Options

2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• Options
    JC421JC421 Posts: 4
    I know. And I'm not taking any thing personally. And I think both sides are a little to blame. I've been a member of the fanclub since I was a kid in 92. Longer than most the folks here. And during that time I've been to maybe 12 shows. My first fanclub tickets were mailed to me. They were for terrible seats in the rafters at the old Maple Leaf Gardens. And they came wrapped in a hand written note that said "here are your tickets, have a blast!" And I did! Somewhere along the way we've moved to a system where now it's $50 a year to be a member. And that gives you access to a lottery system where you might win tickets that cost more than they would if you just bought them online - if you can. And if you're fortunate enough to win, you're notified by an email that basically yells at you with NO RESELLING, ID MUST BE PRESENTED, NO ADVANCE NOTICE OF SEAT LOCATION, etc., etc. And on the flip side, as you've said, there are all these fans who think they're entitled to ten club tickets to a hundred shows each tour, and for each of them to be seated front row center, and tto have some kind of control over the GA waiting list, etc. Honestly, I think everybody, on both sides, just needs to chill the f*$k out.
  • Options
    Got MSG GA for second night,assumed less people would go after a mid-week show if from in town. My math worked!!! Now to spend thousands on flight and hotels.
    Bob's Your Uncle
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    JC421 said:

I know. And I'm not taking any thing personally. And I think both sides are a little to blame. I've been a member of the fanclub since I was a kid in 92. Longer than most the folks here. And during that time I've been to maybe 12 shows. My first fanclub tickets were mailed to me. They were for terrible seats in the rafters at the old Maple Leaf Gardens. And they came wrapped in a hand written note that said "here are your tickets, have a blast!" And I did! Somewhere along the way we've moved to a system where now it's $50 a year to be a member. And that gives you access to a lottery system where you might win tickets that cost more than they would if you just bought them online - if you can. And if you're fortunate enough to win, you're notified by an email that basically yells at you with NO RESELLING, ID MUST BE PRESENTED, NO ADVANCE NOTICE OF SEAT LOCATION, etc., etc. And on the flip side, as you've said, there are all these fans who think they're entitled to ten club tickets to a hundred shows each tour, and for each of them to be seated front row center, and tto have some kind of control over the GA waiting list, etc. Honestly, I think everybody, on both sides, just needs to chill the f*$k out.

Well said mister..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    Regena said:

First no show in Atlanta. They haven't played in ATL in 5 or so years and the last time they did it was at a crap festival. Now just spent my lunch hour trying to get tickets and got nothing. But, hey StubHub has plenty for sale at twice the price. After loyally following this band since their very beginning I am done with them. They once fought the evil, greedy Ticketmaster and now they are obviously in bed with them. I won't be renewing my fan club membership next year.

I feel we're lucky that this band affords us the opportunity to win tickets before the general public. How many tickets do they secure for us so we can avoid TM? All these people complaining about not winning any tickets when they only entered for the most in demand shows is insane. You knew you had little chance to win and chose to take that risk. The fact that they have so many loyal fans that are willing to travel the county to see them is part of what makes them so great. So what if they aren't playing Atlanta? They're playing Greenville which is close. What about those in the Midwest and West that have no shows and might not get any? The band doesn't control TM or stubhub, that has nothing to do with Pearl Jam. All these scalpers know its a ticket in high demand so they to their thing, Pearl Jam cannot control that. It's one of negatives about how popular this band is and how loyal we are to them. The venues have ticket deals too, PJ can't secure every single ticket. Be grateful they're still making music and touring after 25 years.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,421
    solat211 said:

MSG shows sold out in a minute. 1st time struck out on Ten Club AND General sale. Get ready to fork over $500 + on the secondary market

I got both shows . My friend got MSG-1 in 10 minutes for me, and i got MSG-2 in 12 minutes.

Also, it took me an hour-and-fifteen minutes to get Philly-2.
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    I have been trying since 12.00 do I give up now?
  • Options
    yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119

I feel we're lucky that this band affords us the opportunity to win tickets before the general public. How many tickets do they secure for us so we can avoid TM? All these people complaining about not winning any tickets when they only entered for the most in demand shows is insane. You knew you had little chance to win and chose to take that risk. The fact that they have so many loyal fans that are willing to travel the county to see them is part of what makes them so great. So what if they aren't playing Atlanta? They're playing Greenville which is close. What about those in the Midwest and West that have no shows and might not get any? The band doesn't control TM or stubhub, that has nothing to do with Pearl Jam. All these scalpers know its a ticket in high demand so they to their thing, Pearl Jam cannot control that. It's one of negatives about how popular this band is and how loyal we are to them. The venues have ticket deals too, PJ can't secure every single ticket. Be grateful they're still making music and touring after 25 years.

THAT was well said. I 2nd that shit.
    Name another band that has fought as hard and sacrificed as much to change the ticket master system? I would say there isn't one but since I only follow Pearl Jam I wouldn't know. :)

I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • Options
    JC421 said:

Just an observation - my 2 tickets through the Ten Club to the Ottawa show cost $230 CDN. But the public onsale cost for tickets to the Ottawa show today is $87/per - or about $175 CDN for 2. Even with fees and taxes added, the cost for tickets through the Ten Club appears to be about $40 more? Am I missing something? Anyone else going to the CDN shows seeing this? Seems odd.

The fan club bills in US$ for tix, and membership. I've been dreading the Canadian $ total on my card with the current exchange rate LOL, and figured it would be about what you mention above. Still cheaper than a Stub Hub scalper ticket for equivalent section though!
  • Options
    JC421JC421 Posts: 4
    That doesn't really make any sense. Ten club charges $230 Canadian for 2 tickets to the Ottawa show. Capital Tickets charges $180 Canadian for 2 tickets to the Ottawa show. Same currency. Same event. $50 premium if you buy through the fan club.
  • Options
    HOLY TORONTO!
    Was anyone else caught off guard by the surprise 2nd show that was released on Ticketmaster today (by mistake??). After about 20 years in the 10C, I was devastated to find out the 'lottery' left me dry for all my selections, leaving me at the mercy of the rigged-game that is the Ticketmaster 'open' window. So as i clicked in vain, 40 minutes after the noon window opened, imagine my shock at seeing a 2nd show added for the next night. My credit card CRUSHED it and suddenly the group of 20 friends that ALL missed the lottery boat were no longer at StubHub's mercy. Feels like the devotion was rewarded - even if not via the 10C route. (no hard feelings 10C, you've done right by me in the past but this 'new' route stinks)

Hormone's firin'!!!
  • Options
    JC421 said:

That doesn't really make any sense. Ten club charges $230 Canadian for 2 tickets to the Ottawa show. Capital Tickets charges $180 Canadian for 2 tickets to the Ottawa show. Same currency. Same event. $50 premium if you buy through the fan club.

After fees it's $216.90 through Capital Tickets, $227 (on my card anyway) through TC, so not as bad as I was expecting the difference to be with our dollar.
  • Options
    yellowboy said:

Regina – I too live in Atlanta and I feel your pain. But I'm not so sure you can put the blame on the band.... They would have come to Atlanta this year if not for the rule that the Roo festival put in place. If you are headlining the festival you can't play within 300 miles of it within a certain timeframe. I was less irritated after learning this.... but still disappointed. I have compared being a Pearl Jam fan in Atlanta to being in love with a Woman who doesn't love me back. Unfortunately for me I can't stop loving them so I'm off to Greenville and Toronto this year. I may have an extra ticket to Greenville if you change your mind!

Lexington is closer to Nashville than Atlanta, isn't it? That can't be the reason.
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    edited January 2016
    JC421 said:

Just an observation - my 2 tickets through the Ten Club to the Ottawa show cost $230 CDN. But the public onsale cost for tickets to the Ottawa show today is $87/per - or about $175 CDN for 2. Even with fees and taxes added, the cost for tickets through the Ten Club appears to be about $40 more? Am I missing something? Anyone else going to the CDN shows seeing this? Seems odd.

The tickets I bought today for Toronto came out to $218.25 for the pair, lower bowl seats. The tickets I got from 10C were roughly $230CDN. The difference was minimal.

Post edited by Deegz on
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 31
    Pearl Jam does more than any major band to accommodate its fans. That said, the Wells Fargo Center Virtual Waiting Room was a debacle.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    JC421 said:

When I saw the "WON" notice it said $157 for the pair. I figured it'd come to about $230 Canadian with the exchange, as 10c is always in US dollars. I don't know why or how they figure out the US base price vs Cdn (except most stuff costs more in Canada to begin with), just realized that I wouldn't be lucky enough to only pay $157 Cdn (plus as you say the annual fee). The annual $50 right now ($40 membership plus $10 for being international) will work out to be what, just about $70 Cdn (ouch). When it's a year you're unable to travel to see the band, It's a lot for luggage tags, an annual record and a single LOL. But obviously many many feel it is worth being in the club.
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    Finally after 20+ years of trying I'm going to my first show 4/20 PNC in Raliegh. Can't wait
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    i can not describe my overflowing joy!!! 4 shows in five nights! 2-philly 2-ny. let's make it best shows, best crowds ever!!!!!! pearl jam!!! fucking pearl jam! let's have a party after show 1 in ny!!!
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 494
    I some how got 1 ticket to philly 2. I had two tickets and they put them in the pool while I was putting in my cc. I was crushed. All worked out in the end though. I agree with goatspr let's crush it.
  • Options
    sistirsistir NYC Posts: 14
    Let's fire it up and get it going. It's on
    09/29/1996 New York City Randall’s Island
    09/08/1998 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Arena
    09/10/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    09/11/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-25-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-24-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-23-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-12-2000 Tampa, Florida
    08-10-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    08-09-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    05-21-2010 New York, New York
    05-20-2010 New York, New York
    10-19-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    10-18-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    09-26-2015 New York, New York
    04-08-2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    04-09-2016 Miami, Florida
    04-29-2016 Philly, PA
    05-01-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    05-02-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-05-2016 Fenway Park - Boston
    08-05-2016 Fenway Park - Boston
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Did nobody get tickets today? Sounds like shit was harder than ever. I feel like they are getting more popular, like it's "cool" again to like PJ. It's more of an event now for many people.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Travelling from Australia for tour any recommendations for site to buy tickets or have tickets to MSG2.
    Off He Goes - The Jammer
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    jonsey30 said:

Did nobody get tickets today? Sounds like shit was harder than ever. I feel like they are getting more popular, like it's "cool" again to like PJ. It's more of an event now for many people.

I'm not sure what I think of this lol
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jonsey30 said:

Its totally an event. And its always been cool to love PJ! I can't recall a time when it was a snap to get tickets. Part of the fun is in the challenge to get tix - just look at the anticipation for the announcement! Of course the best part is the show.
    Alpine Valley - Lolla 08/02/92
    Alpine Valley - 1998
    Chicago - Allstate Arena 10/09/00
    Chicago - United Center 06/18/03
    Chicago - United Center 08/23/09
    Chicago - Wrigley 07/19/13
    Moline - iWireless Center 10/17/14 (No Code)
    Philadelphia - Wells Fargo Center 04/29/16 (Ten)
    Chicago - Wrigley  08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Seattle - Safeco Field 08/10/18
    Chicago - Wrigley 08/18
    Chicago - United Center 09/05/23
    Chicago - United Center 09/07/23
  • Options
    vonlupvonlup Indy Posts: 75
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    edited January 2016
    mr bungle said:

I'm surprised they haven't figured a way to draw from the hometown entries first based on the credit card zip codes. And then draw from everyone else

It is not hard to change your address on your credit card. I have had to do it because I live in Canada and there is a few times I have wanted to buy things in the US that require a US shipping and billing address. The shipping address is a pick up point on the other side of the border, and all I had to do is call my credit card company and they changed my billing address for 24 hours so I could buy what I wanted.
    Post edited by Kel Varnsen on
  • Options
    Deadhead33Deadhead33 Ontario Canada Posts: 5
    Great day. Tickets for Ottawa and both Toronto shows. Couldn't do Quebec but I agree that show should be amazing. I feel like Toronto second show will be up there on the list. Enjoy everyone.
  • Options

Great day. Tickets for Ottawa and both Toronto shows. Couldn't do Quebec but I agree that show should be amazing. I feel like Toronto second show will be up there on the list. Enjoy everyone.

Soooo pumped.
  • Options
    Please add Phoenix, AZ to the tour dates :-)
  • Options
    RegenaRegena Posts: 4

Regena said:

First no show in Atlanta. They haven't played in ATL in 5 or so years and the last time they did it was at a crap festival. Now just spent my lunch hour trying to get tickets and got nothing. But, hey StubHub has plenty for sale at twice the price. After loyally following this band since their very beginning I am done with them. They once fought the evil, greedy Ticketmaster and now they are obviously in bed with them. I won't be renewing my fan club membership next year.

Hold up. You couldn't get tickets to a PJ show on your lunch break, so it's their fault, they are losers, in bed with TM and you don't like them anymore? How old the fuck are you?
    Old enough to know that the band I saw at the Fox Theatre in '94 isn't the same band that has sold their souls to Ticketmaster today. I guess you do what you have to do to live in Hawaii and support super models.
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    Regena said:

Regena said:

Hold up. You couldn't get tickets to a PJ show on your lunch break, so it's their fault, they are losers, in bed with TM and you don't like them anymore? How old the fuck are you?
    Old enough to know that the band I saw at the Fox Theatre in '94 isn't the same band that has sold their souls to Ticketmaster today. I guess you do what you have to do to live in Hawaii and support super models.
    Mmm a bit harsh don't you think

This discussion has been closed.