Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,464
    Kiko news:
    Les Bowen
    ✔ ‎@LesBowen
    Dr. Andrews will 'scope Alonso's knee, Daily News has learned, to feel ACL graft from last year. If MRI overestimated damage, he can play.

Les Bowen
    ✔ ‎@LesBowen
    Alonso's remaining ligament has to be tight, If it is lax, Andrews will do reconstruction. Otherwise, with rehab, he can play again.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited September 2015
    They are reporting that his ACL is intact and that he'll be out 4 weeks.

He had arthroscopic surgery.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

They are reporting that his ACL is intact and that he'll be out 4 weeks.

He had arthroscopic surgery.

good news. with how well hicks has been playing, he can take his time as far as i'm concerned.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I understand. I just want to see Kiko balls to the wall.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    You guys need Donovan McNabb back!!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

You guys need Donovan McNabb back!!

Burn!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited October 2015
    You guys fucking suck
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246
    yeah that was a frustrating gme to watch. Funny following people on facebook. First half, we suck, then we start playing well and everyone's back on the bandwagon. Then of course we blew it in the end and everyone was back to saying we are the worst team, blah blah blah.

Funny thing is if Dallas loses we are still one game back from first. Of course next week is a must win game against the Saints. If we lose that game then i'd say the season is over. I'm still optimistic however.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I can't believe they traded Foles for Bradford.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Not good.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    I still think this team can be good, unlike my horrible broken 49ers.
    O-line is just killing the birds. My wife was yelling 'Fire Chip Kelly' at the screen at the end of the game. I still like him and think he is going to do well. They cannot block anyone right now.
    As frustrating as watching the Niners game was I knew they wouldn't be able to win. (No offense) For the Eagles they were playing a shit team and should have won. Condolences. Good news is your division is fucking awful and a 1-3 start only sees you a game out.

That kicker goes on the scrap heap today, right?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

O-line is just killing the birds. My wife was yelling 'Fire Chip Kelly' at the screen at the end of the game. I still like him and think he is going to do well. They cannot block anyone right now.
    As frustrating as watching the Niners game was I knew they wouldn't be able to win. (No offense) For the Eagles they were playing a shit team and should have won. Condolences. Good news is your division is fucking awful and a 1-3 start only sees you a game out.

Why did SF abandon the run so early yesterday?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    edited October 2015

I picked the Eagles to beat the Foreskins but that failed turribly. Well at least they were not as bad as the Finns who are about to fire Philbon. Their defense was porous yesterday.

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    JK_Livin said:

Why did SF abandon the run so early yesterday?
    I think that their line is over-matched (against everyone) and that they misjudged how their D would play. Went into panic mode and thought they had to score every time instead of trying to grind things out. As much as I would like to hate on Kaepernick, I think their line is abysmal and he is rattled about it. Their most reliable play all day was QB scramble, lol.
    I think the 49ers share their woes on the OL with the Eagles.
    Niners lost one Pro Bowl level starter to FA and another Pro Bowler to retirement.
    Not sure about the Philly transition but Bradford had no time during much of the game and the poor bastard was under pressure that last drive attempt even though the Deadskins were dropping defenders back.

You guys will be rooting for the 49ers next week to beat the Giants but I dont think it is going to happen. 49ers suck on offense. Really, really, suck on offense. Hope I am wrong and they right the ship and we help the Eagles out in beating the Giants.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    Ha they just fired Joe Philbon being reported over the radio......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13814560/miami-dolphins-preparing-fire-joe-philbin

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    The only thing worse than this garbage division is this garbage team.
  • Options
    why they waited till the 2nd half to stretch the field against that secondary is beyond me. words can't express my frustration.

and it's unfathomable that a team playing this poorly is only a game out of first...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283
    this is just a bad football team right now. offensive line is horrendous and banged up. not good.

by the way i know Aghohor can't drop the ball but you cannot run a reverse with this offensive line. the changes of that playing not blowing up in your face is almost none. awful play call.

the receivers and tight ends have sucked this year. I think Jordan Matthews has already dropped more passes this year than all of last year.

with each loss as this season slips into the abyss the chances of Chip being at Texas or USC next year increase. right now i'd put it at about 10% he ends up one of those places but if this season turns into a disaster that it might be headed for those odds just up a lot. Texas for sure is going to offer someone a shit load of money next year.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

with each loss as this season slips into the abyss the chances of Chip being at Texas or USC next year increase. right now i'd put it at about 10% he ends up one of those places but if this season turns into a disaster that it might be headed for those odds just up a lot. Texas for sure is going to offer someone a shit load of money next year.

I have posted here how much I want Chip to end up at USC before. I dont donate shit to the University but they have money to wipe their asses with and they are not beholden to the same rules that a state/public university is. I think they would shoot Haden and Sark in a second to land a real coach who has shown college dominance.
    Even so, I was rooting for them yesterday and unless they play my shitty Niners, will likely root for them every game.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I have posted here how much I want Chip to end up at USC before. I dont donate shit to the University but they have money to wipe their asses with and they are not beholden to the same rules that a state/public university is. I think they would shoot Haden and Sark in a second to land a real coach who has shown college dominance.
    Even so, I was rooting for them yesterday and unless they play my shitty Niners, will likely root for them every game.
    There's no way he walks away from full control of an NFL franchise. I've read he hated dealing with donors and stuff. At Oregon he had Phil Knight give the school all the money they needed. Texas or any other school would be more of a hassle than he wants to deal with. Here he only has to deal with Lurie who already gave him full control. You don't walk away from that.

The guy's had a decent start to his NFL career. Year 3 is obviously off to a terrible start. He's gotta fix it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this notion that the Eagles are only one game out of 1st place is really kind of false. at this point picking up one game they cannot win the division because they would lose all tie breakers. in essence they are really 2 games back of the Skins and the Cowboys. the NFL is almost as much about who you lose to as how many you lose. 0-2 in division is a disaster. they cannot lose another division game and win the division.

how many boos this sunday if this offense starts poorly again?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246
    pjhawks said:

this notion that the Eagles are only one game out of 1st place is really kind of false. at this point picking up one game they cannot win the division because they would lose all tie breakers. in essence they are really 2 games back of the Skins and the Cowboys. the NFL is almost as much about who you lose to as how many you lose. 0-2 in division is a disaster. they cannot lose another division game and win the division.

true about the one game back thing but we do have to look on the positive side right? image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

pjhawks said:

true about the one game back thing but we do have to look on the positive side right? image
    one game at a time, gentlemen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    20-17 Birds. Murray actually has 80 and a touchdown.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    13-3 isn't really that bad of a record.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

pjhawks said:

There's no way he walks away from full control of an NFL franchise. I've read he hated dealing with donors and stuff. At Oregon he had Phil Knight give the school all the money they needed. Texas or any other school would be more of a hassle than he wants to deal with. Here he only has to deal with Lurie who already gave him full control. You don't walk away from that.

The guy's had a decent start to his NFL career. Year 3 is obviously off to a terrible start. He's gotta fix it.
    doesn't mean if this season doesn't go down in flames Chip won't have a tough decision to make.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/10/09/report-usc-to-consider-chip-kelly-if-they-fire-steve-sarkisian/
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

doesn't mean if this season doesn't go down in flames Chip won't have a tough decision to make.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/10/09/report-usc-to-consider-chip-kelly-if-they-fire-steve-sarkisian/
    stories like this come up every year. i'd be shocked to see chip, or anyone for that matter, walk away from full control of an nfl franchise. this is the apex of the profession.

go birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited October 2015

I can't believe they traded Foles for Bradford.

chip threw in a second round pick too. good times!

texas won today. disappointing. gotta get rid of this clown. usc losing to chris peterson and uw could open up the usc spot (esp after his drunken mess pre-season fixer style comments). we can only hope.

chip is now legally allowed to get married. i will be really happy for him once he ties the balloon knot (gross)...I just hope it's not in the delaware valley.

bye chip. you suck. always have sucked. always will suck. leave
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I don't post much anymore, but i have to go on record with this. I watch a ton of college football (it's so much better than the shitty nfl that roger goodell has created/ruined -- it gets worse every year...now we are subjected to daily fantasy football ads every two seconds. the nfl is the fucking worst shit ever -- anyone who plays daily ff needs to reevaluate things. it's the keno equivalent)

best college football running backs the fixer has seen last 20 years (in terms of college greatness and possible nfl talent - in my eyes. I LOVED garrison hearst and faulk. my man chris polk almost made the list but sadly fell short - chicken & shrimp -- beast)...

I'm sure I'm forgetting some...no specific order here

reggie bush
    marshall faulk
    ron dayne (fellow south jersey conf opponent)
    ricky williams
    garrison hearst
    eddie george
    sean alexander
    trent richardson

leonard fournette is better than all of them. best college rb of the last 20 years. dude is a monster

also, jared goff is really, really good. hand cannon
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    anyone know where i can get a marcus smith jersey? I went to the store that sold danny watkins jerseys and they didn't even have them. then I went to the store that had jon harris stash and even they didn't have any.

we came to the conclusion that marcus smith is the worst eagles first round pick ever. his jersey is collectors item! get em while they're hot!

nelson algo...whatever his name is. he might be next. I saw someone that had a 17 eagles jersey w the 'invisible man' nameplate. that was clever. I can't believe they can't throw w an avg rookie WR and a bunch of turds on the outside. never would have guessed that would happen (oh wait...I hated that algowhatever pick). harold carmichael is rightfully insulted.

chip kelly ladies and gents!!!