Options

Green River 1984 Demos Record Store Day. 200 pink copies?

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855
edited April 2016 in The Porch
http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8628

RECORD STORE DAY 2016 > Green River - 1984 Demos

Green River
1984 Demos

DETAILS
Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2016
Release Date: 4/16/2016
Format: LP
Label: Jackpot Records
Catalog: JPR036
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
MORE INFO

Earliest known recordings of what was to become the Pacific Northwest 'Grunge' movement. Featuring Mark Arm & Steve Turner of Mudhoney, Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam. All Tracks Unreleased. Includes Concert Flyer, Sticker and Download.

33 Revolutions Per Minute
Leeech
10,000 Things
Means To An End
New God
Baby Help Me Forget
Take Me
Against The Grain
Tunnel Of Love

Coming soon!

http://www.alternativenation.net/green-river-unreleased-demos-album/

Green River, the band featuring future Pearl Jam and Mudhoney members who helped kickstart the Seattle Grunge scene, will be releasing a new LP featuring 1984 demos. Steve Turner announced it during a PressureDrop.TV live stream, as transcribed by Alternative Nation.

“When Green River ended, I wanted [Mark] to play guitar, 1. because he’s a rad guitar player. The earliest Green River demos are finally coming out, where Mark actually plays guitar on a couple of tunes.”

Mark added, “Only one.”

Steve said, “Well it’s awesome anyway. And 2. I didn’t want him climbing all over the stacks.”

Green River featured Mark Arm (vocals), Steve Turner (guitar), Alex Vincent (drums), Jeff Ament (bass), Stone Gossard (bass), and Bruce Fairweather (guitar), with the band’s original run lasting from 1984 to 1988. Turner left the band in 1985 and was replaced by Bruce Fairweather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0ex7Oak44
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    @PearlJamOnLine Steve Turner announcing that a #GreenRiver 1984 demos LP will be released by @jackpotrecords for @recordstoreday!

Sweet! :)
  • Options
    Given the prices on the original Green River vinyl, you'd have though they'd have got round to reissuing Rehab Doll and the EPs (possible a multi LP set that mirrors the CD reissue) before the dredged up some demos.
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    ali_burge said:

Given the prices on the original Green River vinyl, you'd have though they'd have got round to reissuing Rehab Doll and the EPs (possible a multi LP set that mirrors the CD reissue) before the dredged up some demos.

It's cool. Just hope Jack Pot Records will ship these outside the USA and not make them exclusive to the USA, like Think Indie .. for Black Friday Record Store Day.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    "Pearl Jam & Mudhoney Collaboration"??

That has got to be the worst description of Green River ever.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

That's what I thought too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:

That's what I thought too.
    Me three.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Will be good to get to listen to these, however I hope it has a knock-on effect of motivating Stone/Jeff/Bruce/Greg to clean up and release some of the Mother Love Bone demos that never saw 'official' treatment ....
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    @jackpotrecords Yes it's true! The Green River Demos LP will be coming out on Jackpot Records in 2016. We couldn't be more excited!
  • Options
    Northwest Passage ‏@nwpassage1 There's a Green River re-release in the works. More details to come! :)
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736

Agreed, but nonetheless I look forward to the LP. Should be a fascinating listen!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Northwest Passage ‏@nwpassage1 There's a Green River re-release in the works. More details to come! :)

Soon ...
  • Options
    I hope this comes through for RSD. Haven't seen it listed on any of the rumored RSD '16 lists out there.
  • Options
    http://www.jackpotrecords.com/green-river-1984-demos-rsd-release/

GREEN RIVER – 1984 DEMOS (RSD Release)

AVAILABLE RECORD STORE DAY – AT INDIE RECORD STORES ONLY

The earliest known recordings of what was to become the Pacific Northwest Grunge movement.

Working closely with band members – Steve Turner and Mark Arm of Mudhoney, and Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam – Jackpot Records brings you this audio time capsule, showcasing the very first recording of Grunge – before the genre even had a name.

“It’s not punk, it’s not noise, it’s not industrial or new wave. It’s just what it is…” – Zine Orgy issue #1 review from 1984

Mixed by Jack Endio
    Original 1984 recording / mastering by Chris Hanzsek
    Includes concert flyer, sticker, and download card.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Will be trying for this one!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Just hope this is not an exclusive USA RSD release. Might need help for a copy.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    My best bet will be eBay.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    *update. Just received word back from Jackpot Records. The Green River RSD vinyl will be sold exclusively in the USA. Won't be sold in Canada. D'oh! :(
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    I'm sure someone will help you out!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    demetrios said:

*update. Just received word back from Jackpot Records. The Green River RSD vinyl will be sold exclusively in the USA. Won't be sold in Canada. D'oh! :(

RSD gets more and more frustrating every year :(
  • Options
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Indeed. Now I wonder if the Raw Power will also be an exclusive USA release. The Sonics Live At Easy Street feels like exclusive USA also. Their pledge account added 50 more last night.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    eBay!!!
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

Indeed. Now I wonder if the Raw Power will also be an exclusive USA release. The Sonics Live At Easy Street feels like exclusive USA also. Their pledge account added 50 more last night.
    Raw Power might end up here. Probably the best chance of the 3.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

Raw Power might end up here. Probably the best chance of the 3.
    Sweet! Would love to at least pick up something on RSD. Maybe they will have a 10club exclusive variant color edition.
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    demetrios said:

Aw, damn!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Sarah said:

demetrios said:

Aw, damn!
    We'll look out for each other here as much as possible so we all score a copy. Keep an eye out on this thread Sarah.
  • Options
    I'll see what I can do. The store I go to limits 1 per person. I can check another store.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    kramer73 said:

I'll see what I can do. The store I go to limits 1 per person. I can check another store.

good for them. that's how it should be, honestly. even though it sucks for those of us who are outside of the US.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I wonder if this will be a collection of cleaned-up tracks that we've already heard (from Hallucinogenic Recipe boot, et al), or something else entirely.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09