I have no patience for................

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Nope, nope, nope. You soak it husk and all in water, pull off the hangy bits and then throw it on the grill. So freaking good,
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Nope, nope, nope. You soak it husk and all in water, pull off the hangy bits and then throw it on the grill. So freaking good,

YES! While I didn't do this tonight, I will do this when we go camping here very soon.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    AND it starts to go off as soon as you husk it. It's at the peak if you don't husk it until you're ready to eat it.

And make of that what you will.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2015

I have done it many times this way and with butter in foil, and I don't think there is any difference to the taste or texture of the corn at all either way (aside from the corn being already buttered and salted when you take it off the grill with the foil method). I think the difference is psychological, lol.

But i didn't even know people unhusked corn before they're ready to cook and eat it. That makes no sense to me. Of course it stays fresher in the husk.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Oh that's a good point. If for some reason you are ever buying corn before you intend to eat it u suppose it makes sense to leave it in the husk. I didn't take that into consideration.
    I prefer the foil method but tossed straight on the bbq is good too. I've never heard of cooking it inside the husk.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I 've tossed it on the grill and in the fire, husk on.
    I've shucked it clean and boiled it in a pan of water. ,S
    You could also peel back the husk, smear butter all over the corn, pull the husk back over the corn and grill it that way too.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Corn in the husk on the grill is delicious. Fuck the foil, I'm way to lazy for all of that preparation.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    unreasoning people
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2015
    For people (teens and adults) who need a calculator for equations that are in the multiplication table.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    JWP always gets this thing back on track :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Women who've had so much botox that there's nothing going on from their eyes on up.
    if your beautiful hedonist why ever touch your face with this crap why not just age gracefully and just use creams
    ive seen some shocking faces of stars who thought it would benefit them but was a big mistake
    and irriversable
  • JWPearl said:

ive seen some shocking faces of stars who thought it would benefit them but was a big mistake
    and irriversable

Not her though

Bug spray that doesn't work.

JWPearl said:

if your beautiful hedonist why ever touch your face with this crap why not just age gracefully and just use creams
    and irriversable

Don't know if I'm aging with grace, but I'm pretty happy with myself as I ease on down the road.

(yes, I DID just quote "The Wiz" =) )

I'll never inject myself with anything.

(oy, PJFan. And that's from awhile back)
  • DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    My in-laws (including my husbands' 4 sisters and assorted spouses and kids) after being on vacation in the woods with them for a week!!! I think I need a good 1-2 weeks recovery!!! :)
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .

JWPearl said:

and irriversable

Not her though

Bug spray that doesn't work.

dee snider, right? :confused::confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    governments even though i respect them for the time being
    they are put in place for some sort of order
    but when they try to stop me.... from worshiping my God
    then thats when the line gets drawn.....!!!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2015

Poopy diapers

The poopy diapers don't bother me so much as the squirmy and screaming little prick who won't stay still and hence gets shit everywhere so that I have to use about 36 wipes to get it all off him -- and me.

Fucker!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    dankind said:

Poopy diapers

The poopy diapers don't bother me so much as the squirmy and screaming little prick who won't stay still and hence gets shit everywhere so that I have to use about 36 wipes to get it all off him -- and me.

Fucker!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    torture
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Inconsiderate people
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    pedophiles
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    glitches
    ELITIST FUK
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Fake encore.
    for people who spend their whole pension on sniffing glue and drinking booze and leave their poor old mother to go buy their food and they come knocking on your car door asking for money to buy food bc they have spent their means on alcohol and glue
    our local aboriginies feel sorry for the poor mother whos seems to be on her own now and doesnt do those things
    :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    People who do everything else but drive when driving down the road.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

People who are always fucking late.

Well duh. It ain't fucking if you show up late to the party!

• DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    deadendp said:

People who do everything else but drive when driving down the road.

Okay, this reminded me of my mom . . . When my sister was in high school, she was driving in town and she sees my mom driving. She honks, waves, yells out the window, tries to get her attention, nothing's working. So she is finally able to pull up beside her and looks into my mom's car and . . . my mom is reading the newspaper while she's driving down the road. Whenever she starts telling us what an attentive driver she is, we bring up this gem.

I agree too. . . . sometimes it scares me when I'm driving just how many people are just not paying attention to what they're doing because they are really distracted!! Yikes!!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .