Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

can the Sixers being any more petty? this is sad and pathetic. this is what you get when a douche bag new yorker buys the team and a nova grad is in charge. 1st class organization here.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/10/14/sixers-take-passive-aggressive-shot-at-wells-fargo-with-logo-placement-on-court/

After the 2nd and then the 3rd name change i've called it The Center.

Yeah I couldn't care less about this issue.
    will you care when this douche bag Billionaire Harris tries to move the team or hold the city/state up for a new arena just for basketball? Because that is where this is leading.
    highly doubt they move the team.

why is the owner a douche bag? because he's a billionaire? he's been so much better an owner than snider ever was.
    just seems like a douche the few times i've seen him interviewed.

and how is he better than Snider? he has like the lowest payroll in the league and a god-awful team. what is good about this franchise right now? did you see how low their tv ratings were last year too? the only thing this guy has done for this franchise is lower payroll to almost the lowest level allowed by the league and save his own costs. not one move he has made has been a positive YET.

wouldn't surprise me if he moves to sell the team once the new tv contract kicks in and the value skyrockets. as far as moving the team what ties does he have to this area other than having gone to Wharton?. Also he does own the NJ Devils and the Newark arena could be in line for a basketball tenant other than Seton Hall. He clearly has a problem with the arena he is in now and has already forced Camden into giving him a sweet heart deal for a new practice facility.

if he still owns this team down the line they will not be playing in the Wells Fargo Center. Not sure when their lease is up, but he will either not own the team or have a different arena either here or somewhere else. one of those 3 scenarios are inevitable i think.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

can the Sixers being any more petty? this is sad and pathetic. this is what you get when a douche bag new yorker buys the team and a nova grad is in charge. 1st class organization here.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/10/14/sixers-take-passive-aggressive-shot-at-wells-fargo-with-logo-placement-on-court/

After the 2nd and then the 3rd name change i've called it The Center.

Yeah I couldn't care less about this issue.
    will you care when this douche bag Billionaire Harris tries to move the team or hold the city/state up for a new arena just for basketball? Because that is where this is leading.
    highly doubt they move the team.

why is the owner a douche bag? because he's a billionaire? he's been so much better an owner than snider ever was.
    just seems like a douche the few times i've seen him interviewed.

and how is he better than Snider? he has like the lowest payroll in the league and a god-awful team. what is good about this franchise right now? did you see how low their tv ratings were last year too? the only thing this guy has done for this franchise is lower payroll to almost the lowest level allowed by the league and save his own costs. not one move he has made has been a positive YET.

wouldn't surprise me if he moves to sell the team once the new tv contract kicks in and the value skyrockets. as far as moving the team what ties does he have to this area other than having gone to Wharton?. Also he does own the NJ Devils and the Newark arena could be in line for a basketball tenant other than Seton Hall. He clearly has a problem with the arena he is in now and has already forced Camden into giving him a sweet heart deal for a new practice facility.

if he still owns this team down the line they will not be playing in the Wells Fargo Center. Not sure when their lease is up, but he will either not own the team or have a different arena either here or somewhere else. one of those 3 scenarios are inevitable i think.

he's a better owner because he's not satisfied with winning 35-40 games and being just competitive enough to fill seats and gain an extra game or two of playoff attendance like snider was. he signed off on taking a chance with the bynum trade to bring a superstar here. it failed. now he's taking a huge chance with hinkie's plan. time will tell if it pays off. but nothing is worse than the purgatory snider had this team stuck in for a decade.

if I remember correctly, the sixers have one of the worst arena lease deals in the league--another reason I hated snider was because he looked at this franchise like the red headed step child. but the nba would never allow the sixers to move to newark. maybe they get a new arena built in the city at some point. hopefully we don't have to go through the same nonsense from 30 years ago, but I am not losing any sleep over it at this point.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Why in the hell would the Sixers leave Philly? What would one reason be?
  • Options

better arena deal. why did the Sonics leave Seattle?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

True, but I can't imagine Comcast-Spectacor would allow that to happen.

I also can't imagine the league letting that happen.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

True, but I can't imagine Comcast-Spectacor would allow that to happen.

I also can't imagine the league letting that happen.
    yea i'm not sure when the lease is up but clearly ownership is not happy at this point. I'd love basketball only arena in this city but i wouldn't sell the city and state out for this guy.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    nba would never allow the sixers, one of their flagship franchises despite how awful they've been for so long, in the 4th largest market in the country, to leave the area.

it's a non issue, fellas.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    shouldn't thread title be changed to year three of the tanking? but hey juggler thinks the owner and gm are great so all is good...if you like those 19 and 20 win seasons.
  • Options
    They should do better than they did last year, right?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

shouldn't thread title be changed to year three of the tanking? but hey juggler thinks the owner and gm are great so all is good...if you like those 19 and 20 win seasons.

they're willing to sacrifice a few seasons for the chance to be great. previous owner was unwilling to do so and happy with a mediocre team.

I changed the title just for you though!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

they're willing to sacrifice a few seasons for the chance to be great. previous owner was unwilling to do so and happy with a mediocre team.

i appreciate that.

did you see the article the other day where they said the most powerful agents hate Hinkie because he doesn't return their phone calls?

I hope your correct about the owner but i believe his motives are purely economical and doesn't give two shits about winning. and Hinkie just may not be very good at his job. i mean he did sign that turkish turd to a guaranteed contract and had to cut him this year.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i appreciate that.

did you see the article the other day where they said the most powerful agents hate Hinkie because he doesn't return their phone calls?

I hope your correct about the owner but i believe his motives are purely economical and doesn't give two shits about winning. and Hinkie just may not be very good at his job. i mean he did sign that turkish turd to a guaranteed contract and had to cut him this year.
    you gotta have patience, but I understand most fans do not have enough of it.

one of the first things harris did was sign off on the bynum trade--essentially dismantling the only sixers team to win a round in the playoffs in a decade because he thought it would give them their best chance to win. that failed miserably and now they are trying a different tactic that the previous owner, and most owners in general, do not have the balls to do. I give them a ton of credit for taking these chances. so glad this guy owns the team and not snyder.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i appreciate that.

one of the first things harris did was sign off on the bynum trade--essentially dismantling the only sixers team to win a round in the playoffs in a decade because he thought it would give them their best chance to win. that failed miserably and now they are trying a different tactic that the previous owner, and most owners in general, do not have the balls to do. I give them a ton of credit for taking these chances. so glad this guy owns the team and not snyder.
    it's SNIDER not snyder.

as for patience how many years of atrocious basketball is acceptable? the concern is right now
    they have 2 legitimate above average NBA level players and maybe 2 or 3 NBA journeymen and zero high quality NBA level perimeter players (unless Stauskas makes big strides since his rookie year) in a league now dominated by perimeter players. this process was sold as building a championship team and frankly i don't see any championship level superstars on this team at the moment and as was pointed out numerous times by me, you don't win an NBA title without a top 3-5 player in the league. Noel isn't getting to that level. Okafor looks to be a very good NBA player but highly doubtful he gets to top 3-5. Saric would have to break the stereotype of almost every European player in the history of the NBA to end up as a top 3-5 talent (only Nowitzki has ever come close as top 3-5 NBA player from Europe). If they had a legitimate guy who I thought could end up being one of the greats I'd be all in on the process. they don't. so right now the process is building towards a 45-50 win team and not a legitimate title contender. is 3-5 years of atrocious basketball ok to end up there? not by what Hinkie and his supporters are selling as a process to bring a title contender here. right now the process is still light years away from that.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i appreciate that.

it's SNIDER not snyder.

as for patience how many years of atrocious basketball is acceptable? the concern is right now
    they have 2 legitimate above average NBA level players and maybe 2 or 3 NBA journeymen and zero high quality NBA level perimeter players (unless Stauskas makes big strides since his rookie year) in a league now dominated by perimeter players. this process was sold as building a championship team and frankly i don't see any championship level superstars on this team at the moment and as was pointed out numerous times by me, you don't win an NBA title without a top 3-5 player in the league. Noel isn't getting to that level. Okafor looks to be a very good NBA player but highly doubtful he gets to top 3-5. Saric would have to break the stereotype of almost every European player in the history of the NBA to end up as a top 3-5 talent (only Nowitzki has ever come close as top 3-5 NBA player from Europe). If they had a legitimate guy who I thought could end up being one of the greats I'd be all in on the process. they don't. so right now the process is building towards a 45-50 win team and not a legitimate title contender. is 3-5 years of atrocious basketball ok to end up there? not by what Hinkie and his supporters are selling as a process to bring a title contender here. right now the process is still light years away from that.

What if a 45-50 win team with good young players can attract a top free agent? Not saying I agree with the plan. I think it is not good at all the Embiid is where he is at and will be a huge setback/year wasted, but not sure what the alternative is either.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i appreciate that.

it's SNIDER not snyder.

What if a 45-50 win team with good young players can attract a top free agent? Not saying I agree with the plan. I think it is not good at all the Embiid is where he is at and will be a huge setback/year wasted, but not sure what the alternative is either.
    maybe but that is at least 5 years down the road. maybe you had a chance at Durant after next year if you were decent but not now. not with the article the other day saying the top agents hate Hinkie because he doesn't return their phone calls and the fact that your talent level is still years away from even 45-50 wins.
  • Options
    you don't win anything in this stupid league without star players. the only ways to obtain them is through free agency, trade, and the draft.

they attempted to trade for a super star center and that failed because he was injured.

then no free agent was going to come here with the way the team was constructed when hinkie took over plus they had no cap room at the time.

so they were left with a couple options-- go the mediocre route yet again and win 30-38 games a year like the snYder regime was so happy with (and which i know you disliked since you've previously said you gave up paying attention to this team after ai and lb left) or sacrifice a few seasons in an attempt to land a superstar or two in the draft and take a chance at greatness. I really admire this team for taking a chance. there is no guaranteed result either way but the previous failed for so long, why not try this route?

fans are impatient (strangely, even ones who gave up on the team over a decade ago like you) and want to win now--unfortunately that is not how it works in the deeply flawed nba.

gotta have patience.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

you don't win anything in this stupid league without star players. the only ways to obtain them is through free agency, trade, and the draft.

they attempted to trade for a super star center and that failed because he was injured.

then no free agent was going to come here with the way the team was constructed when hinkie took over plus they had no cap room at the time.

so they were left with a couple options-- go the mediocre route yet again and win 30-38 games a year like the snYder regime was so happy with (and which i know you disliked since you've previously said you gave up paying attention to this team after ai and lb left) or sacrifice a few seasons in an attempt to land a superstar or two in the draft and take a chance at greatness. I really admire this team for taking a chance. there is no guaranteed result either way but the previous failed for so long, why not try this route?

fans are impatient (strangely, even ones who gave up on the team over a decade ago like you) and want to win now--unfortunately that is not how it works in the deeply flawed nba.

gotta have patience.

you didn't answer my question. how many years of atrocious basketball is acceptable? we are looking at year 3 now. we are probably looking at 3 to 4 more years until respectability/back end of the playoffs. is 7 years for respectability acceptable? does Hinkie really get 7 years?

I agree the path to greatness in the NBA is having a top draft pick and getting a stud but they are 3 years in and i don't see greatness on the horizon.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

gotta have patience.

you didn't answer my question. how many years of atrocious basketball is acceptable? we are looking at year 3 now. we are probably looking at 3 to 4 more years until respectability/back end of the playoffs. is 7 years for respectability acceptable? does Hinkie really get 7 years?

I agree the path to greatness in the NBA is having a top draft pick and getting a stud but they are 3 years in and i don't see greatness on the horizon.
    how many is acceptable? gee, I don't know, skip bayless. what an odd question. how many years of mediocre basketball is acceptable to you? because that is what this team has been for most of the last 30 years.

if embied was healthy, I think they would've been a playoff-ish team this year. next year hopefully he is back. saric is back. and you have multiple first round picks including 2 probably in the top 5 and an abundance of cash to spend. I don't think this team is as far away as people like you, bayless, cataldi, eskin, bob ford, marcus hayes and whatever dumb old school sports writer looking to make a splash with a "HOT TAKE" makes it out to be.

they're gonna be bad this year, but I think they could take a nice step next year if things actually go their way. but again, the point is, the previously way failed for such a long time, intelligent fans are willing to sacrifice a few years to take a chance at greatness. sadly, that is something the snyder regime was unwilling to do.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    still not clear what a triple tank is
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

still not clear what a triple tank is

How many laps did you swim today?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    triples
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Helluva debut
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Helluva debut

i was watching the world series. stats looked nice. Nerleans looks like he played well also. Looks like if it wasn't for the second quarter they might have had a shot at winning?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Only played 7 guys so they were probably tired in the second half. If healthy who else would've played, Covington, Wroten & Marshall?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

pjhawks said:

gotta have patience.

how many is acceptable? gee, I don't know, skip bayless. what an odd question. how many years of mediocre basketball is acceptable to you? because that is what this team has been for most of the last 30 years.

if embied was healthy, I think they would've been a playoff-ish team this year. next year hopefully he is back. saric is back. and you have multiple first round picks including 2 probably in the top 5 and an abundance of cash to spend. I don't think this team is as far away as people like you, bayless, cataldi, eskin, bob ford, marcus hayes and whatever dumb old school sports writer looking to make a splash with a "HOT TAKE" makes it out to be.

they're gonna be bad this year, but I think they could take a nice step next year if things actually go their way. but again, the point is, the previously way failed for such a long time, intelligent fans are willing to sacrifice a few years to take a chance at greatness. sadly, that is something the snyder regime was unwilling to do.
    so you think an healthy Embiid is worth 15 or so wins? holy shit dude. it took something like 38 wins to make the playoffs in an awful Eastern Conference last year and this team isn't winning more than 20-25 this year. so really he is worth up to 13-18 wins? ab-so-fucking-lute insanity

and embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him and be thankful if you get anything at any point from him.

Also Saric isn't coming until the 2017-2018 season. if he waits until then he is no longer under the constraints of the rookie pay wage and can negotiate a free agent contract with the Sixers. With the salary cap taking a huge jump next year he would be crazy to sign here before 2017-2018. not happening. i would think a superfan like yourself would know these important details :smirk:
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

gotta have patience.

so you think an healthy Embiid is worth 15 or so wins? holy shit dude. it took something like 38 wins to make the playoffs in an awful Eastern Conference last year and this team isn't winning more than 20-25 this year. so really he is worth up to 13-18 wins? ab-so-fucking-lute insanity

and embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him and be thankful if you get anything at any point from him.

Also Saric isn't coming until the 2017-2018 season. if he waits until then he is no longer under the constraints of the rookie pay wage and can negotiate a free agent contract with the Sixers. With the salary cap taking a huge jump next year he would be crazy to sign here before 2017-2018. not happening. i would think a superfan like yourself would know these important details :smirk:
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

gotta have patience.

if embied was healthy, they would've made some more moves to win now. saric may have come over too. when they found out he was going to miss the year, they rightly went into tank 3 move. and, sorry to disappoint but there's still a very real possibility of saric coming over next summer: http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/7/8/8911531/dario-saric-reportedly-wanted-to-come-to-the-sixers-in-2015-anadolu-efes-turkey-croatia-contract

don't know what else to tell you, skip. I realize fans are impatient. just be glad you have an ownership group willing to make these kinds of sacrifices for the long term success of the franchise.

now go back to not paying attention to the sixers.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Only played 7 guys so they were probably tired in the second half. If healthy who else would've played, Covington, Wroten & Marshall?

and sauce.

jah and nerlens looked pretty comfortable together on the court. wasn't expecting that right out of the gate.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

gotta have patience.

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

gotta have patience.

if embied was healthy, they would've made some more moves to win now. saric may have come over too. when they found out he was going to miss the year, they rightly went into tank 3 move. and, sorry to disappoint but there's still a very real possibility of saric coming over next summer: http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/7/8/8911531/dario-saric-reportedly-wanted-to-come-to-the-sixers-in-2015-anadolu-efes-turkey-croatia-contract

don't know what else to tell you, skip. I realize fans are impatient. just be glad you have an ownership group willing to make these kinds of sacrifices for the long term success of the franchise.

now go back to not paying attention to the sixers.

Embiid (shouldn't a superfan know how to spell his fucking name?) was drafted unhealthy. if he was healthy at the draft they would never gotten him. so yea so much for that argument you tried to make above. try again.

and i don't care what some blog says, logic dictates Saris isn't coming before 2017-2018. it would cost him millions if he comes next year.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    How could I forget about him????? They did look very good together. TO's need to be cut down.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer