WINNERS for Fenway or Wrigley? Post here

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Finally got the email. Shut out of both Fenway. Crap.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    1st choice 08/20/2016 Chicago, IL- Reserved Seating $188.00 WON
    2nd choice 08/22/2016 Chicago, IL- Reserved Seating $188.00 WON
    3rd choice 08/22/2016 Chicago, IL- GA Standing $188.00 LOST
    4th choice 08/20/2016 Chicago, IL- GA Standing $188.00 LOST
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    pjl44 said:

Order?
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    FINALLY!!! Got my only pick Wrigley 2 RS! :smiley:

Thank you kindly!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    PJNB said:

pjl44 said:

Order?
    Night 1, Night 2
  • marc34 said:

marc34 said:

Fenway 1- Won, Fenway 2- Lost. Live 5 miles from Fenway and over 20 years in the 10c for what its worth anymore

You got tickets to a show, are you seriously complaining right now?
    Not complaining but membership is not what it used to be. I want season tickets at the 50 yard line to the Patriots, or half court for the Celtics. You know why I cannot have them? Because the people with those seats have been season ticket holders for 20 or 30 years. That's how seniority works in 99% of life. I understand people who joined the club late think they should have a fair shot, and they did once the 10c put in the 2 random rows up front. Now it is 100% random, which I do not think is fair to people with low numbers/long standing memberships
    Your membership is $40 per year. The cost of those season tickets is in the thousands to ten thousands per year, (as a Cubs season ticket holder, I know) and inevitably those people lost thousands of dollars per year while having those tickets in lean years. So not a good comparison.
  • pjl44 said:

So sorry...There goes the theory that the late TBD's won. I am a nervous wreck.
  • pjl44 said:

Sorry to hear that...I suspect the same fate awaits me :bawling:
    Chicago 7/19/13
    Boston 9/28/04, 5/24 & 5/25/06, 6/28 & 6/30/08, 5/17/10
    Ottawa 9/16/05
    Austin ACL 10/4/09
    Vedder Boston Opera House 8/1 & 8/2/08
  • 1st and 2nd Choices and lucky me heading back to Chi-town for both shows! :smile:

Congratulations! Your name has been drawn for the following tickets:
    DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR
    08/20/2016 Chicago, IL- Reserved Seating $188.00
    08/22/2016 Chicago, IL- GA Standing $188.00
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    deagator3 said:

marc34 said:

marc34 said:

Fenway 1- Won, Fenway 2- Lost. Live 5 miles from Fenway and over 20 years in the 10c for what its worth anymore

Not complaining but membership is not what it used to be. I want season tickets at the 50 yard line to the Patriots, or half court for the Celtics. You know why I cannot have them? Because the people with those seats have been season ticket holders for 20 or 30 years. That's how seniority works in 99% of life. I understand people who joined the club late think they should have a fair shot, and they did once the 10c put in the 2 random rows up front. Now it is 100% random, which I do not think is fair to people with low numbers/long standing memberships
    Your membership is $40 per year. The cost of those season tickets is in the thousands to ten thousands per year, (as a Cubs season ticket holder, I know) and inevitably those people lost thousands of dollars per year while having those tickets in lean years. So not a good comparison.
    Yeah the membership pays for a presale, not an actual ticket.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • still waiting, still showing TBD!
    Rio de Janeiro 2005 - Dallas 2013 - Oslo 2014 - Austin 2014 (ACL) - Sao Paulo 2015 - Rio de Janeiro 2015

pjl44 said:

Sorry to hear that...I suspect the same fate awaits me :bawling:
    Hope not. Plenty of people still getting drawn for one and both. Guessing it was a pretty small percentage of us who went 0-for-2.
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    any minute now.....
  • Are the TBA's that have been waiting being denied or are any getting tickets. I've been TBA all day and have given up hope.
  • marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    deagator3 said:

marc34 said:

marc34 said:

Not looking to argue the fact at all, but I have money- can I take your Cubs seats that you have had for X amount of years and bump you back or out of the stadium? I can afford it. I am sure there are people in Chicago with worst seats than yours who would gladly move up and pay what you pay for Cubs tickets. The cost is not relative. If everyone spends the same/ or is willing to on Cubs tickets can they just come take yours ? I don't feel entilted to anything however when the 10c grew they started catering to the newer fans more in my opinion
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    Email at 7:49 p.m. Won wrigley night 2 GA as first pick. Only other pic was night 1 GA. I'm totally shocked. Wrote it off as a loss this afternoon with the tbd still showing all day. Kinda forgot all about it then boom.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me

Are the TBA's that have been waiting being denied or are any getting tickets. I've been TBA all day and have given up hope.

Both and I think at about the same rate.
  • fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    I WON GA Wrigley night 2, I will be going all the way from Santiago, Chile, with a friend of mine. Now I need to get/buy ANY 2 tickets for night 1. Any advice? Do I have a chance on getting them on general sale starting friday?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Just won Fenway Friday

Lost Sunday
  • thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    1st choice wrigley reserved night one confirmed
    2nd choice wrigley GA night one rejected
    3rd choice wrigley GA night 2 rejected
    4th choice wrigley reserved night 2 confirmed...

very nice... if anyone decided they'd like to trade a night of GA for a night of reserved let me know
    Cheers, see ya'll in chi-town!
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Vedd Hedd said:

deagator3 said:

marc34 said:

marc34 said:

Yeah the membership pays for a presale, not an actual ticket.
    That was not always the case. I never got shut out of any show until the lotto system started. My 10c number is low enough that I would always get seats. Back before the online days you filled out a form with what tickets you wanted in the mail and then they started with the lowest member numbers and rewarded tickets until they ran out.
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Still TBA here ... Did Fenway 1, Fenway 2 in that order ... Holding out some hope for Fenway !!
  • I did Fenway 2, Fenway 1 in that order...The waiting drove me mad!
  • cpsilo1cpsilo1 Posts: 73
    edited February 2016
    Both myself and my friend won GA for night 1. We would like to trade one of the pairs of them for a pair (only GA) for night 2 if anyone is interested, please PM me.
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483
    After a whole day of F5 I finally scored some tickets.

• Won 8/7, lost 8/20 reserved.

Just got an email
  • Vedd Hedd said:

Shawna44 said:

I agree with ya'll here... if they have 1000 GA tix available and 10,000 people have them as their #1 choice... how is it possible for someone to win these tix as one of their "2nd or 3rd choice's"... wouldn't they draw all the tix until they are gone with just the people whom have them as their first choice.... Here is another senerial... someone told me..."maybe its set up that the 1st choice people have their name in the lotto like 50X each, and 2nd choice is like 20X, 3rd choice like 10X... and so on and so forth" which to me would be the only way it makes sense for someone to win their 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th choices... and other lose all 4 of their choices... it has to be something along the lines of that... specially how some people win GA at shows with their 5th choice...sure it was a 1 in a 100 shot... but they hit it...

"For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority,"
    -- some folks got both Fenway 1 & 2...
    So wouldn't that imply everyone who had night1 as their priority would have won their tickets before those who had it as their 2nd choice would have been selected (and vice versa?)
    Or am I just confused :bee:

That scenario is not happening

then simply explain to me how people win Wrigley GA with their 4th choice and other get shut out with their 1st choice... And I'm not saying I'm correct...but their has to be some sort of a system here as this situations are hitting... ps... I tried to start another thread with this...but I'm not that computer savvy... or I gave up too easy...
  • Just lost Wrigley 1, the only stadium show I put in for. Its all good, I won Greenville, I'm happy.
    Gorge
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    MK88178 said:

After a whole day of F5 I finally scored some tickets.

Hopefully I will join you soon. The waiting dr-...you get it
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    Just got email at 8:14 p.m.
    Won Fenway night 2 (first priority pick), lost Fenway night 1 (2nd priority pick).

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL