Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    No news about the Minneapolis show?

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    Got excited to see there was 30 new replies in this thread and thought maybe they announced something. Nope, just Cubs debate :p
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Deamon said:

Got excited to see there was 30 new replies in this thread and thought maybe they announced something. Nope, just Cubs debate :p

:lol:
    Sorry for the disappointment...
    I'm always ready for a Cubs debate. Bring it!
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300

Buy championship model? Only players they've "bought" are Lester, Heyward, & Zobrist. Everyone else is homegrown or acquired thru trades.

Jason Heyward, Dexter Fowler weren't bought?
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    As a long time Braves fan..the playoffs can be over in a few days. You got to get there to have a shot but u got to be rolling at the right time to get to the Series.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Deamon said:

Right? Pretty disappointing haha.

Probably also doesn't help that as a Pirates fan I still might be upset about that NL Wild Card game...
  • Options
    deagator3deagator3 Posts: 76

Buy championship model? Only players they've "bought" are Lester, Heyward, & Zobrist. Everyone else is homegrown or acquired thru trades.

Jason Heyward, Dexter Fowler weren't bought?
    Hayward was mentioned. Fowler was acquired via trade before last year and then re-signed last week.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    pjalive21 said:

my2hands said:

I agree, the Cubs have a very good team... people should definitely be excited to have such a good young team... and i think the entire country outside of St Louis is rooting for them, myself included... BUT, to be the favorite to win the world series this year, after finishing 3rd in their division last year (albeit with 97 wins), is the definition of over-hyped...

doesn't mean I wont be rooting for them (my Phillies stink right now) and it doesn't mean they wont win 100 games... I just don't like when a team gets too hyped, because it NEVER works out, and I want these guys to win

Obviously I'm in St. Louis and will NEVER root for the Cubs, even more so when you have Theo Epstein bringing the buy a championship model he did with the Red Sox and look where that team is now and how he left them...yeah they got a couple of titles but they got old quick and no farm system

I will admit I'm impressed with the look of the Cubs youth that to me is the one thing that stands out. Cubs are team to beat for the next couple years in the National League
    No farm system? >LOL>Plus, they have a catcher, SS & CF who are under 25 who are already up with the Red Sox

Keith Law ranks Red Sox farm system the best in baseball http://www.overthemonster.com/2015/7/23/9020529/keith-law-ranks-red-sox-farm-system

Now, what about those 4 Red Rock shows?
  • Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    cutz said:

pjalive21 said:

my2hands said:

I agree, the Cubs have a very good team... people should definitely be excited to have such a good young team... and i think the entire country outside of St Louis is rooting for them, myself included... BUT, to be the favorite to win the world series this year, after finishing 3rd in their division last year (albeit with 97 wins), is the definition of over-hyped...

doesn't mean I wont be rooting for them (my Phillies stink right now) and it doesn't mean they wont win 100 games... I just don't like when a team gets too hyped, because it NEVER works out, and I want these guys to win

Obviously I'm in St. Louis and will NEVER root for the Cubs, even more so when you have Theo Epstein bringing the buy a championship model he did with the Red Sox and look where that team is now and how he left them...yeah they got a couple of titles but they got old quick and no farm system

I will admit I'm impressed with the look of the Cubs youth that to me is the one thing that stands out. Cubs are team to beat for the next couple years in the National League
    Keith Law ranks Red Sox farm system the best in baseball
    I don't want to contribute to the thread moving from tour rumors to baseball, but he more recently (last month) ranked them 10th. Still good, but not the best in baseball.
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Pearl Jam > Baseball

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    This is like the Republican debate started with tour debate escalated into a baseball one lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I hope whatever they call PJ25, if there is one, will be after Wrigley. Can't really squeeze in any more vacation before then. Even if there isn't a PJ25, I'd like Seattle/The Gorge or Red Rocks to be in September sometime. That leaves plenty of time for Eddie to watch his Cubs in the playoffs. Whatever happens, I do hope there is a West Coast tour for all the fans out there.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited March 2016
    JimmyV said:

Pearl Jam > Baseball

Well, it's pretty darn close...I love both!

WAY OFF TOPIC: What's the bigger/better rivalry:
    Yankess vs. Red Sox?
    Giants vs. Dodgers?
    Cubs vs. Cardinals?
    Something else?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Out of the three you mentioned I think it has to be Yankees vs. Red Sox. Both teams have been really good in the last 20 years so it has made for a great rivalry. Cubs v. Cardinals may be a rivalry but has been one sided for the Cards (I'm a Cubs fan).
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    rummy said:

JimmyV said:

Pearl Jam > Baseball

Well, it's pretty darn close...I love both!

WAY OFF TOPIC: What's the bigger/better rivalry:
    Yankess vs. Red Sox?
    Giants vs. Dodgers?
    Cubs vs. Cardinals?
    Something else?
    As a New Yorker I would have to go with Yankees/Red Sox but I do understand how big the rivalry between the Cardinals and the Cubs is.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Yanks/Red Sox has been the better rivalry in my lifetime. As a Cubs fan I hate the Cards, but you can't argue the fact that the Yanks/Sox has been the more relevant rivalry in the last few decades. The Cubs and Cards have only played one time in the playoffs...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Can someone PM me when we are actually talking about PJ and not baseball? :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'll bite, rummy!

1. Giants/Dodgers - 1219-1187 Giants all-time. Only 32 games separate the two thru regular season history. Both have decent, comparable post-season success (Giants 23 pennants & 8 WS, Dodgers 21 pennants, 6 WS). The fact that the Dodgers owner persuaded Giants owner to move from NY to CA along with them to preserve the rivalry trumps all others. This is the most consistent and arguably the most entertaining rivalry throughout history.

2. Cubs/Cardinals - 1197-1147 Cubs all-time. Only 50 games separate the two thru regular season history, but the Cardinals obviously have much better post-season success than my Cubbies. They've won the most World Series by an NL team and 2nd most all-time. The Cubs have the biggest championship drought in sports history, but have won the only post-season series between the two.

3. Yankees/Red Sox - This might be the most hyped up rivalry, but it's completely lopsided in the Yankees favor. The Yanks hold a 189 game all-time lead and are by far the most successful post-season team in MLB history. Almost everyone outside of Yanks/Sox fans are tired of ESPN shoving all 18 games down our fucking throats every season. On the field, this isn't even close.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

I'm positive a rumor will develop out of this..lol
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    wall232 said:

I hope whatever they call PJ25, if there is one, will be after Wrigley. Can't really squeeze in any more vacation before then. Even if there isn't a PJ25, I'd like Seattle/The Gorge or Red Rocks to be in September sometime. That leaves plenty of time for Eddie to watch his Cubs in the playoffs. Whatever happens, I do hope there is a West Coast tour for all the fans out there.

I think it will be. I still think a second leg in the early fall will be announced in May.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    yellowwho said:

PJ announces "Take Me Out to the Ballpark—All 30 of Them" tour!!
    :rofl:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    derbydave said:

yellowwho said:

PJ announces "Take Me Out to the Ballpark—All 30 of Them" tour!!
    :rofl:

YES !!!!!

I KNEW IT !!!!!
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Still think they are going to fill in Roo to the Ride schedule with the West dates shortly, and perhaps a few more date between Fenway and Wrigley.

Like in the next 2 weeks.

Oh, and Go Blue Jays ;)
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    Still sticking with September as the perfect time to tour the west. I'm sure Eddie won't want to skip out on a chance to bash Trump in front of hundreds of thousands of fans right before the election.
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • Options
    kerbjack said:

Still think they are going to fill in Roo to the Ride schedule with the West dates shortly, and perhaps a few more date between Fenway and Wrigley.

Oh, and Go Blue Jays ;)

To bad that Jays/Expos rivalry never took off. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll stop.
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    rummy said:

kerbjack said:

Oh, and Go Blue Jays ;)

To bad that Jays/Expos rivalry never took off. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll stop.
    Expos were my team, Raines, Dawson, Carter, Crowmartie, Pedro & the 94 team. Still miss the clown unis
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    kerbjack said:

Oh, and Go Blue Jays ;)

This! They aren't touring after August and I'm willing to take bets on that! ;)
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Yeah it seems like they would do something special for the election this Fall.
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    kerbjack said:

rummy said:

kerbjack said:

Oh, and Go Blue Jays ;)

Expos were my team, Raines, Dawson, Carter, Crowmartie, Pedro & the 94 team. Still miss the clown unis
    Tim Raines and Pearl Jam inducted into their respective Hall of Fames in 2017!!!!!
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    Too bad Kawasaki chose to sing Aerosmith over Pearl Jam:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrYdiOHT0GQ