An ongoing home for Pearl Jam (and non-PJ) haiku

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    justam said:

Ms Haiku, I like the photo in this one very much.

Thank you, justam. I'm getting a little fancy with haiku. I'm incorporating image and poem which is like a contemporary haiga.

What is a haiga?

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    While I like pictures with poems sometimes, I think to put them there all the time is to take away part of the mystery and openness of them.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    The Archies
    sing “Sugar” on Ash Wednesday
    tasting winter

poem and image
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    edited February 2016
    during morning rush hour
    ice breaks the tree

as the music starts
    I notice their conversation
    the sound of coffee

rain sprints
    into disappearing puddles
    brightness
    she took a picture
    of her dog
    outside the frame

winter morning
    a charm bracelet
    divides her life
    the puddle
    reflects the green light
    go, just go!

cross-sectioned
    lava lamp
    rain.puddles.circles

neon sign shines
    in the winter evening
    latte design
    Back in the city
    When it rains, there's light glow
    At night, on asphalt
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Puddle leh color
    Puddles of color--red, green
    The big painter moves a brush
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    the netting protects the air
    children playing
    basketball
    air separates
    the two branches
    silence
    a spring breeze
    moves the branches
    a sound of a helicopter
    unemployment
    is not watching
    branches move with a breeze
    during a breeze
    a parked car
    mimics metro service
    the birds distract
    me from the guitarist
    without words
    the shadow flies by
    was it close
    bird songs
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 588
    Stopped at a Red light
    Bored finger finds a treasure
    Nose to mouth he's full
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    when the job ended
    I didn’t call everyone
    Easter weekend
    my game-changer
    may be in the next aisle
    folded raincoat
    a ripped roof
    from the crosswalk
    is behind me
    clouds move quickly
    bringing rain
    neon wires in a hanging lamp
    windy weather shifts
    O'Keefe’s blue and white sky
    decisions
    for a chance
    and, a three-run homer in the 9th
    sunshine
    and slow walking
    rethinking good
    home runs
    and phone calls
    new seasons
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Great stuff guys!
    www.cluthelee.com