Unique Ticketing Situation & Perspective

stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 147
edited February 2016 in The Porch
I know lots of us are seeking out tickets right now, but I'm hoping to make some magic happen. Some of you may know my son Joshua, he's one of the biggest PJ fans out there. He has cerebral palsy and PJ has been his motivation and inspiration throughout his life.

You can see our earlier thread about how much the band means to him with some videos. The thread is listed on the porch as Tiny guy, Big Fan.

I struggle with finding the word to express the love that Joshua has for the band and their music. It's a pure love that none of us probably could even understand. His world is far different than ours.

To give you a quick glimpse into his journey, we made this video. Also, there is more videos of Joshua and his love for PJ on my you tube page.

https://youtu.be/0kPGcCwOeII

For his 10th birthday in April, we really wanted to take him on his first PJ road trip. We've had an organization reach out to us to assist us in funding our trip, but have not been able to secure accessible seating. If anyone can help, we would really appreciate it. This is a very special opportunity for us and we would like the chance to enjoy a PJ road trip as a family.

Thanks for your time!
Post edited by stina1118 on

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Have you tried calling the venue directly? I had to get ADA tickets for the Foos at Citi Field last year and there was no issue at all.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 147
    edited February 2016
    Yes, we've tried. Unfortunately the arena is sold out.
    Post edited by stina1118 on
  • guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    edited February 2016
    I cant offer any help, but i really hope you get a ticket! It seems insane that just anyone at all can buy an accessible seat and then resell it for a profit. I didnt even know that this was a thing scalpers did. Pretty disgusting. Have you tried reaching out to the 10 club about the wrigley shows? i wonder if given notice before the onsale they'd be willing to help you out.
    Post edited by guitar101 on
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • What show where you looking to make it to? Maybe someone on here may know someone who can help?

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172

What show where you looking to make it to? Maybe someone on here may know someone who can help?

bump

yes any information on a particular show you are looking for?
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    pjhawks said:

What show where you looking to make it to? Maybe someone on here may know someone who can help?

bump

yes any information on a particular show you are looking for?
    From the other thread - Philly, New York, or Wrigley. I would love to assist the board in starting a GoFundMe for this. First things first though, OP should reach out to Wrigley or the band about securing accessible seating. Definitely worth a shot.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Legally venues are required to hold ADA seating for that evening. So if you find seats in the building they should be able to reloacte you at the venue. However, don't show up an hour after doors and be upset if nothing is available. Get there early, go to guest services, and be reloacted. Keep in mind, if you have upper level seats, you'll get upper level ADA seats. Good luck OP
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    PSUS2H said:

Legally venues are required to hold ADA seating for that evening. So if you find seats in the building they should be able to reloacte you at the venue. However, don't show up an hour after doors and be upset if nothing is available. Get there early, go to guest services, and be reloacted. Keep in mind, if you have upper level seats, you'll get upper level ADA seats. Good luck OP

If this is the case then it should be a lot easier to help them find tickets. Getting in the door is a lot easier than getting a hold of one of the very few ADA tickets. Maybe a call to the venues could confirm this policy?
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 147
    PSUS2H said:

This is really good information to know!! I will look into that more... Sometimes you just need to know the right information. Thank you so much, we appreicate the support!

An organization has offered to help us, but they want to be anonymous until they have definitive answers for us. They have offered to cover costs of transport, our accommodation and tickets. They are doing their best to help us find tickets, but they're not a huge organization, so they can't promise anything.

They have expressed to us that they want do this for us so we could be just like regular concert goers for a couple of days. It's what this organization does, helps people overcome extraordinary circumstances to get to shows. Making this happen for Joshua means a lot to our family and we are so grateful for their assistance.

Its hard to imagine that doing something like this for Joshua would be possible without their help.. It would allow us to extend out of our comfort zone and do something so amazing for Joshua. Even more so, its hard to believe that we could be like a regular family for a few days and share this experience with him.

When combing through dates, baby sitters for my three year old and things like that... We have a limited amount of shows that are within a reasonable driving distance. MSG is completely a long shot and not really even a consideration. Philly is within a reasonable driving distance, we have a sitter and the dates work.

Wrigley is very close for us, but its a very intimidating situation and wouldn't want to consider it unless it was a perfect scenerio and we were out of options. I know that may sound picky... But, the weather would play a huge role in Joshua's experience. He has very high muscle tone and his muscles constantly contract, because of this he tends to get overheated fairly easily. Chicago heat and humidity in August would make it almost not worth the risk.

As you can imagine, theres a lot of consideration to put in taking a special needs child like Joshua to a show. Climate, driving distance, etc. Additionally, we will have to be "strategic" to ensure Joshua can tolerate the crowds prior to the show. He sometimes gets overwhelmed easily because he has an underdeveloped nervous system. It's funny, his PJ can be on full blast no problem... But, a simple sound like a dog barking can send him into a meltdown.

So, we will see where all of this takes us... Either way, we are so hopeful that we will get this figured out.

Thank you again!!!

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    stina1118 said:

PSUS2H said:

This is really good information to know!! I will look into that more... Sometimes you just need to know the right information. Thank you so much, we appreicate the support!

An organization has offered to help us, but they want to be anonymous until they have definitive answers for us. They have offered to cover costs of transport, our accommodation and tickets. They are doing their best to help us find tickets, but they're not a huge organization, so they can't promise anything.

They have expressed to us that they want do this for us so we could be just like regular concert goers for a couple of days. It's what this organization does, helps people overcome extraordinary circumstances to get to shows. Making this happen for Joshua means a lot to our family and we are so grateful for their assistance.

Its hard to imagine that doing something like this for Joshua would be possible without their help.. It would allow us to extend out of our comfort zone and do something so amazing for Joshua. Even more so, its hard to believe that we could be like a regular family for a few days and share this experience with him.

When combing through dates, baby sitters for my three year old and things like that... We have a limited amount of shows that are within a reasonable driving distance. MSG is completely a long shot and not really even a consideration. Philly is within a reasonable driving distance, we have a sitter and the dates work.

Wrigley is very close for us, but its a very intimidating situation and wouldn't want to consider it unless it was a perfect scenerio and we were out of options. I know that may sound picky... But, the weather would play a huge role in Joshua's experience. He has very high muscle tone and his muscles constantly contract, because of this he tends to get overheated fairly easily. Chicago heat and humidity in August would make it almost not worth the risk.

As you can imagine, theres a lot of consideration to put in taking a special needs child like Joshua to a show. Climate, driving distance, etc. Additionally, we will have to be "strategic" to ensure Joshua can tolerate the crowds prior to the show. He sometimes gets overwhelmed easily because he has an underdeveloped nervous system. It's funny, his PJ can be on full blast no problem... But, a simple sound like a dog barking can send him into a meltdown.

So, we will see where all of this takes us... Either way, we are so hopeful that we will get this figured out.

Thank you again!!!

keep us posted. if the above is correct and you just need tickets to get in the building there are plenty of people here who will make sure that happens if the organization has any problems. April weather here in Philly can be pretty varied but most likely wouldn't get really hot. figure anywhere from 60-80 during the days.