is better.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited April 2016
    Wow this ones a disaster! Remind me to avoid Paul jacksons work!

Watch tonight's show have the best setlist yet. Can't wait to nowherescope it on tv!!

(Edit for this golden rule) if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 93
    Back to the Sperry....you guys have to see it in person. The jpg's do not do the metallics justice. This thing was done very nicely. The body has gold metallics over the blue that really pop.

The Klausen is top notch as well. I was kind of bummed about Tampa's poster and was expecting tonight's poster to be awesome since I couldn't make the JAX show. But for the first three shows I can't complain about 2/3 being very nice since I only collect shows that I attend.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    This aint nearly as bad as u guys think. The colors pop and it has lotsa detail. The back was already done in amsterdam 2 summmers ago. I passed in ams , but bought this.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Another vote for the back being better.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    demetrios said:

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.ca/2016/04/paul-jackson-pearl-jam-jacksonville-poster-sticker.html

Paul Jackson Pearl Jam Jacksonville Poster, Sticker And Pin

A new artist has been added to Pearl Jam Poster history as Canadian artist Paul Jackson designed tonight's print for the show in Jacksonville, Florida. Jackson and Jacksonville ? Must be a crazy coincidence or some next level Evolution.

Check out the sticker and pin for tonight as well and have fun at the show. I know those of you following the band are going to miss that Florida weather after tonight.

That sticker is great. Does anyone want to trade one for a Miami sticker?
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229

Had the buy it link, clicked it, it refreshed to sold out. I find it quite ironic that the back of them have say no to flipper stickers, yet they sell limited quantities at the shows, online etc and do not limit the amount people can buy. I saw people in front of me at Miami buying 5 and 6 at a time.

Sorry, rant over. If anyone has a Miami to sell I'm interested

Yea this really chapped my ass when I waited for 2+ hours in the Tampa merch line only to have the poster, the show specific shirt and button all sold out right before I finally made it to the counter. Really??? There was maybe 300 people in line before me and I'm sure the band and their management team know why we wait in the merch line before the show...to get the poster and the show specific goodies, so why stock the truck so lightly for probably your most loyal fans? If I was running that, you better believe I would have that truck stocked well enough to support all the fans waiting in line.

If its going to be this ridiculously hard to buy show specific merch moving forward then the band can count on not getting anymore of my hard earned cash. I have no problem waiting in lines for several hours to buy something but I'll be dammed if I'm going to waste precious hours that I could be doing something else only to come away empty handed.

This is a call to the band...start giving us the option to purchase a poster to that show when we win the ticket lottery or stock the damn truck with enough inventory so you're not turning folks away.
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    What did the Tampa shirt look like? I didn't even get to see it.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    I am the minority but i like the Jacksonville poster
  • PJ-Cubs said:

demetrios said:

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.ca/2016/04/paul-jackson-pearl-jam-jacksonville-poster-sticker.html

Paul Jackson Pearl Jam Jacksonville Poster, Sticker And Pin

A new artist has been added to Pearl Jam Poster history as Canadian artist Paul Jackson designed tonight's print for the show in Jacksonville, Florida. Jackson and Jacksonville ? Must be a crazy coincidence or some next level Evolution.

Check out the sticker and pin for tonight as well and have fun at the show. I know those of you following the band are going to miss that Florida weather after tonight.

That sticker is great. Does anyone want to trade one for a Miami sticker?
    i think i have one extra let me see and make a trade =)
  • NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 132
    I think the Jacksonville poster is awesome
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Mike D88 said:

What did the Tampa shirt look like? I didn't even get to see it.

It was charcoal colored with a pirate on it. All they had were smalls when I got to the front of the line.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    edited April 2016
    http://www.pjackson.bigcartel.com/product/official-pearl-jam-screenprint

Official PEARL JAM Screenprint
    £40.00

I made this print a for Pearl Jam a few weeks back. Its always a pleasure to be asked to do anything for a band that you respect so much.

The print is supposed to be a kitsch 1950s Sci-Fi comic book cover imitation. Its Darwin inside a giant robot ape which seems to have had its head ripped off...

It also has a back print of a drawing I did a while back of Darwin - plus an official PJ hologram to prove the prints authenticity.

I have 100 of these - once they are gone they are gone.

I will sign and emboss the ones I have.

Each print is 18" x 24" and is probably the best quality screen print I've seen.
    Post edited by demetrios on
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by demetrios on
    Got it. Thanks .
    rssesq said:

Got it. Thanks .

No problemo!
    Uu were wilding out last night, congrats on ghost. I was near u in the pit with the m jordan shirt on
    rssesq said:

Uu were wilding out last night, congrats on ghost. I was near u in the pit with the m jordan shirt on

Sorry, you got me mistaken for someone else. I wasn't at the show last night.
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    rssesq said:

Wrong Dimitris.
    NYPJ
  • Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 346
    Does anyone know the size of the Tampa poster?

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

Does anyone know the size of the Tampa poster?

I've only seen 1 out of a 20+ eBay listings that includes the size in it's description with 18x24.
    instagram.com/p/BELz43esArL/

pauljacksonlivesVery honoured to have been asked to create an official poster for @pearljam for the show in Jacksonville lastnight.
    I have some available in my store right now but they are going super fast so act quick if you want one - once these are gone they are gone!
    It's a beautiful screenprint 18"x24" and also have a sweet back print and official hologram....
    store link in my bio!!! Good luck!
    #pearljam #pearljamposter #PaulJackson #artprint #ape #darwin #art #artist
    http://www.elephont.com/
    April 14, 2016: Pearl Jam Tampa print TBA

Getting a lot of emails about the Tampa print...no set date just yet for the sale but there will be one, likely in a few weeks. Thanks for your patience. -dp
    I had to scroll down to enter US as where it was being shipped but loved the fact that he has the "State of Palestine" listed in his shipping options.
    BDS!
    rssesq said:

Got it. Thanks .

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    demetrios said:

http://www.pjackson.bigcartel.com/product/official-pearl-jam-screenprint

Official PEARL JAM Screenprint
    £40.00

I made this print a for Pearl Jam a few weeks back. Its always a pleasure to be asked to do anything for a band that you respect so much.

The print is supposed to be a kitsch 1950s Sci-Fi comic book cover imitation. Its Darwin inside a giant robot ape which seems to have had its head ripped off...

It also has a back print of a drawing I did a while back of Darwin - plus an official PJ hologram to prove the prints authenticity.

I have 100 of these - once they are gone they are gone.

I will sign and emboss the ones I have.

Each print is 18" x 24" and is probably the best quality screen print I've seen.

Would buy it if it wasn't $100 to Canada, such a unique print.

Will wait for the 10c sale I guess.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    When you guys say 10C sale, are all the posters offered to the 10C or just ones that didn't sell out?