StubHub - Buy now or wait?

13»

Comments

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    better to have them in hand . sometimes you get shut out
  • Options

my2hands said:

Like people have Stubhub is a reputable place to buy from. The tickets are guaranteed. I bought a $750 ticket to get into the 12.12.12 concert in NYC and it was bogus. Stubhub refunded my ticket price and then gave me a free alternate ticket to use. Worked out great for me!

WOW!!!

interesting how they can just provide tickets for a large event at the drop of a hat... tells me they own a lot of the tickets they have for sale, not individual sellers... or they bought the tix from a seller and just gave them to you?

I was pissed for a few minutes missing Springsteen's performance, but when I got a free refund and a free ticket, I was pretty happy. I don't know how they have the tickets but they must have to buy some in case people get burned, otherwise why trust Stubhub?

The contact at Stubhub was great and even followed up after the show.
    You call them how many minutes or hours before the show when yoy know the tix is fake?, or theres an employee at the venue?? its very risky for me coming from SA to wait to buy at the venue or stub hub and be cheated
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited February 2016

I am on the 'peace of mind' side. I have the money and now I have the tickets. I understand this is not popular, and that if I wanted to check back throughout the next 3 months that I might get the same seats at a fraction of the price. However...I now know right where I am sitting at 3/4 of the shows I am attending, and 10C tickets will be in play where I do not know. To me, this represents value.

I tried for Fan club first for GA with my wife and my number and then supplement the shows I want to see with other sources I feel confident in, and this sums it up well for me...

Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    Stubhub msg 1: $125. Behind the stage but you are in the building. We re talking $25 over face.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.