Options

What the fuck is wrong with the USA????

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
This being an election year,many people will go to their voting stations and blindly cast their vote for who they think will better lead the country. Unfortunately every person on the ballot is unfit,untrustworthy,and corrupt to take us in a positive healing direction. We have a total lack of senators who fail to represent the very people who voted them in. ISIS wouldn't even exist if not for US intervention in the middle east. Long lingering problems like hunger,poverty,unemployment,disease,and the enviroment continue to be left uncheck. Will anybody even ask their respective leaders if they even read whats included in a bill before they send it off to become law? I who guess not. So wheather you think Trump,Clinton,Sanders,or whoever else will project us toward any kind of improvement,you will be sadly mistaken. Why did our current president wait until his last year in office to use executive powers to help stem gun violence in south Chicago? How many lives could have been saved in the 7 years prior? Black Lives Matter? My ass!!! Not according to this administration or any other. The pieces have been placed exactly where they need to be by the elite. Ahhhh...i needed to get that out. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    My first thought is that we are at least fortunate to live in a country where we can vote. But my second thought is that merely voting means nothing if we as individuals do not take action, participate in the process and continue to voice our opinion and support those who stand with us. America wants it easy. Cast your vote and go back to the tube and let others do the work. That's not how democracy works. That's what's wrong with America.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

My first thought is that we are at least fortunate to live in a country where we can vote. But my second thought is that merely voting means nothing if we as individuals do not take action, participate in the process and continue to voice our opinion and support those who stand with us. America wants it easy. Cast your vote and go back to the tube and let others do the work. That's not how democracy works. That's what's wrong with America.

I can absolutely agree with your comment if not for the illusion that we think our vote counts to begin with. Its all been predetermined. They know who the next figure head will be long before the little man will ever know. Words like vote,democracy,freedom,is all a part of a designed matrix to keep you asleep.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited January 2016
    joseph33 said:

brianlux said:

I can absolutely agree with your comment if not for the illusion that we think our vote counts to begin with. Its all been predetermined. They know who the next figure head will be long before the little man will ever know. Words like vote,democracy,freedom,is all a part of a designed matrix to keep you asleep.
    Or perhaps they use obstruction and buffoonery to cause distraction and apathy so that folks like you will throw their hands in the air and say "it's rigged, don't bother" instead of voting for the best candidate and moving forward, albeit by inches.

Obama kept us out of major warfare for 8 years, if you think Romney would have done the same, it is you who is sleeping.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

joseph33 said:

brianlux said:

Or perhaps they use obstruction and buffoonery to cause distraction and apathy so that folks like you will throw their hands in the air and say "it's rigged, don't bother" instead of voting for the best candidate and moving forward, albeit by inches.

Obama kept us out of major warfare for 8 years, if you think Romney would have done the same, it is you who is sleeping.
    Romney/Obama=one of the same.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I can say I am encouraged for the first time in awhile.

The traction that Ron Paul got that got into some main stream... followed by what we are seeing with Bernie Sanders now... and even with a sector of the Trump supporters... is all a good sign. Its moving slowly, but people are fed up with the status quo
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    MayDay10 said:

I can say I am encouraged for the first time in awhile.

The traction that Ron Paul got that got into some main stream... followed by what we are seeing with Bernie Sanders now... and even with a sector of the Trump supporters... is all a good sign. Its moving slowly, but people are fed up with the status quo

I'm not encouraged yet but do agree that people are fed up with status quo..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Anti-establishment here. (Meaning anti-status quo)
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    all lives matter
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

rgambs said:

joseph33 said:

brianlux said:

That is simply ridiculous. I suppose Bush and Gore were the same as well? Sanders and Cruz?
  • Options

all lives matter

Even Muslim lives? Syrian lives?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    joseph33 said:

rgambs said:

joseph33 said:

brianlux said:

in what way exactly?

are they one in the same in that they are politicians?

they are polar opposite. at least romney had some liberal in him when he was governor. he was forced to run away from romneycare, the exact same law as obamacare, which was romney's crowning achievement in government.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

brianlux said:

What you're saying here has never been proven but it would not surprise me in the least. That said, I still vote because I can and for the little time it takes I hope it makes a difference.

But that's not where it ends for me. Like I said, if we all went out and did at least a little something we would see more of the changes we want. I went to out state Capitol last year and showed support for an end of life bill that was expected to fail. We made it pass. I'm certain of that. We wrote letters, called representatives and showed up at hearings. Those who say, "Well fuck it, it doesn't work, I'm not going to waste my time," have no right to complain because I've seen it happen.

The world is crumbling fast. We don't have the luxury of pessimism.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited January 2016
    Bernie Sanders is fit to be prez.

However, many Americans care only about their stuff, Kardashians, 5 minutes of youtube fame, guns and ~insert any idiotic fad here~
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

However, many Americans care only about their stuff, Kardashians, 5 minutes of youtube fame, guns and think people like Sarah Palin or Donald Trump would make good presidents.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    If Bernie doesn't get in, I'm voting Stein as a converted member to the Green Party. Screw the two party oligarchy. Until the faux liberal Dems stop kissing Wall Street and Monsanto ass, I'm not going back to their party.
  • Options

all lives matter

Not what your Nazi messiah or you believe. I'm not born yesterday.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

joseph33 said:

rgambs said:

joseph33 said:

brianlux said:

That is simply ridiculous. I suppose Bush and Gore were the same as well? Sanders and Cruz?
    Bull on Gore and Dubya not being the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSBhI_0at0
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

However, many Americans care only about their stuff, Kardashians, 5 minutes of youtube fame, guns and ~insert any idiotic fad here~

Those Bill memes are the latest fad that can bugger off.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    While Bush Jr. and Gore have no rhythm, there is no Iraq war if Gore was pres. I fully believe this. Just that single difference in the two is huge.

And people saying there's no difference in candidates and your vote doesn't matter is just cynical passivity taking over.
  • Options

If Bernie doesn't get in, I'm voting Stein as a converted member to the Green Party. Screw the two party oligarchy. Until the faux liberal Dems stop kissing Wall Street and Monsanto ass, I'm not going back to their party.

My thoughts exactly. Stein's "Green New Deal" especially sounds great to me.

Her plan is worth checking out:

http://www.jill2016.com/plan

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

I'm with you!
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    You should ask: "What is America doing right?".
    I think it's a much shorter list.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    https://roarmag.org/2016/02/27/on-this-day-in-1991-us-bombs-highway-of-death/

The indiscriminate bombing of tens of thousands of Iraqi troops and civilians retreating from Kuwait is one of the most heinous war crimes in history.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

https://roarmag.org/2016/02/27/on-this-day-in-1991-us-bombs-highway-of-death/

The indiscriminate bombing of tens of thousands of Iraqi troops and civilians retreating from Kuwait is one of the most heinous war crimes in history.

That would be Highway 1.
  • Options
    They hate our freedoms.

The cabs of trucks were bombed so much that they were pushed into the ground, and it’s impossible to see if they contain drivers or not. Windshields were melted away, and huge tanks were reduced to shrapnel.

“Even in Vietnam I didn’t see anything like this. It’s pathetic,” said Major Bob Nugent, an Army intelligence officer. This one-sided carnage, this racist mass murder of Arab people, occurred while White House spokesman Marlin Fitzwater promised that the US and its coalition partners would not attack Iraqi forces leaving Kuwait. This is surely one of the most heinous war crimes in contemporary history.
  • Options
    They hate our democracy.

A Newsweek article on Norman Schwarzkopt, titled “A Soldier of Conscience” (March 11,1991), remarked that before the ground war the general was only worried about “How long the world would stand by and watch the United States pound the living hell out of Iraq without saying, ‘Wait a minute – enough is enough.’ He [Schwarzkopf] itched to send ground troops to finish the job.” The pretext for massive extermination of Iraqi soldiers was the desire of the US to destroy Iraqi equipment. But in reality the plan was to prevent Iraqi soldiers from retreating at all. Powell remarked even before the start of the war that Iraqi soldiers knew that they had been sent to Kuwait to die. Rick Atkinson of the Washington Post reasoned that “the noose has been tightened” around Iraqi forces so effectively that “escape is impossible” (February 27, 1991). What all of this amounts to is not war but a massacre.
  • Options
    2000 in America: 65,900 reporters, 128,600 Public Relstions people
    2015 in America: 46,500 reporters, 208,000 PR people
    (per @BLS_gov data)
  • Options
    What's wrong with the USA is our major contribution to this:

August 20th was Earth Overshoot Day in 2013
    August 19th was Earth Overshoot Day in 2014
    August 13th was Earth Overshoot day in 2015.

We're going the wrong direction.