Greatest Line Eddie Ever Said!

2»

Comments

• "If you trust me at all, if you want to listen to me at all..but you certainly don't have to...speaking from experience, I can tell you that things change. You can believe me, you don't have to. They probably won't change unless you make them. The best way to change something that's around you, something you don't like, is to change yourself. And I don't think you want other people changing you, I think the only person that can change you is yourself. So if you ain't happy, if you're reading magazines about generation x-ers and thinking 'yeah, I'm one of them', well fuck that. Don't let anyone tell you who you are. No, no. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am, but that would be a long story. I could tell you who I am and it wouldn't fit in a Rolling Stone. If wouldn't fit in a video...it's my life, it's your life. You're the only one who knows who you are. I hope you know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are somebody. And I'm probably stating the obvious, but I just thought I'd do it anyway. So if you feel like you've got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you can't speak, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out,let em hear, shout it out."

[Live during Porch 9/29/96]
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • Here is a break from the previous weighty posts -

"Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision. 'Do I want it long? Do I want it short? I just can't take a stand.' I guess there's a lot of indecisive people in Canada if you know what I mean."
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited February 2016
    Sarah said:

Pap said:

Worcester 15/10/13

This one's about being a friend when your friend doesn't want any friends... This ones' about being a friend when your friend needs a friend... And this is about not saying no when your friend doesn't want your company... ~ Eddie Vedder

What song followed this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWvBJYbe2N4
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Pap said:

Sarah said:

Pap said:

Worcester 15/10/13

This one's about being a friend when your friend doesn't want any friends... This ones' about being a friend when your friend needs a friend... And this is about not saying no when your friend doesn't want your company... ~ Eddie Vedder

What song followed this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWvBJYbe2N4
    Of course! Thanks for clarifying.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • TheBeardedFellowTheBeardedFellow Posts: 294
    edited March 2016
    Detroit 1, 6-25-03 (he's fairly liquored up...)

"...We almost didn't play at all because of all these commercials on either side of the building here. ...Let's get a light on some of the advertising. What are we?--who are we?---I ain't playing for Pepsi. I ain't playing for Coke. Miller Lite--now that's a beer. i could piss in a cup right now, give it to this guy, and he'd like that better than a Miller Lite, I'm sure. What else we got? The First Union Bank--I wouldn't trust them if i were you. Let's see...oh...the WB with the little racist dancing frog on it--that's good; I like that. Big Boy. What is that? Is that still the old restaurant, or is that..what is that, a dildo? What the hell is that thing? Must be a popular one if they can afford to advertise here. And Detroit Free Press. Is it free? Thats what we all want to know. You might have heard, but there's big corporations buying up all the radio stations, tv stations, and newspapers everywhere you go. And the government's playing along. It's a good thing to pay attention to cause before you know it, they're gonna be telling you one thing, every paper, every newspaper, every tv station will say the same thing. They'll start telling you that blue-eyed people are smarter, and that war is a good thing, so keep an eye on these guys...

...Or they might just bombard you with Sheryl Crow music, who knows what they'll do?

I think Sheryl Crow..she's sponsored by Big Boy isn't she? She likes that!. Aiiigh, we're getting down now Detroit, aren't we, yeah..."
    Post edited by TheBeardedFellow on