Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Somehow this story seems more nauseating and obscene than the one about the guy disemboweling his so-called girlfriend.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    brianlux said:

Somehow this story seems more nauseating and obscene than the one about the guy disemboweling his so-called girlfriend.

The rich getting richer while the poor keep dying
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited September 2015
    brianlux said:

Close. Good it's getting attention. Shows lotsa waste in our healthcare system.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    callen said:

brianlux said:

I'd say immoral greed moreso than waste in this situation.

This ceo is a first class prick
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    callen said:

brianlux said:

That's not the health care system, that's just private enterprise at work.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianlux said:

Where did that story go?

Can threads be deleted?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

brianlux said:

Where did that story go?

Can threads be deleted?
    Yes they can, just not by the OP.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

brianlux said:

Where did that story go?

Can threads be deleted?
    Ask Kat, she deleted it. Said were an all age forum. So now you're not allowed to post the news cuz you might offend someone.
  • As for this thread... I suggest reading The Shock Doctrine to anyone who hasn't yet.

A critical read in this age.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Unbelievable.

The madness that goes on here.

I don't blame you BB
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

brianlux said:

I'd say immoral greed moreso than waste in this situation.

This ceo is a first class prick
    Agree. But as AHC will be reviewed to save costs, drug pricing will be addressed.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Need to read up more as I saw it only in passing this morning, but apparently Hillary is looking to put a cap on the costs of prescription drugs. Not a huge fan of hers but gotta applaud this effort.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ....and yeah, Thirty. This place has seen / read about some really fucked up shit.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    badbrains said:

brianlux said:

Where did that story go?

Can threads be deleted?
    Ask Kat, she deleted it. Said were an all age forum. So now you're not allowed to post the news cuz you might offend someone.

i used to come here to get news. even if it was about some guy who ripped out someone's innards. we used to be able to talk about stuff like that. i used to post pictures of dead palestinian children to show war crimes. guess those days are over.

anybody know what happened on sesame street today?

seriously, i don't know of anyone under 18 posting in here. most 17 year olds have never heard of pearl jam, and even if they have, they don't "get them" the way we do. so no need for them to post in here.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    It seems like anything found in the news should be allowed on AMT since it is a current events page. If legal consequences are an issue, maybe put a disclaimer at the head of this forum?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

It seems like anything found in the news should be allowed on AMT since it is a current events page. If legal consequences are an issue, maybe put a disclaimer at the head of this forum?

one would think.

should say

"current events, within reason, as in, if you wouldn't talk to your mother about it, don't post it here. someone might get offended."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

brianlux said:

one would think.

should say

"current events, within reason, as in, if you wouldn't talk to your mother about it, don't post it here. someone might get offended."
    My mother worked in a hospital. When she got off work, during dinner she kind of needed to get things off her mind that she saw in the hospital. You can imagine the kind of stuff we talked about. So really, under that definition, that leaves little to be left out here!

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

one would think.

should say

My mother worked in a hospital. When she got off work, during dinner she kind of needed to get things off her mind that she saw in the hospital. You can imagine the kind of stuff we talked about. So really, under that definition, that leaves little to be left out here!
    exactly. it is a wide breadth for sure.

back to the topic. how can anybody say that this is not abuse of the system?

things like this will get entrepreneurs exactly what they don't want. socialized medicine, medicare for all. because for them there is no money in it.

back to the topic. how can anybody say that this is not abuse of the system?

things like this will get entrepreneurs exactly what they don't want. socialized medicine, medicare for all. because for them there is no money in it.

It's complete abuse. Maybe even worse than abuse.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Has backed down since the naional backlash and the attention from Dems on price controls. L:ikely had a flurry of calls from the other sellers to chill the fuck out before he ruins the whole rigged game.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

brianlux said:

one would think.

should say

By that definition, what is said here is pretty tame.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    What a great example showing why the industry in the US desperately needs increased government regulation, IMO.
    I am glad public and political pressure made him back down, but holy fuck, what a despicable excuse for a human being. He is the pure definition of what is wrong with America. His existence and his bullshit appeals to capitalism make me sick to my stomach.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    gotta love hackers. behold, the future of what will happen to you when you become a pariah....

http://deadstate.org/hackers-just-released-the-home-address-and-phone-number-of-price-gouging-pharma-ceo-martin-shkreli/

gotta love hackers. behold, the future of what will happen to you when you become a pariah....

http://deadstate.org/hackers-just-released-the-home-address-and-phone-number-of-price-gouging-pharma-ceo-martin-shkreli/

Ha! Good!

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I only found out this morning from a friend that he bought that Wu-Tang album. Lol, wonder if that was a good investment? I doubt it. :lol:

That guy is a fucking scuzzball - serious scum of the Earth IMO - and I REALLY hope these charges stick. What a little fucker.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Lot of times the feds will cuff in the front. Not Douchie McDouche.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    karma. fuck this douche
    i see that he stepped down as ceo. was probably forced to.

also, he posted 5 million dollar bail. out on bail, fresh outta jail, california dreamin.