Swedish Fish

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2015
    Know what I really like though? All the candy that were cigarettes, lmao. Man, I miss the 80's, where anything goes, lol..... no wonder I smoke.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2015
    And gum cigarettes were the best because when you blew on them power would come out in a cloud and it really looked like you were smoking. Great practice for the real thing.

Of course, if you preferred the manly class of a pipe, they accommodated that too. :lol: SMH.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    PJ_Soul said:

Idris said:

top 5 candy of all time

It is.(now)

But Punky's were better (RIP)

Lol, those were terrible! Bleach!

These, however.... pretty good. At least they were unique - the root beer one was really good.

Bottle Caps over Punky's???

Whatev!
    edited July 2015

I still don't understand how I post my candy to talk about and others just add their candies. Sweet tarts folks, sweet tarts

I thought we were to post a candy that was in our top five?
    That clown Wonka won't sell the Punky's name/formula to another company because Punky's are too similar to sweet tarts (the obvious reason they were discontinued..and they were apparently also lacking in sales)

Punky's sooo belong in this thread.

Post edited by Idris on
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Agree bottle caps are good. Loved to root beer
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    SD48277 said:

Gillycw said:

British Cadburys chocolate is the best , followed pretty closely by Swiss Lindt

this
    Vs the U.S/Hershey Cadbury products?
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Idris said:

SD48277 said:

Gillycw said:

British Cadburys chocolate is the best , followed pretty closely by Swiss Lindt

this
    Vs the U.S/Hershey Cadbury products?
    Yes.
    ELITIST FUK
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    in australia we have these
    i love the taste it taste like musky flavour
    they used to be called fags and have a red tip like cigarettes but it got banned because of bad influence
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Kraft bought Cadbury and changed the UK recipe to the same shitty recipe we have in America this past year. And shorted the UK an egg and kept the price the same!

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!

USA! USA!

domesticity.gawker.com/easter-will-be-shit-this-year-creme-egg-controversy-sp-1678948208
    Jason P said:

Kraft bought Cadbury and changed the UK recipe to the same shitty recipe we have in America this past year. And shorted the UK an egg and kept the price the same!

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!

USA! USA!

domesticity.gawker.com/easter-will-be-shit-this-year-creme-egg-controversy-sp-1678948208

Right before Kraft bought Cadbury (shares) they (Kraft) assured the public (Amidst the general public uproar!) that NO changes to recipes would be made.

Perhaps it was just a very unofficial word/assurance that was (said to be) given.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

And gum cigarettes were the best because when you blew on them power would come out in a cloud and it really looked like you were smoking. Great practice for the real thing.

Yeah, but a smart kid knew to 'smoke' cigarettes, you would inhale, then blow out. Inhaling sugar is not fun...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    JWPearl said:

they used to be called fags and have a red tip like cigarettes but it got banned because of bad influence

They were my favourite!!
    Gotta love the 70's
    shame because i loved it...
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    My lunchtime dessert of choice in middle school. Yummy!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    After going candy shopping with my nephews, I came away with a few road food treats. I have to say the Sweet Tarts were awesome. Except the yellow ones, they blow ass and are currently lining Hwy 97 north and Hwy 16 west. As every time I came across one it got tossed out the passenger window.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Fun Dip is awesome...and I would have been littering the highway with banana runts.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Swedish Fish - the red ones, not that BS bag that has fish of multiple colors
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I'm with empty on swedish fish. When I was in college the first time and a major stoner I lived on those things.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2015
    in no particular order

cinnamon disks
    chocolate covered peanuts
    chocolate covered pretzels
    snickers
    brookside dark chocolate crunchy clusters

i make a mean chocolate covered pretzels/peanuts combo holiday mix i could sell & make some real $$$.

peanut m&ms... forget about it
    hot tamales... fired up cinnamon... nearly drinkable
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • It's so weird you call it "swedish fish".

I'm from sweden, and we don't call it anything special.... they´re just candy shaped as fish. Love the ones that are liquorice though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

It's so weird you call it "swedish fish".

I'm from sweden, and we don't call it anything special.... they´re just candy shaped as fish. Love the ones that are liquorice though.

We have gummy fish too, possibly to differentiate. Though I hear the gummy fish in Sweeden are salty. They sell American Sweedish fish at IKEA...next to the Sweedish candy

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    When do we get to move on to toffee or is that too refined for empty?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

When do we get to move on to toffee or is that too refined for empty?

Love toffee
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    these things are pretty tast
    the cherry ones too

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Directly from London Cadbury fruit and nut giant bar. One of my favorite bars....love Cadbury.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

top 5 candy of all time

We sell Swedish Fish three kinds of them but I've never tasted them so I can't comment if they're any good.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Agree bottle caps are good. Loved to root beer

Yeah, that was the best one.
    Gillycw said:

JWPearl said:

They were my favourite!!
    Gotta love the 70's
    Those were called Popeye Cigarettes in Canada (not sure about the US). No idea why, since he smoked a corncob pipe.

edited September 2015

Swedish Fish - the red ones, not that BS bag that has fish of multiple colors

I go for the Swedish Berries. Same thing, different shape. Yum. I buy them semi-regularly, usually for the movie theatre (smuggled in in my purse of course).